Need help identifying a couple of paints

Raven Morpheus

Gang Champion
Nov 19, 2017
Earth
Hi all

I'm trying to work out what paints I used for a couple of models "back in the day", we're talking mid-late 90s to early 00s, and the paints would have been Citadel and more than likely the hard plastic hex pots (the clear ones with the black screw top).

So, first up, I'm trying to work out what blues I used on my Eldar Avatar's sword, I don't think I mixed paints to get that blue that is the base colour -

And the other one is the blue I used as the base colour on Ezekiel's power armour -
dark-angels-jpg.jpg

Anyone here want to hazard a guess and help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Raven Morpheus

Gang Champion
Nov 19, 2017
Earth
Yeah, I'm thinking that as well, certainly on Ezekiel. I'm guessing I used Citadel Lightning Blue, which at the time was more like the current Citadel Lothern Blue or Vallejo Game Electric Blue, for the edge highlights on the Avatars sword, and that's what's throwing me on the base colour for that.

Thanks though, much appreciated.

I've got plans to finish off a Terminator Librarian and I've been looking for a brighter than Ultramarine blue scheme to use, because I recall seeing a "how to paint Librarians" in a White Dwarf or something back in the late 90s/early 00s. and they used something other than their standard Ultramarines scheme to make the blue power armour brighter, think they even wrote a "fluff" reason for it being a brighter blue. Hence why my Ezekiel isn't the usual Ultramarine blue...

Darned if I can find the article though.