Necromunda: Hired Gun - A Necromunda FPS

Sep 4, 2019
I‘m so happy it’s not co-op (or multiplayer or an MMO) 🤣

Maybe i‘m old, but I think there’s a lot to be said for a computer game with a decent story that you can play, yourself, whenever you like, without having to rely on anyone else.
Ah but you misunderstand me. I'm not saying coop over or at the expensive of the sp experience, just as an option. WWZ for example is 4 player max but fine solo as it scales. Vermintide etc not so much. Which I'm less keen on.

TBH I'm surprised GW didnt do a butt ton of shooter type games 3rd and FPS RPG and MMO in the past the IP is crying out for it so I'm happy for anything at all really. Just as I said a wee bitty disappointed.

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Somehow I missed all of this but I did see the trailer on YouTube yesterday and it looked pretty good!

I nearly skipped it thinking it was for the other game.

Sadly I don’t own any of the systems it’s coming out on. Maybe if there’s a PC release I could try?

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Champion
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
I don't actually play that often anymore and I don't know if I can still follow, but my interest in the FPS Necromunda: Hired Gun is also getting bigger and bigger.

I really like what I've seen so far, most recently the Gameplay Overview trailer. The environment also seem very interesting and varied.

A great merchandising highlight would be if the hired gun bounty hunter with his cyber mastiff, the barmaid from Martyr's End, maybe some guests, arms dealer and a few others were also available as tabletop miniatures. Or how about a "Martyr's End Bar Brawl" game box and in 3D?

It would also be nice if there would be a Necromunda Objective Set at some point. For example with the machine at 0:15 in the Gameplay Overview Trailer, or the "Infernal Machine" from Underhive Wars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoof

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
The preview show a fighter running all over the battlefield, jumping and zip lining through the air. No pinning in this game? On tabletop, my minis tend to move 4" or laying on the ground. Strong contrast!

• Haha
Reactions: Jembo17

almic85

Cranky Git
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
The preview show a fighter running all over the battlefield, jumping and zip lining through the air. No pinning in this game? On tabletop, my minis tend to move 4" or laying on the ground. Strong contrast!
People don’t tend to like games where you have to slow down or die (with some notable exceptions).

It’s as if people that play video games don’t have the patience to sit down and commit two hours of their time to measure distances and roll dice.

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
People don’t tend to like games where you have to slow down or die (with some notable exceptions).

It’s as if people that play video games don’t have the patience to sit down and commit two hours of their time to measure distances and roll dice.
Maybe that's why I enjoyed Thief II: The Metal Age so much! A game that rewarded sitting still for 5 minutes, observing guard patrol patterns and planning the best route. :giggle:

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Pinning is effectivley the old Gears of War "take cover to heal" system isn't it? I think that's out of vogue with them young vidja-game developers. Eeee when I were a lad, y' had ti pick up them "health packs". Sometimes they came in Small and Large, and if y' were lucky, ye'd find one near a save point... *starts old timer ramblings*

I am also someone who likes a game that rewards taking time and being sneaky, such as Thief, some styles of playing Deus Ex, Dishonored etc. But then I'm also someone who will happily spend 2 hours measuring distance and rolling dice.

Reactions: almic85 and MedMos

Gunkaiser

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
As someone who longs for the return of the days of Quake and Rise of the Triad I'm pretty ok with the speed... now how that works with ADS I dunno, but my body is ready.

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Hero
Aug 16, 2017
I generally play slow-paced or turn-based games, but when it comes to shooters I like the action to be frenetic. Can't play such titles for long, but sometimes hyperconcentrating in a breakneck voxel-violence ballet is just the thing.

Wulfram Mors

May 13, 2018
Brooklyn, NY, USA
As someone who longs for the return of the days of Quake and Rise of the Triad I'm pretty ok with the speed... now how that works with ADS I dunno, but my body is ready.

You might consider checking out the indie scene then. Games like Dusk, Amid Evil, Ion Fury, and quite a few upcoming indie shooters are taking their inspiration from the 90's classics. If you don't mind Early Access, I can heartily recommend Ultrakill, which plays quite a bit with the formula but still offers that fast-paced action.

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I played an hour last night and really really loved its depiction of the world. That introduction to the first mission explaining how the Guilds hold the balance of power in the underhive is excellent, really capturing how the underhive can even work. The scope and scale of this underhive is stunning - especially compared to the more dreary Underhive Wars. The depiction of refractor fields is rather cool too - especially as like either in the Larkin story in Ghostmaker or the cultists in Sabbat Martyr - those with the fields are blurs of colour, hard to see.

And ...

Kal!

As for bugs & the like, nothing so far for me - it was smooth, fun and also a challenge!