N18 Necromunda demo table at Little Wars

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
Payneham Road, Payneham SA, Australia
Yo,

There's a wargames event happening here in Adelaide (Oz) in July, I got onto the organisers and am now going to be running a demo table of Necromunda.

My basic plan is to run an Ambush scenario on a fairly small table, with Escher team trying to escape and Van Saar trying to stop them. Teams all pre-determined, cards made up for all gang members so it is a real pick up and play scenario.
The rationale is that Escher are fast, and Van Saar and very shooty, on a small table then the game is going to run very quick, with the dice being the main determination of if they can get away or not. Also i have both these gangs nicely painted so it'll look nice....

If I'm lucky I'll have some of @BabelSnake 's Metro Morph proof prints to use as terrain, so it'll look schmick as well.

I'd like to showcase all aspects of the game, so I'm thinking to have a very small (say 10 cards) deck for the Escher player to draw their 2 randoms from, and choose a couple thematic cards for the Van Saar.

Keen for input on what details could make it more interesting, what cards you think are worth including (I'd like them to all be very straightforward in terms of their descriptions too, avoid those with fuzzy wordings). Want to get people's hooks into the game in a quick fashion!

Also, are there any pre-made Yaktribe flyers at all? I'd be very keen to promote the community at the same time as the game itself. @CaptainDangerous @ClockworkOrange or any other staff, is there anything i can print up to distribute?

Here's the link to the event so far, the page is still a work in progress it seems, not many other game demo folk have got their pages up to date yet! http://www.eurekamin.com.au/littlew...2019/adelaide-games-on-offer-2019/necromunda/

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Great stuff! Nice and schmick sounds like a winner!
@Stoof made this a while ago, but in my experience, you are pretty much free to make up your own promotional stuff as long as it’s in good taste e.g. no swear words or boobies!
1559131084292.jpeg
....well, maybe some boobies, as long as they are in good taste! :p :giggle:

As for your demo, I’m really keen on seeing how you get on so please get plenty pictures! Your plot sounds really great, like the Escher have perhaps stolen something from the van saar and they are running the gauntlet to escape!
If there are plenty of folks watching then maybe let everyone have a single mini each with one player on each gang nominated the leader, that way anyone unfamiliar with the rules only has to worry about that one figures actions, and it encourages those that know the rules to help out you as the GM!
And until you get a grasp of how knowledgable the players are, I would just leave the tactics cards out but have them ready, and either hand them out mid game as a GM privilege, or if folks just can’t get enough and are having multiple games, then add them then!
It’s always easier to keep it simple than to try and explain something that is potentially complicated!

(y):)

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
This weekend!

Have printed up some yak-flyers.

I have a folder for each player which has a basic 2 page list of actions/sequence (have a compiled full rulebook for the table as well). Copies of their gang list and ganger cards. A printout of the scenario rules and a bunch of Yak-flyers for each folder.

Anything else i should include in these reference folders?

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
I stuck a few pics up in my general plog.

Game was the 'Ambush' scenario. I used my regular Van Saar gang as the ambushers, but just picked out 5 models as they're pretty tough an upgraded. The Escher gang i made fresh up to 1k creds.
Most games went to the Escher, on that size board getting 4 out of 7 off the board was reasonably attainable, but there was a couple really cool close games that broke that rule! Mainly when the ambusher was able to get the max 3 starting activations based on dice rolls, 3 hits straight away makes em a bit slower...

Aug 20, 2019
Yo,

There's a wargames event happening here in Adelaide (Oz) in July, I got onto the organisers and am now going to be running a demo table of Necromunda.

My basic plan is to run an Ambush scenario on a fairly small table, with Escher team trying to escape and Van Saar trying to stop them. Teams all pre-determined, cards made up for all gang members so it is a real pick up and play scenario.
The rationale is that Escher are fast, and Van Saar and very shooty, on a small table then the game is going to run very quick, with the dice being the main determination of if they can get away or not. Also i have both these gangs nicely painted so it'll look nice....

If I'm lucky I'll have some of @BabelSnake 's Metro Morph proof prints to use as terrain, so it'll look schmick as well.

I'd like to showcase all aspects of the game, so I'm thinking to have a very small (say 10 cards) deck for the Escher player to draw their 2 randoms from, and choose a couple thematic cards for the Van Saar.

Keen for input on what details could make it more interesting, what cards you think are worth including (I'd like them to all be very straightforward in terms of their descriptions too, avoid those with fuzzy wordings). Want to get people's hooks into the game in a quick fashion!

Also, are there any pre-made Yaktribe flyers at all? I'd be very keen to promote the community at the same time as the game itself. @CaptainDangerous @ClockworkOrange or any other staff, is there anything i can print up to distribute?

Here's the link to the event so far, the page is still a work in progress it seems, not many other game demo folk have got their pages up to date yet! http://www.eurekamin.com.au/littlew...2019/adelaide-games-on-offer-2019/necromunda/
Hi Sethmerlin, I was wondering if you're based in Adelaide and if you could recommend any clubs or groups that play necromunda? Unfortunately I missed your demo event, but I'm in the area and interested in giving the game a go with some of my GSC models.

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
Hi Sethmerlin, I was wondering if you're based in Adelaide and if you could recommend any clubs or groups that play necromunda? Unfortunately I missed your demo event, but I'm in the area and interested in giving the game a go with some of my GSC models.
Hey,

yeah I'm in Adelaide!
Myself and a few mates meet for late night Necromunda usually on Thursday evenings after kids are in bed, so makes for late nights, but fun. Very casual gaming group, nothing official club wise.
i'm aware of a couple other groups that run Necro campaigns, one is just finishing up I think then that club is doing apocalypse for a bit before going back to Necro in a couple months.
Where abouts are you? I'm inner Eastern suburbs, know of a few people scattered around different parts of town who could be keen.

Aug 20, 2019
Hey,

yeah I'm in Adelaide!
Myself and a few mates meet for late night Necromunda usually on Thursday evenings after kids are in bed, so makes for late nights, but fun. Very casual gaming group, nothing official club wise.
i'm aware of a couple other groups that run Necro campaigns, one is just finishing up I think then that club is doing apocalypse for a bit before going back to Necro in a couple months.
Where abouts are you? I'm inner Eastern suburbs, know of a few people scattered around different parts of town who could be keen.
Thanks, I don't have much experience with the gaming side of the hobby, so any help is appreciated. I'm in Marden, so roughly the same neck of the woods.

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
Thanks, I don't have much experience with the gaming side of the hobby, so any help is appreciated. I'm in Marden, so roughly the same neck of the woods.
Well dude I'm literally walking distance from you! So happy to have you around to learn the ropes when it suits. I live next to the Payneham Tavern :p

Reactions: The Tawny Owl
Aug 20, 2019
Well dude I'm literally walking distance from you! So happy to have you around to learn the ropes when it suits. I live next to the Payneham Tavern :p
Haha small world. Cheers man, I really appreciate it! I'll be away over the next couple of days, but I'm about from next Thursday onwards? I'll send you a message with my number and we can sort something out. :)

Reactions: Sethmerlin666