NCE Necromunda Community Edition

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
@Tiny, thanks for this excellent work. In the post on P1 you mention the file is editable for player adaptation; can I ask what you or others use to edit and adapt it? Is it illustrator, or something else?

Reactions: Tiny

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
@Tiny, thanks for this excellent work. In the post on P1 you mention the file is editable for player adaptation; can I ask what you or others use to edit and adapt it? Is it illustrator, or something else?
I use Acrobat Pro. Not the ideal software but it’s what I’ve got. Ideally you’d use Adobe Indesign or similar.

Reactions: Petitioner's City

Commissariat

Ganger
Mar 9, 2017
Maine
Is there a current changelog? The one posted in the OP only has up to 2019, unless I clicked the wrong link.

[edit:Are the 2020 amendments the 2021 changes?]

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiny

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Enforcers is one of those things that NCE didn't really nail down, what with them being a Fanatic expansion rather than an "official" ruleset. I think the Tools will be using the ORB version if anything - though I admit I haven't ever used them to build an enforcer gang.

@Malo will be able to confirm, if he can remember!

Reactions: Ardavion
Enforcers is one of those things that NCE didn't really nail down, what with them being a Fanatic expansion rather than an "official" ruleset. I think the Tools will be using the ORB version if anything - though I admit I haven't ever used them to build an enforcer gang.
I see, I was thrown off by their presence in the tools and got confused while cross-referencing different versions of the rules with the NCE tag. I'll check the ORB ones out now, and failing that I'll just do it all on paper. Thank you!

Reactions: Ardavion and Stoof

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
@ntw3001 raised a good point in the new models thread. Should Ratskins get HWL access to lasguns? There were models made with them and the lasgun is as ubiquitous as a cigarette lighter. That said, its only a HWL and they can take them as rare purchases if they want. Discuss.

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Kneejerk reaction is no, because I only just converted my lasgun ratties to something else in the recent past. :LOL:
But honestly I don't think it's a problem for them to have them. They used to and weren't broken, because of that at least. I know the balance between auto and las shifted a bit, but more towards auto anyway, and they are never going to out shoot the shooty gangs with just basic weapons.

Reactions: Stoof and Tiny

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Part of me says yes because the old models have them.

Another part says no because ratskins don't have much contact with uphivers (Apart from badskins of course). Also they live in the lowest badlands parts of the underhive. Where guns are knock offs made in shoddy workshops out of cheap sheet steel etc. Every casing has been recycled so many times with whatever home recipe of powder. As opposed to coming out of the manufactories above.
They use bows, muskets, blunderbusses after all.

Maybe have them as a leader only weapon. So they are limited at gang creation but become common after that.
Works as a halfway house between the two.

Reactions: Ben_S and Tiny

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Maybe have them as a leader only weapon. So they are limited at gang creation but become common after that.
Works as a halfway house between the two.

I think this is a great compromise and probably the best way to go.

EDIT: Actually I forgot that leader only weapons no longer become common after first game. They actually get removed from the HWL after the first game... which maybe another thing that needs work.

Last edited:

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
It's one of those anachronisms that crops up in the Necromunda - and wider 40k - lore. Lasguns are second only to hydrogen and hands to hold them in the 40k universe. They have been around for millennea, they are supremely reliable, easy to reload/recharge, and available in their countless billions across all walks of society... yet Orlocks prefer "reliable" autoguns and boltguns, and the people with limited access to kit inexplicably find it easier to scratch build kinetic weapons and blend gunpowder than plug a lasgun power pack pack into a pilfered power source. We, today, think "they shouldn't have high-tech stuff", forgetting that in 40K a lasgun isn't in any way "high-tech".

Personally I think they should just have regular access to them, but I don't play ratskins. My argument - beyond the tongue-in-cheek one above - would simply be that the original metals had them as standard ganger models - and three seperate sculpts of them at that - rather than the unusal one-offs like the Orlock power fist or Delaque axe wielding maniac.

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Actually I forgot that leader only weapons no longer become common after first game. They actually get removed from the HWL after the first game... which maybe another thing that needs work.

Edited post above for clarity.

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
It's one of those anachronisms that crops up in the Necromunda - and wider 40k - lore. Lasguns are second only to hydrogen and hands to hold them in the 40k universe. They have been around for millennea, they are supremely reliable, easy to reload/recharge, and available in their countless billions across all walks of society... yet Orlocks prefer "reliable" autoguns and boltguns, and the people with limited access to kit inexplicably find it easier to scratch build kinetic weapons and blend gunpowder than plug a lasgun power pack pack into a pilfered power source. We, today, think "they shouldn't have high-tech stuff", forgetting that in 40K a lasgun isn't in any way "high-tech".

Personally I think they should just have regular access to them, but I don't play ratskins. My argument - beyond the tongue-in-cheek one above - would simply be that the original metals had them as standard ganger models - and three seperate sculpts of them at that - rather than the unusal one-offs like the Orlock power fist or Delaque axe wielding maniac.
Yeah, I'd agree with Stoof on this - someone who comes to NCE these days, and then buys some ratskins on ebay, for example, is far more likely to find 1st edition than fanatic's 2nd edition, and thus have at least a few, or even a lot, of lasguns.

(this of course reflects a problem I have with modernmunda, and even the 1st Underhive, was the house lists making illegal people's treasured older models! It's the first thing I houserule is putting those weapons back into the lists :D )

Just for heck, too, even the original Renegade box had a lasgun!

20170401_002328.jpg

And this lovely art features a laspistol too

309ff581bbd7129ca4f65f927a2f21c5.jpg