Necromunda Necromunda Computer game announced

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
You would have registered and had access in less time than it took you to write that...
I think I have a discord account, and a few spaces registered. I muted it all because I already have too much similar sh.
tuff from slack and work related duties.

I hear that for some direct engagement and a continuous flow of discussions is kewl, but I can assure you I would really prefer a structured post, providing structured information at one point in time. Which, I think, I would not get on discord, however fast it may be to register/subscribe.
Long story short: Im getting old :)

Now to get back to the topic: these quotes sound good! Now if I could get my dirty hands on a beta... or no: I'd rather wait for a 'finished' game, and enjoy it when they are ready to release!

Petitioner's City

Gang Champion
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I think I have a discord account, and a few spaces registered. I muted it all because I already have too much similar sh.
tuff from slack and work related duties.

I hear that for some direct engagement and a continuous flow of discussions is kewl, but I can assure you I would really prefer a structured post, providing structured information at one point in time. Which, I think, I would not get on discord, however fast it may be to register/subscribe.
Long story short: Im getting old :)

Now to get back to the topic: these quotes sound good! Now if I could get my dirty hands on a beta... or no: I'd rather wait for a 'finished' game, and enjoy it when they are ready to release!
Fair points :) but it's a good chat forum, worth joining in or at least peaking into.

Reactions: dabbk

GreyMatter

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Apr 3, 2014
Shanghai, China
Sounds like all the right things are being said about the action points and skill trees. Excited to see what we can with game play and campaign progression.

Reactions: Chivers7

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Eh, guys, I was wondering what's up with this, and I visited the website: https://www.focus-home.com/games/necromunda:-underhive-wars
I dont think I had seen the trailer yet! And... yeah, I like it so far, if they havent fkued up the game mechanics, and there's a real turn by turn (Im too old for RTS anything), with a decent campaign (with your friends!) system, then... I say bring it on!

PS: it still says 2019.
pps: hmmm looks like I have goldfish memory, because the trailer is more than old!
There seem to still be life on the project though, as they were hiring various people for that project, as of recently! https://www.indeedjobs.com/rogue-factor/jobs/2dc2eb1838bf690570db for example

ppps: from their forum:

Frank_Lalight Rogue Factor Team May 2, 2019, 3:47 PM
Hey guys, we did not forget about you, but we are deep in development.
The closed playtest we held was super useful, but created the need for more iteration and pushed us to revisit a few things here and there.
Yes, this might lead to a later release, but it will mainly lead to a better game and this is what we are about.
As the dust settles, we will be able to solidify a roadmap and share more with you. Rest assured work moves forward, progress happens daily, and we won't rest until this game's ready to ship.
last edited by Frank_Lalight May 2, 2019, 6:58 PM

like I said we had a closed playtest last February and decided to revisit parts of the game and iterate in general. Of course that impacts our raodmap directly, which is why we haven't provided one so far.
I don't believe it would serve anyone if we created expectations without knowing we can meet them. We'd rather be transparent about the fact we are working on the game relentlessly.
I assure you, when the game's release date is officially announced we'll make as much noise as we can about it so you shouldn't need to be on the lookout to hear about it.
Thanks a lot for being here and bearing with us through development.
Frank_Lalight Rogue Factor Team Jul 29, 2019, 2:21 PM
Hey there,

Please don't lose hope. We can assure you the game is still being worked on full time by our 30 strong team of passionate devs.

We'll come back with a proper communication campaign in partnership with Focus as soon as the time is right. In this new crowded game space, timing is of the essence. There will be a game, it will be a solid step up from our last one, and we will share trailers, screenshots, and whatnot.

Thanks for your understanding and for bearing with us.
Cheers!

Last edited:

GreyMatter

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Apr 3, 2014
Shanghai, China
Better to at least have communications like this than stoney silence. Would love to know what mechanics they decided to revisit after testing them in game

Eh, guys, I was wondering what's up with this, and I visited the website: https://www.focus-home.com/games/necromunda:-underhive-wars
I dont think I had seen the trailer yet! And... yeah, I like it so far, if they havent fkued up the game mechanics, and there's a real turn by turn (Im too old for RTS anything), with a decent campaign (with your friends!) system, then... I say bring it on!

PS: it still says 2019.
pps: hmmm looks like I have goldfish memory, because the trailer is more than old!
There seem to still be life on the project though, as they were hiring various people for that project, as of recently! https://www.indeedjobs.com/rogue-factor/jobs/2dc2eb1838bf690570db for example

ppps: from their forum:

Frank_Lalight Rogue Factor Team May 2, 2019, 3:47 PM
Hey guys, we did not forget about you, but we are deep in development.
The closed playtest we held was super useful, but created the need for more iteration and pushed us to revisit a few things here and there.
Yes, this might lead to a later release, but it will mainly lead to a better game and this is what we are about.
As the dust settles, we will be able to solidify a roadmap and share more with you. Rest assured work moves forward, progress happens daily, and we won't rest until this game's ready to ship.
last edited by Frank_Lalight May 2, 2019, 6:58 PM

like I said we had a closed playtest last February and decided to revisit parts of the game and iterate in general. Of course that impacts our raodmap directly, which is why we haven't provided one so far.
I don't believe it would serve anyone if we created expectations without knowing we can meet them. We'd rather be transparent about the fact we are working on the game relentlessly.
I assure you, when the game's release date is officially announced we'll make as much noise as we can about it so you shouldn't need to be on the lookout to hear about it.
Thanks a lot for being here and bearing with us through development.
Frank_Lalight Rogue Factor Team Jul 29, 2019, 2:21 PM
Hey there,

Please don't lose hope. We can assure you the game is still being worked on full time by our 30 strong team of passionate devs.

We'll come back with a proper communication campaign in partnership with Focus as soon as the time is right. In this new crowded game space, timing is of the essence. There will be a game, it will be a solid step up from our last one, and we will share trailers, screenshots, and whatnot.

Thanks for your understanding and for bearing with us.
Cheers!
[/QUOTE

Better to have communications like this than stoney silence. Would be interested to know what they found did not work from their original design mechanics

Last edited:

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Hero
Aug 16, 2017
So... anyone heard anything? The official website's stil claiming "coming 2019" but that's starting to look increasingly unlikely what with the complete lack of promotion.

Reactions: Sundown Dreamer

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
So... anyone heard anything? The official website's stil claiming "coming 2019" but that's starting to look increasingly unlikely what with the complete lack of promotion.
According to a forum post most of the online discussion is apparently in a developer Discord channel, in which they've explained that they're not going to Steam until the game is finished, instead of doing early access like they did with Mordheim, and it is looking like a 2020 release.

Take with a pinch of salt, mind; I don't really look for news on this game much anymore (given the accessibility of information and my low opinion of how it is going to turn out based on N17/N18), so this is third-hand information and could have changed since I last looked for anything. You'd be best served by finding and joining the developer Discord channel.

crimsonsun

Gang Champion
May 4, 2013
www.crimsonsun2000.wordpress.com
So I can't say alot, but I can confirm the games still in production, I'm awaiting the next stage of playtesting there was a ton of good things but stuff that needed fixing/reworking last time around. What I will say is the game looks and feels so Necromunda its beautiful in a gothic underhive fashion, I seriously cannot talk highly enough about how thematically accurate they've nailed the setting. Been waiting for news since spring for the next playtest so have no idea when I'll hear more.

I worked with them playtesting Mordhiem DLC's hence why I've been involved in every stage on this project but its still a work in progress and I've got no idea when its likely to see a release.

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
Definitely would prefere them to take the time to get it right than rush it out the door. As it's such a nieche game with an unforgiving fan base its could live or die based on the first few weeks and I really like the idea of an international yaktribe campaign

Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
In the beginning, I was thrilled that there should be a video game besides the tabletop. Meanwhile, it's been ages since we've heard or seen something.
Would from time to time a new screenshot, a little detail, a small sentence really be asking too much?- I do not think so!

Originally, I probably even blindly ordered the game as a fan of Necromunda. Alone the gangs and environment because of and in the hope of an additional source of inspiration. But that is long gone. I do not know if I'll be interested again and if so, then certainly not without detailed reviews and first gameplays.

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Supporter
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
I’m a pure slag for Necromunda so all it needs is the name on the box and I’ll be balls deep in that sucka.

crimsonsun

Gang Champion
May 4, 2013
I can't pass on screen shots I'm afraid and I have zero contact with marketing so all I can do is provide info its still in development and it looks very Necromunda.

I’m a pure slag for Necromunda so all it needs is the name on the box and I’ll be balls deep in that sucka.
What you do with your copy of Necromunda is entirely your business, seriously I think you've been playing with KDM pin ups too much really. Also where you been the last two decades? Box what sodding box I think the last computer game I brought that had a box was Medevial Total War - the Orginal. Dude if youre expecting a box you might need a PC upgrade before you can play but with the sort of games you have in mind maybe you shouldn't get a new hard drive and should revert back to a floppy disk.

:p I hope you're doing good.

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Supporter
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
The last pc game I bought was shogun 2. It had a box. A sweet, sweet box.
Im good fella, hope you’re well too!

Gunkaiser

Gang Champion
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
If the campaign mode is at least as good as Mordheim I'm gonna rack up another 600 hours...

crimsonsun

Gang Champion
May 4, 2013
Don't... There's a reason I'm a playtester its purely down to the endless hours I put into that game... Good fun though.. I believe multiplayer will be better supported this time, at least that's the intention, but nothing is final, more than 2 gangs in one battle type of thing. ;)