Necromunda Slipcase Edition 2018

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
I don't kid myself that all yakkers read this and admitted to slime crawling and buying from the great satan GW....

BUT, if yakkers accounted for 4 of the 1200, there are 0.33% accounted for. I don't know how many yaktribe registrations are active, but that means if 1 out of every 300 Necromunda fans are on yaktribe, The mods of the site could use this as a +/-50% error estimate of how many Necromunda fans are worldwide?

Callidusx3

Juve
Jun 23, 2018
Miami, Florida, USA
I am a No, as I hate paying for the same thing twice.

Any consensus on how feasible it is to rebound the original N17 rulebook and the Gang War books to make something approximating the new book. Thinking about doing this.

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
Any consensus on how feasible it is to rebound the original N17 rulebook and the Gang War books to make something approximating the new book. Thinking about doing this.
Cash solves most things. First comes to mind is to get the certain glue and a clamp/press. Then I think a simple 3-ring binder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Callidusx3

Callidusx3

Juve
Jun 23, 2018
Miami, Florida, USA
Thanks gents for the quick replies. Yet I wasn’t referring to the physical ability to create a consolidated book. Rather I wanted to know if I could create a logical, flowing rulebook from the pages of these books and whether one has all one needs (keeping the FAQ / errata in mind) to construct a book that has all that is in the newly-released rulebooks.

Thanks

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
If you were going to try to place corrected entries next to the errors, you may need a scissors the achieve that, print on one side only right? I printed the NCE and OCE at Staples, the cheapest I could find and it was $22. A Binder is $5-10, dividers maybe, you are close to $30-35.

If you cut up the orginals the bottom line looks better but they are two sided, you will loose some text.

People do it all the time I think, I have several times. 40K 2nd ed printed on double wide pages both sides, hole punched. Also had some 1st ed copies in it, I can't tell really. Since then I have picked up the real books on eBitch but at about $3 each. Time heals. :)

Reactions: Callidusx3

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
From what we have seen, and contrary to what GW wants you to believe, this rulebook is a complete rewrite of the previous books. Some changes may qualify as genuine 'clarifications' or minor adjustments but a lot of stuff doesn't (some traits have been changed completely) and some is exclusive to the new rulebooks (you won't find rules for the Delaque pet and brute anywhere else, for instance).

To put it bluntly, if you take the latest version for every rule from the existing books and rearrange them in the same order as the new rulebooks, I'm pretty sure that there won't be a single page that won't need to be errated. And even then, you will still be missing stuff.

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
From what we have seen, and contrary to what GW wants you to believe, this rulebook is a complete rewrite of the previous books. Some changes may qualify as genuine 'clarifications' or minor adjustments but a lot of stuff doesn't (some traits have been changed completely) and some is exclusive to the new rulebooks (you won't find rules for the Delaque pet and brute anywhere else, for instance).

To put it bluntly, if you take the latest version for every rule from the existing books and rearrange them in the same order as the new rulebooks, I'm pretty sure that there won't be a single page that won't need to be errated. And even then, you will still be missing stuff.
Well said.

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
And this is why I didn’t buy any of the Gang War stuff.

I had a feeling it was gonna be contradictory/crap and they’d eventually release a compendium.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
That's a lot of sleeves, do you have a lot of armies to keep in them? :D
nope, just gangs. I've only done it with Necromunda books. and I sold off most of my armies years ago. but I do have a lot of gangs.

(edit: not sure if that's some sort of colloquialism and I missed the joke?)

edit deux: @Callidusx3 instead of cutting up and glueing what would have to be at least two copies of the originals, wouldn't it be easier to scan them and then cut and paste in a computer?

Last edited:

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
OK now, if the revised new edition rulebook is as screwed up, and no one buys it after initial online reviews, how will the resale value look in 15 years? Since I never played or tested any of the new games, I can objectively say they all read equally puzzling. But if you look at all the yaks, the bellyaching list is pretty steadily bellyaching. BUT, look at the games that are played and reflected on this site, and the questions about the rules, there are a lot of people happily playing along with RAW. (I just learned that acronym... :) ) Are the authors for the N17 and N18 rulebooks the same?? If so, I would expect only a better issue of the game.

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
At this point I remain unconvinced that N17 is worth playing... I will investigate further through the new compendiums if they get good reviews. And otherwise, tell people locally to collect the shiny new models if they interest them, and with a little 'counts as' play some NCE.
Hmmm... the nice new toys are certainly great for finding easily accessible gangs but some, like Goliaths, will leave a new player sorely lacking in any weapons to actually use in ORB/NCE games as they have loads of N17 kit only.

I do think a YakHWL for NCE transposing these new weapons into the old game as a totally separate and optional add on sheet is a good idea solely because it allows players to buy the new plastic crack and use it in the older game. But I would make it HWL only and none of that stuff actually appearing in the older rules so we can :
  1. Keep a distinction between both old and new game systems.
  2. Not get sued by Games Workshop.
  3. Just provide a minimal amount of compatibility for people with newer models to use as WYSIWYG.
I might do this... write up a test CHWL. I'm keen on the idea... mostly because it does allow me to use the damn model in both systems too! If anyone wants to help I think I might start a thread in the appropriate place. Might be after Christmas though.

All the Kool Kids are Hanging in da sump getting sumpy about each others pronunciation to be exact
Nah, someone leant on the syphon pump switch and we were all sucked though the pipes into a new threa... err... pool.

I am a No, as I hate paying for the same thing twice.

I would say "put down the clippers". :D

Seriously it's not worth the hassle. Just don't do anything silly like getting the unofficial compilation PDF and having it nicely printed out and spiral bound,or even waiting for it to have any additions added from the Delaque WD pamphlet or the new compilation and then cutting the front and back covers off of the Underhive rulebook and having them accidentally bound into that PDF as actual front and back covers.

Because we frown on that sort of terrible behaviour! Its bad, wrong and downright naughty.

:whistle:

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Are the authors for the N17 and N18 rulebooks the same??
Not completely.
From what I understand, Necromunda: Underhive, Gang War and Gang War 2 were the last books written by James Hewitt before he left GW.
From Gang War 3 onwards, the books were written by Jonathan Taylor-Yorke, who is also responsible for the new compiled rulebook.
And Andy Hoare supervised everything.

Speaking of pdf, not that I'm suggesting anything heretical, but you guys do realize what having the rulebooks as an official e-pub entails, right? :whistle:

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I have bought the new books, but from @chitching rather than from GW... that way I got a discount... or rather, I got some delaque dice thrown. So the choice for me was, would I rather support a fellow yakkers store, and get some dice, or pay GW direct and get a sleeve.... no brainer I think you'll find.