Update Necromunda Tools Upgrade

Ryu_ookami

Jan 16, 2016
maryport
I've had a couple of reports. Just tried on my wife's phone under her account and it seemed to work fine.

You folks are typing in a name right?
yep tried a couple of times even tried different gangs nothing I deleted all my old gangs and that worked its literally just creating a new gang. no matter what I do it won't work.

RobStrachan

Gang Hero
Tribe Council
Nov 4, 2013
Tokyo
Sorry, where can you get the tools section? I can only find my gangs if I click on my name first.

p0dde

Gang Champion
Yak Philanthropist
Mar 2, 2016
Copenhagen, Denmark

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
I'm guessing you know this @Malo but campaign pages are not redirecting. I expect this will cause some frustrations for a lot of people as campaign URLs are bookmarked and shared on Facebook etc...
Various redirections should now be working correctly. If you notice any going to the wrong place, please advise. Thanks @Fold!

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
On the navigation - I think what's wrong is there is no way of reaching the tools from the navigation when you're on the forum or homepage. Why not include some links there alongside the community, articles, vault etc? I'm sure there used to be a link to the gaming/tools section. Otherwise you have to go to the home page and then scroll a long way to hopefully see the Necromunda tools link. With all these great tools I'd just think you'd want to promote them more and make them easier to find instead of hiding them away! Wasn't it one of if not the top reasons people come here?
You're absolutely right. I've added Necromunda Tools to the side menu on the main site. That's fine for now but I want to keep the side menu concise. New tools will be coming in short order, including N17, Shadow War and finished versions of the Mordheim and GorkaMorka tools. I could add a "Tools" menu item that expands to list all the tools as they are added once we're past 1 only currently. And on the forums (with the current theme) add a Tools top menu with them listed.

Then when you get to the Necromunda tools page, granted there is a link in the pop out menu to your campaigns but would it make sense to list your campaigns on the tools homepage (and have your gangs higher up the page) as well? I don't have the data, but I'd imagine getting to your current campaigns and gangs is the most popular action from here - certainly more important than starting a new campaign or gang, or looking at some somewhat random community posts or other peoples gangs.
My goal for the tools homepage was to make it easy for newcomers and also add some other interesting data like the latest Necromunda discussion and highlight some community gangs recently created. I've tried to make this ancillary data appear after the more relevant links to their gangs etc and on desktop and tablet it's ok. Mobile could probably use some better layout for what sections appear when.

Perhaps instead of latest 5 gangs, the last 3 and also add in latest Campaigns for quick call-to-action?

On the campaigN page, the point still stands - I think showing the gangs first is more important, and while you're at it, maybe the style of the more concise gang list from the campaignS page is nicer than the blocky white version?
I'll take a look at this, thanks!

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Loving the new site so far @Malo! Fantastic job (y) One thing I'd like to point out though is that on my Pit Slaves list the Hammer and Chainsaw Pit Slave weapons aren't showing up on their reference sheet, this is actually a glitch carrying over from the old site.

EDIT: Also Buzz Saw

Last edited:
Reactions: spafe and Malo

Hagbard

Juve
Nov 22, 2017
Sweden
Hi Sorry if this was mentioned previously but I couldnt find anything when I searched.
When editing my Escher gang, I get directed to a 404 error page. Added a Bounty Hunter and could edit his equipment

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Hi Sorry if this was mentioned previously but I couldnt find anything when I searched.
When editing my Escher gang, I get directed to a 404 error page. Added a Bounty Hunter and could edit his equipment
The issue is actually due to the minimum characters for names and some URL rewrite stuff I'd rather not change. Minimum length wasn't being enforced when creating gangers and is now in place so minimum 3 characters is required. I've updated your ganger names to reach the minimum length and they're now working correctly.

edit: I'll need to support 1 character names so I'll try to adjust the regex since there's a lot of entries with 1 or 2 characters.

Last edited:

Hagbard

Juve
Nov 22, 2017
Sweden
The issue is actually due to the minimum characters for names and some URL rewrite stuff I'd rather not change. Minimum length wasn't being enforced when creating gangers and is now in place so minimum 3 characters is required. I've updated your ganger names to reach the minimum length and they're now working correctly.

edit: I'll need to support 1 character names so I'll try to adjust the regex since there's a lot of entries with 1 or 2 characters.
Thanks for replying so quickly! Will fix