New BSF audiobooks

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Looks like the novel just got an audio release and the 'augur of despair' series. The Ambull short is ok. Covers quite a bit and leads me to believe they wanted to include no respite/nurgle from the beginning.

Anyone else checking these out?
Wish i knew how to convert audible files to something more palatable

Also hopeful with these late releases we will see more BSF stuff before Ascension.

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Oh yeah Black Stone Fortress.
I live in a word of acronyms. Deal with a lot of governmental agencies. Everything has at least 1 acronym.

True story FEMA ( Federal Emergency Management Agency ) has a published book on Ancronyme and Abbreviations. It's called the FAAT ( FEMA Abreviations, Acronyms and Terms ) book and it's over 80 pages. Strictly an index of Acronyms and what it stands for. nothing else.

'Augur of Despair" Audio drama is a bit meh so far. It has the 'new' explorers from Escalation. First line they do acknowledge the Rogue Traders 'Peg Leg' Can be problematic getting stuck in grating of the space fortress.

reference image below.

neyam-shai-murad-rogue-trader.jpg

Gunkaiser

Gang Hero
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
I quite liked them... Definitely had a bit of a Rendezvous with Rama feel to it. Digging Taddeus being unhinged but flexible.

Bit sad to see Draik be standard inflexible Imperial, but I suppose he gets better.