Necromunda in Australia?

PEBB18

Ganger
Aug 7, 2018
Australia
Have been a long time INQ28, Inquisimunda, Confrontation, Mordheim and Necromunda fan but have never really been able to play any of these games. Let alone do some sort of campaign or narative style event.

So throwing it out there is anyone in Australia or better yet NSW (central coast/ Newcastle area) interested in planning an event in the near future?

chef0death

Ganger
Nov 8, 2017
Tamworth, Australia
Heaps in brisbane, @maxwellrpower ran yakday melbourne this year and theres a large gorkamorka following in melbourne. I have about a dozen mates in brisbane that i used to play necro and gorkamorka with.
Theres 2 games clubs here in Tamworth but they arent interested in Necromunda. Just me I think

Its a shame, id love to run a campaign. Its been years...

Reactions: maxwellrpower

Strobe

Ganger
Apr 27, 2015
I'm in Gosford and extremely interested in Necromunda. I've been quiet for the last little while as much of my gaming stuff is packed away as I'm building a house (not personally, but a house is being built for me) in Wyoming (the AU Wyoming).

Send me a PM if you're interested in meeting up.

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I had an N17 campaign going at my local club for a bit, but most people lost interest amazingly fast until it was just me and one other dude playing against each other every time, didn’t take long for me to lose interest too. I’d still be keen to play a proper campaign though, I kind of figured I’d wait until they release proper rules, I have no patience with this nonsense of having to balance rules from five different books.

In the mean time @Akiyama34, @Zeebogie, @Crowbarr and myself have been playing monthly games of Gorkamorka at House of War in Ringwood and I guess we might play some Necromunda in future, though it will likely be NCE or ORB. If anyone’s interested in any of that please let me know! We’d definitely be keen to hook up with more GoMo players asap and who knows what else we might get up to in future.

Reactions: Crowbarr

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Oh and also, although there’s no Yakday that I know of happening in Melbourne in September, I’d definitely be keen for Tribemeet AUS2019 in around March
(None of this really helps you North of the border chaps, but who knows, maybe some of you might be down here with some time to kill one day).

Reactions: chef0death

Strobe

Ganger
Apr 27, 2015
I'd probably be willing to zip down to Melbourne for a Tribemeet type thing.

I'm squarely in the NCE of things. Many of the people I play with left the GW in a sour way. We use whatever models we feel are appropriate and are quite casual about the whole thing.

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
Payneham Road, Payneham SA, Australia
Adelaide here, which doesn't help either, but similar deal as far as I can tell. My regular group isn't interested, so I have managed to squeeze out barely 4 games of N17 since release.
I'm in Adelaide, tend to play just amongst friends as I live in odd hours that don't align with gaming clubs easily. But happy to try to coordinate something with you sometime! We have 4 regular (weekly if we can) players, with a couple other occasionals.

Zae55

Ganger
Oct 16, 2016
Sydney
I'm in Sydney, trying to get a gaming group set up, working on getting gangs and terrain ready for N17. Have been playing original and NCE for years. Interested in Mordheim as well but secondary to N17. I've been 3D printing terrain and am fumbling my way through it. So far got two other regular players (3 including me), with another two semi regular. Just hard to get the stars and moons to align and all get together. Once everything is set up my plan is to go to the local Good Games store and play in the hope of attracting other people. Got a Goliath, Van Saar, Orlock, Escher player plus me (I'm building a Cawdor gang while waiting for Delaque and Ratskins! So 5 so far). There's a 6th but he isn't too fussed with sci fi stuff and prefers the ye olde settings.

Also am planning (though probably wont eventuate) trying to modify/update the GorkaMorka rules to be similar to the N17 changes while maintaining a lot of the original campaign flavour. Not sure how to incorporate vehicles into this though...

We're also playing Kings of War for our fill of rank and flank medieval madness.

Aug 26, 2018
Hillbank SA, Australia
I'm in Adelaide, tend to play just amongst friends as I live in odd hours that don't align with gaming clubs easily. But happy to try to coordinate something with you sometime! We have 4 regular (weekly if we can) players, with a couple other occasionals.
Hey that would be great, thanks Sethmerlin. I also have to juggle work and kids to make it work, but keen to try.

Reactions: Sethmerlin666

PEBB18

Ganger
Aug 7, 2018
Australia
I'm in Sydney, trying to get a gaming group set up, working on getting gangs and terrain ready for N17. Have been playing original and NCE for years. Interested in Mordheim as well but secondary to N17. I've been 3D printing terrain and am fumbling my way through it. So far got two other regular players (3 including me), with another two semi regular. Just hard to get the stars and moons to align and all get together. Once everything is set up my plan is to go to the local Good Games store and play in the hope of attracting other people. Got a Goliath, Van Saar, Orlock, Escher player plus me (I'm building a Cawdor gang while waiting for Delaque and Ratskins! So 5 so far). There's a 6th but he isn't too fussed with sci fi stuff and prefers the ye olde settings.

Also am planning (though probably wont eventuate) trying to modify/update the GorkaMorka rules to be similar to the N17 changes while maintaining a lot of the original campaign flavour. Not sure how to incorporate vehicles into this though...

We're also playing Kings of War for our fill of rank and flank medieval madness.
Would likely be interested for a game in Sydney, N17 or even Mordheim. Am working on my Goliath Esc gang atm. Also have you thought of trying to do something like these guys and many others have:

https://echoesofimperium.blog/
https://bigbossredskullz.com/category/vortapt-iv/

Thinking along the lines of Tor Megiddo, Age of Munda, Colossi of Rossum Secundus? Vehicles wise??

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
If you are ever down canberra way there’s a group of 4-5 of us that are up to our third turf war campaign.

I’ve thought about organising a one day tournament down here but until the last GW book came out I wasn’t sure how to create the ruleset for it.

Now I just need to drum up some interest from the locals.

Reactions: maxwellrpower