Necromunda Slipcase Edition 2018

Howks

Ganger
Feb 25, 2016
Manchester, UK
I am dubious about the new slipcase rulebook because... what about all those people who purchased the rules from the box set, then every other gangwar... and then finally a white dwarf for the delaque rules.. can we trade those back in for the slipcase version? ALSO.. what is up with the horrid background to all the text.. it doesnt matter which version you have it is still horrible to read sadly :(

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
I am dubious about the new slipcase rulebook because... what about all those people who purchased the rules from the box set, then every other gangwar... and then finally a white dwarf for the delaque rules.. can we trade those back in for the slipcase version? ALSO.. what is up with the horrid background to all the text.. it doesnt matter which version you have it is still horrible to read sadly :(
That is Games Workshop. I wonder if the illegible text would qualify as a violation of the equal rights amendments here in the states? I mean do their products work for the visually impaired? (That's me, just look at my models....) :)

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
That is Games Workshop. I wonder if the illegible text would qualify as a violation of the equal rights amendments here in the states? I mean do their products work for the visually impaired? (That's me, just look at my models....) :)
If you are asking can blind people read a book the answer is probably not, but there are quite a few visual impairments of varying degrees that could be affected in different ways.

Generally though if you’re long sighted you will need your reading glasses to read this book because of the lack of contrast. If you are really struggling with the lack of contrast you might actually need your eyes tested.

Colourblind people (like me) won’t really be affected by the black text on grey background as it’s just closer to what we normally see.

There may be a few other different conditions that make it specifically harder to see the contrast but I would warrant most issues could be cleaned up with reading glasses.

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
If you are asking can blind people read a book the answer is probably not, but there are quite a few visual impairments of varying degrees that could be affected in different ways.

Generally though if you’re long sighted you will need your reading glasses to read this book because of the lack of contrast. If you are really struggling with the lack of contrast you might actually need your eyes tested.

Colourblind people (like me) won’t really be affected by the black text on grey background as it’s just closer to what we normally see.

There may be a few other different conditions that make it specifically harder to see the contrast but I would warrant most issues could be cleaned up with reading glasses.
I shouldn't complain, I just bought: white primer, flat black, light grey, dark grey, and chrome silver rattle cans. My theory is that the colourful models will really stand out on drab background. Except for the dull red of hot metal, molten slag, and blood of heretics. Always being pleasant about it of course. :)

Reactions: almic85

Chivers7

Ganger
Oct 22, 2017
Hampshire, UK
I got one too (so 6?)

Running the local campaign, felt it was needed so may as well get the snazzy one.

GW got rid of the writing credits cause of the abuse Matt Ward was getting. I can forgive them for that one, even today the guy gets abuse of people who weren’t even playing the game then.

But I picked it up, looking forwards to seeing the changes on Saturday.
Make it 7 (my lucky number!) I finally caved and got my LGS to order it in for me like they did with the gang leaders pack.

Reactions: SumpRat and Kitcar

DArquebus

Ganger
Aug 7, 2012
Sydney, Oz
FB tells me some have experienced issues with glue leaking onto pages from the binding.... any purchasers with the booksin hand had an issue?

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
I strangely enough noticed some glue on the outside of the book on the spine, not seen any glue on pages yet.

Reactions: Kitcar

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
GW decided in their infinite wisdom to only deliver one slipcase to my LGS instead of the two that they ordered.

As a result I still don't have the new rules but everyone else in my campaign does.

It would be less frustrating if I wasn't the arbitrator of the campaign and wasn't seeing questions pop up about how the new rules interact.