Necromunda - Vassal Module

Apr 7, 2013
Hello

I did a necromunda vassal module, and I need help in order to test it. My idea is fight a gang battle to watch everythings work fine.

I need a volunteer. Somebody?

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Could you elaborate on what you've created and exactly what you're asking of members here? You want them to playtest a scenario you've created?

Sharkforce

Gang Hero
Jul 23, 2012
Headed for the Eye of Terror
i don't know a ton about vassal, but my understanding is that it's some sort of online shared 3d program. basically, if you create a few 3d models of buildings, and some 3d models of people, you can use the tools provided in a 3d design program to move your line of sight to various places, etc...

in other words, it could let you play necromunda in a virtual environment.

that said, i could've swore i'd heard something about a necromunda version of vassal not being possible due to IP laws.

Apr 7, 2013
Yes, sorry, some links:

http://www.vassalengine.org/

It is a virtual table to play Necromunda.
I did scenary, miniatures etc... but you need GW rulebooks in order to play. It shouldnt cause problems with IP laws, Moreover, I want use it for personal use or some small campaign with necromunda fans.

I need test if all work fine doing battle with betatesters.

I will upload some image tomorrow.

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Supporter
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
I would but I don't have a proper computer to play on! Mines in pieces in the loft! Looks good what you've done though, I reckon there'll be someone on here who could help but just haven't seen this post. It would be a shame for your hard work to go to waste!

Apr 7, 2013
Ok, np mates.

If u know somebody wants try, advise me plz.

However, I think if nobody wants testing, nobody will play a campaign.

Apr 7, 2013
Ok, Chitching and Garandras, I will send u a pm this week with download link. Plz, you have ready a basic gang for testing.

chitching said:
I dabble with 3D (3DsMax is what I use for uni). How do you work the multi level areas? do you manually move a camera to gain LOS?
Multilevel areas work with bottons. If you can watch previus image, in map, you have a botton for each level: Level 1, Level 2, etc... Vassal dont let real 3d :(

Last edited by a moderator:

chitching

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Sep 12, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
Just had a test game there, 2v2, once you get the hang of it, and it doesn't take long, you can have a good game! I can see campaigns being played across the world now ;)

Just have to figure out how to put my own buildings and stuff into it, then Cardy is getting his Cawdor done in ;)

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Supporter
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
chitching said:
then Cardy is getting his Cawdor done in ;)
Get to the foot of the stairs young un, rob has done the hard job of getting rid of Lanegan, but good auld Fred West will dismantle your entire gang with his insane chainsword of death.