No permission to buy ($29.95)

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
nooker submitted a new resource:

Necromunda Omibus 2 - Fleshworks, Back From the Dead, Outlander, & Nathan Creed short stories

View attachment 402
The story
In the nightmare underworld of Necromunda, gangs clash in desperate battles to increase their standing with the decadent families who occupy the spire of their teeming hive city.

About the book
This omnibus edition includes three full novels as well as five short stories by Jonathan Green featuring the mysterious bounty hunter Nathan Creed and a novella by Simon Jowett.

• Fleshworks - Lucien...
Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:

nooker

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
Review - Fleshwork
I really liked this book. Delaque centric, so heavy on the spycraft. Despite this, it had the greatest representation of the other houses of any of the fiction so far. The only house that wasn't involved at all was Cawdor. Orlock were the main house after Delaque and their gang were the main antagonist. There was also a Goliath gang and Escher. Although there was no Van Saar gang, the house still played a big roll in the book and their workings were explored. My only disappointment was that the book ended like it was a first in a series. The story definitely ended, but it really felt like it was purposefully setting up for a sequel or series I have not read the last two books in the omnibus, but they don't look like part II & III.

Last edited:

nooker

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
Review - Back From the Dead
I liked this one a lot, despite the author obviously having no understanding about how the Hive Primus is laid out. He seemed to think it was like some sort of large high-rise or mall with an open center where you could see from the top to the bottom. Still the story is good. It might seem a bit clichéd in this age of zombie stories every two minutes, but Plague Zombies have long been a part of the Underhive lore that a story about them would have to be told. This is a good story about a fallen Enforcer on a quest of redemption. It's definitely got a zombie survival setting in it, but there is mystery and something of a hero quest there too. I thought the gangs encountered were well portrayed too. Goliath were encountered (sorta anyway) right in the beginning. A Orlock leader plays an important role throughout. A run in with Delaque goes poorly since our protagonists are allied with Orlocks. The Redemtionists are as nutty and fanatical as you'd hope. There's even a Guilder. And finally a special character from the book makes an appearance. So even though the setting wasn't portrayed correctly, the story is still good & the people were portrayed believably.

Last edited:

nooker

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
Review - Outlander
While I still gave this one a 4 because it's Necromunda, it is probably the weakest of the series. It did have an interesting concept/formula, but it was poorly executed with a rather predictable plot. What I did like is how it examined one house and despite it's protestations that it was a holy group (Cawdor) it really was just a bunch of thugs collecting protection money and sinning just as much as the rest of us. It had echos of Eastern Promises, which is odd as that movie came out after this book was published. Lastly, this book proves that GW has no idea what a Hive looks like as it gives yet another very different description. I did like how the Ash Wastes seemed to be seeping into the hive (and I don't care if the author thought that they were actually wholly inside the hive, I'm just going to assume that he didn't think that way and be happier for it.)

Last edited:

nooker

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
Review - Bad Spirit
First Nathan Creed story! Also, the first story that featured Van Saar! Fun story with a nice 40k style monster. Ratskins are in this one too.

Last edited:

nooker

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
Review - Mama's Boys
Another Nathan Creed. This time he's hunting a Scavvy gang. Very much an inbred family of degenerates. Kinda made me think of "The X Files: Home" although there was nothing overt in the story to imply this was how things were, just a feeling.

Last edited:

nooker

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
Review - Boyz in the Hive
Nathan Creed is tasked with tracking down and capturing a Ork that got loose in the Underhive for a medic. It goes about as expected. Fun read.

nooker

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
Review - Firestarter
Nathan Creed protects a doc from a pyrotechnic wyrd. Lots of interesting things done with the fire powers, but what is really interesting is how he got them and why he's so pissed.

Reactions: Malo

nooker

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
Review - Bad Medicine
A true spaghetti western on Necromunda. The best Nathan Creed story in the series. Only disappointment is that it seem end with a set up for a continuing story.

Reactions: Llewy

nooker

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
Review - Descent
While the lack of concern by the Inquisition about the use of alien tech was weird (spyers) and the fact that this is yet another descent from the spire to the underhive story it was still pretty awesome. A fascinating look at Archeotech and what it can do. I do think it would make for an awesome story arc a campaign.