1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necromunda Compilations I & II - both now online and downloadable!!

Discussion in 'Rules, Mechanics & Skills' started by ArbitorIan, May 8, 2013.

1. ArbitorIan

ArbitorIan Guest

UPDATED!

Comp I (ORB Edition) - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/Necromunda_Compilation_I_v1.pdf
    Comp II (LRB Edition) -
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/Necromunda_Compilation_II_v2.pdf

Necromunda: Compilation I

V1 is online, and available to download at http://www.arbitorian.com/Necromunda_Co ... n_I_v1.pdf (40Mb). This is a compilation of all the ORB and boxed-set era Journal, Gang War and early Necromunda Magazine rules.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UPDATED!!

Necromunda: Compilation II

V1 is online, and available to download at http://www.arbitorian.com/Necromunda_Co ... _II_v1.pdf (99.2Mb). This is a compilation of all the currently available LRB and Underhive era articles into one handy PDF, with lovely formatting so that it looks like a real Necromunda book. Front cover and table of contents shown below.

Please send post any notes, corrctions, or requests in the thread below. If anyone would like to upload it into the Library system here on Yakromunda, they're welcome to do so. I'm also planning a 'Compilation I' which will cover all the early Gang War and Journal articles, compatible with the ORB.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------

HELLO.

So, I spend a lot of time on flights, and I like to practise my InDesign skills in this downtime. I've been making a few wargaming documents for fun, including an Arbites Codex, 6ed Reference Sheets, etc, all formatted as accurately as possible.

One of the things I've been working on is a single document 'compilation' of all the old Fanatic Magazine and, later, Fanatic Online articles, all formatted like the original documents (since a lot of the later FO articles looked pretty poor). Since I'm now using an iPad to access my hobby-related documents, one big PDF 'book' is a lot more handy for me than lots and lots of individual articles. Sample screenshots are below..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a few questions for the community.

- Is this of interest to anyone else?
    - I'm currently limiting this to all the articles I can find from the later Fanatic Magazine and Fanatic Online - so all relating to Necromunda-Underhive or the LRB, and including the PDFs from the GW site. I'm excluding earlier articles from the Necromunda Magazine (for first-edition Necromunda) - is this a sensible policy?
    - I'm aware that this site features the NCE version of the rules as well, but I've never tried them, and I don't know how compatible they are with all the older PDF articles. Should I try to update the files for NCE, of keep them as is?
    - Beyond the generic 'Ash Waste Nomad' gang, I'm not including all the masses of Ash Waste rules - that's enough work for a whole separate book!!
    - A list of planned contents is below - let me know if there are other things to include, or better/more up-to-date versions of these rules - particularly the Vehicles rules and the Bestiary!

-------------------

NEW RULES

Dead or Alive - Rules for Outlaws (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    Outlaw Scenarios (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    Outlaw Trading Post (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    New Equipment (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    Treacherous Conditions (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    Bind Fighting (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    New Equipment (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    Blind Fighting Scenarios (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    Gang Leadership (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    Stay! There's a good boy! - Dogs in Necromunda (from Fanatic Online, by Nick Jakos)
    Subbers for Sale - Rules for Traders (from Fanatic Online, by Nick Jakos)
    The Unknown Warriors - make your own House (from Fanatic Online, by Michael Dewbury)
    Warmachines in the Underhive - Vehicles (from Fanatic Online, by Bill Etherington)
    You Better do Something! - Special Actions (from Fanatic Online, by Nick Jakos)
    Underhive Bestiary (from Fanatic Online, by Nick Jakos)

GANGS

Enforcers: Justice in the Underhive (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    Ratskin Renegades (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    Scavvies (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    Death Stalks the Underhive: Spyrer Gangs (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    The Redemption (from Fanatic Online - by John French)
    Ash Waste Nomads (from Fanatic Online)
    Pit Slaves (from the 'V2' PDF)

HIRED GUNS

The Wyrd and the Wonderful (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    Pit Slave (from the Fanatic Online article 'The Forgotten Guns' by Arbitor General)
    Ogryn Bodyguard (from the Fanatic Online article 'The Forgotten Guns' by Arbitor General)
    Ratskin Savage (from the Fanatic Online article 'The Forgotten Guns' by Arbitor General)
    Defense Force Deserter (from the Fanatic Online article 'The Forgotten Guns' by Arbitor General)
    Sniper (from the Fanatic Online article 'The Forgotten Guns' by Arbitor General)
    Crazy Doc (from the Fanatic Online article 'The Forgotten Guns' by Arbitor General)
    Preacher (from the Fanatic Online article 'The Forgotten Guns' by Arbitor General)

SPECIAL CHARACTERS

Special Characters Rules (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    Arch Zealot of the Redemption (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    Brakar, the Avenger (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    Bull Gorg (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    Bonnie Annerson (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    Klovis the Redeemer (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    Deacon Malakev (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    Mad Donna Ulanti (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    Karloth Valois (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    Kal Jerico (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    Scabbs (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    King Redwart (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    Lothar Hex (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    The Caller (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)
    The Rat God (from the Fanatic Online article 'Special Characters' by Arbitor General)

CAMPAIGNS

The Dust Falls Campaign (from GW/Fanatic Magazine)
    Part One
    Part Two
    Part Three
    Scum City (from Fanatic Online)
    Sludge Harbour (from Fanatic Online)
    The Chasms (from Fanatic Online)
    Alevan Town (from Fanatic Online)
    Paradise City (from Fanatic Online)

SCENARIOS (all from Fanatic Online)

Get Rich or Die Tryin
    The Package
    Purge
    The Hoard
    A Captive Audience - new captured fighter scenarios
    The Night Before Fistmas
    2007 Scenarios Competition

#1 ArbitorIan, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
    SNxWMxN and OneAmongMany like this.
  2. StusIdle

StusIdle Juve

Map
    Re: Necromunda Article Compilation - feedback & requests

Wow, that's a lot of work mate.
    I'd be very interested in this. When running/starting a campaign it's great to be able to look through rules for insperation. I find that a little tricky currently so a combined PDF would be fantastic.
    I do use the NCE rules so would be pleased if you included an updated version but I don't want to make too much work for you. I can always do some converting myself.
    Very nice looking work too.

3. Gorkamunda

Gorkamunda Adeptus Ineptus
    Staff Member Gorkamorka Warboss Yak Comp 2nd Place Yak Philanthropist

I use the NCE as well, but would be interested in this even though it wouldn't be 100% NCE compatible. People with a bit more insight than me could probably comment on which aspects of the .pdf would need fixing, though.

4. simon

simon Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

Map

Howdy,

1. I've seen your Arbites on Dakka, they're awesome. Are you going to get them insured now that GW have stopped making them? :)

2. This is a really good idea. I'm a bit of a purist so don't tend to use too much of the stuff beyond the NCE and original Outlanders rules but I think a lot of people will enjoy having all the articles in one place and neatly formatted.
    The NCE isn't radically different from the LRB: it doesn't add any new rules apart from Pitch Black as one of the scenario special rules, just balances them. For that reason there's nothing that makes, say, the Scavvy list incompatible but as a general rule anything from Outlanders or later becomes difficult. Many people have tried to create 'CE' versions of these rules and most fall by the wayside. I think part of the problem is that different people like different things about rulesets, so it's hard to reach a consensus. Going back to Scavvies for e.g., some people like the Zombie Followers rules, some like the idea that you 'hire' your zombies, some people use dogs, etc.

3. Layout looks great!

Cheers.

#4 simon, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  5. ArbitorIan

ArbitorIan Guest

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I guess I don't know what people actually use when they play games with the CE rules - do people just use the current GW download PDFs for Ratskins/Spyrers etc, and work around any problems or are there 'official CE' versions of the rules?

Currently, I'm just trying to use the most widely-accepted and up-to-date versions, so if there are better/more widely accepted versions of the Scavvy/Redemptionist/Vehicle rules that work better across LRB and CE, then I'm happy to include them.

6. simon

simon Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

Map

The 'best' ones are probably the Anthony Case ones (PDH did a good scavvy list as well though...). I'd go for them over the GW ones in most cases, but that's just my opinion.

#6 simon, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  7. cardyfreak

cardyfreak Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Supporter

Map

This idea is awesome.

8. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place Yak Philanthropist

Map

I'd be very interested in a complete PDF of all of the articles regardless of which rule set I was playing.

If its senarios, then rules set doesnt matter too much, if its hired guns, and current ruleset requires, then house rule anything extra needed, if its gangs then it sets a nice base point. Either way having them all in the same place so folks can know where to start from makes sense.

Colour me very interested

9. StusIdle

StusIdle Juve

Map

From my point of view, running a campaign, having all the scenarios (or the good ones at least) in one place would be fantastic.
    I'm a little new at this so currnetly don't know where to look to even find them in the first place.

10. cardyfreak

Map

Everything you need is in the library here on yakromunda!

11. StusIdle

StusIdle Juve

Map

I know, I've had a good read but, when trying to find a specific scenario, my head starts to melt. Having them all in one PDF would be very useful.
    I'm also sure I've missed a few (where can I find Lord of the Spire and Scavangers for example?) while reading (or at least downloading and opening the PDF) several of them repeatedly.
    Basically I wanted to show support for the idea as I'm very lazy (hence my name) and the less work i have to do the better.

12. cardyfreak

Map

Lord of the spire is in 'arbitrator scenarios' here. As is the mighty storming the barricades! Hive of the living dead is in 'tales from the underhive' here.

13. StusIdle

StusIdle Juve

Map

Thank you.

As it turns out I'd downloaded 'arbitrator scenarios' month ago but couldn't remember which of the downloads I'd seen it in (hence my brain melting).
    That's why I'd love a compendium of all the scenarios, for pure laziness. That or an index.

A separate thought though:

I'm writing a few scenarios for the campaign I'm running. A compendium would help me ensure these scenarios (or something close) hadn't been (better) written before. Beyond that however, some form of 'Scenario Template' would be very useful.

Not only would this help me ensure I've not missed a crucial section, such as Exp. earned, but would also help me publish it, both here and for my players, in an organised and coherent format.

It would also mean that I could write up a few of the currently published scenarios myself, for the compendium, so that one person isn't doing all the work.

I hope that makes sense. In essence what I'm trying to say is that: While writing, lets say, a 'Gladiatorial Arena' scenario a compendium would allow me to quickly see if someone else has already written one. I can then steal it or edit it to fit. If no-one else has then I can publish it properly for others to use/steal/edit/criticise.

14. Sharkforce

Sharkforce Gang Hero

the yakromunda library does have a search function. most of the files have pretty good tags attached to them, so you can often find what you're looking for with that.

15. Anthony

Anthony Community Edition Editor
    Necromunda Custodian

They look rather splendid ArbitorIan.

If you did happen to do an NCE compatible compilation of my old outlaw gang rules I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Personally I'd love to see a compilation of all the really old stuff from the Citadel Journal and Gang War era. They're great for inspiration but a fair amount of the scans I have are quite terrible quality.

16. ArbitorIan

ArbitorIan Guest

Re: Necromunda Article Compilation - V1 ONLINE!!!

UPDATED!!

The first version of this document is linked in the top post. Only took me....um...AGES...but it's worth it as I can now fit everything into my iPad without my head exploding every time I try to view the contents list.... :)

17. jimjimjimmyjim

jimjimjimmyjim Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

Map

Nice work!

18. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place Yak Philanthropist

Map

Awesome, you sah, are a gentleman and a scholar!

19. cardyfreak

Map

That's some quality work there my friend, I'm going to cast my eye over it at work today. I've had a little spy and it looks great, really handy.

20. Gorkamunda

Gorkamunda Adeptus Ineptus
    Staff Member Gorkamorka Warboss Yak Comp 2nd Place Yak Philanthropist

Awesome!