Necromunda: Hired Gun - A Necromunda FPS

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Well, we got ourselves a nice little leak appearing in the Microsoft store. Apparently there's a Necromunda FPS in the works! (PS4. PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC).

A single player, first person Necromunda adventure... I've so far seen analogues to Dishonored mentioned in the way it seems to work, which could be very interesting indeed!

Update: Official webiste up:

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021
Not a fan of first person shooters. They really killed it for me when they just kept making everything into a first person shooter but! Anything new and Necromunda im happy for!

Jon Reinhardt

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Oct 19, 2016
Stavanger
Yes we would all like a necromunda xcom clone. The closest thing is necromunda skirmish. But what we really want is pc game. Anyhow i think this games thematically really looks good. I Just hope that is comes out to pc and not only xbox. Im not a big fan of consoles.

I guess most of you old farts in here will agree with med. But did you see the most important part. The main character is holding a BOMB RAT. That just so awesome i'm having problems expressing how thrilled I am the that.

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
I do wish the slug throwers didn't look so much like modern weapons. Won't stop me, but autoguns have such a distinct look in Necromunda it would be nice if they looked closer to that.

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Hero
Aug 16, 2017
Looks like this'll be a nice little distraction. I'm glad it's handled by the same team as Space Hulk: Deathwing, as that game had some of the prettiest, most 40k environments I've seen in a videogame, so at the very least it'll have killer visuals.

Reactions: Stoof

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I played the first Dishonored* and really enjoyed it, if this turns out to be similar but in my favourite setting then that would be fantastic. The visuals do look great from what I've seen.

(As what my wife called "The Pied Piper of F*** YOU" - Rat horde attacks get the job done... uh... messily!)

Reactions: GreyMatter

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Gameplay looks closer to Doom than Dishonored (it doesn't look like a pacifist run is an option in Hired Gun). Both great games anyway.
This game looks like something I'd enjoy playing. Maybe not for 40 euro-bucks, but I'll probably grab it sooner or later.

GreyMatter

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Apr 3, 2014
Naples, Florida
I played the first Dishonored* and really enjoyed it, if this turns out to be similar but in my favourite setting then that would be fantastic. The visuals do look great from what I've seen.

(As what my wife called "The Pied Piper of F*** YOU" - Rat horde attacks get the job done... uh... messily!)

Oh, god.
Dishonored in a 40K setting would end my free time for multiple months

Reactions: Stoof
Sep 4, 2019
If its by the same team that did Deathwing, which the PC Gamer article states, it will at least look and sound like Necromunda. They did a stellar job on Deathwing. I'm disappointed it's not coop but I guess Fatshark have that covered with their 40K Vermintide.

I'd have loved a Necromunda Xcom clone too, just saying.

Reactions: nooker

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I'm disappointed it's not coop

I‘m so happy it’s not co-op (or multiplayer or an MMO) 🤣

Maybe i‘m old, but I think there’s a lot to be said for a computer game with a decent story that you can play, yourself, whenever you like, without having to rely on anyone else.

Last edited:

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
I don't mind multiplayer as an option, but I agree, if it's the focus, I'm out. I really like Titan Fall as a game, but the story only really being a tutorial on how to play multiplayer sucked.

almic85

Cranky Git
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
I guess most of you old farts in here will agree with med. But did you see the most important part. The main character is holding a BOMB RAT. That just so awesome i'm having problems expressing how thrilled I am the that.

Just a heads up but the developers have confirmed that it is NOT a bomb rat. It is in fact a chew toy for the cyber mastiff.