New Delaque Gang

A good start. 9 is the right number of gang members and I love auto pistils with Juves.

I'd consider jigging things around so your Heavy with the Stubber has a back up weapon. These things run out of ammo pretty quickly and pretty regularly. Maybe drop the Mesh armour on your Leader.

Otherwise a good choice of weapons there. As I said I love Auto Pistols ... and Shotguns!

= )

I notice that the lasgun gangers have laspistol backups. I'd drop those. The chances of a lasgun running out of ammo are slim, and they won't get a bonus in hand-to-hand anyways, seeing as they're carrying a basic weapon.

Reactions: Deor42
A good start. 9 is the right number of gang members and I love auto pistils with Juves.

I'd consider jigging things around so your Heavy with the Stubber has a back up weapon. These things run out of ammo pretty quickly and pretty regularly. Maybe drop the Mesh armour on your Leader.

Otherwise a good choice of weapons there. As I said I love Auto Pistols ... and Shotguns!

= )
Thanks mate, thought id given him a backup! Someone also pointed out that he is ganger and not a heavy. A few bits to fix!

Reactions: draakeragon
I notice that the lasgun gangers have laspistol backups. I'd drop those. The chances of a lasgun running out of ammo are slim, and they won't get a bonus in hand-to-hand anyways, seeing as they're carrying a basic weapon.
Ah great point! that will save some cash to fix my other mistakes ;)

Also - are you playing with the Community Edition of the rules? If so - I'd go with a Hunting Rifle as the Heavy Stubber's backup. He will probably be a bit away from the action when (not if) he runs out of ammo, and the increased range on the Hunting Rifle compared with the other basic weapons will be helpful for keeping him in the game.

You may want to swap the Shotgun ammo from Hot Shot over to Man Stopper. You'll lose the catch fire on a 5+, but you'll up your ammo roll to 4+ and have no minus at long rang (and let's face it ... 18" ain't that long). Man Stopper and Scatter are my go-to rounds for the shotgun.

Final thoughts:

Only gangers (that didn't go Out Of Action) can work territories in the post-battle sequence. You start off with five territories, but your gang only has three gangers. This makes you a bit vulnerable for the first few games (until those juves becomes gangers). Perhaps something to think about...

Reactions: Deor42
Good point. Maybe try to scrounge 25 creds somewhere and upgrade a Juve to a Ganger.

Is nine guys not a bit small. I usially like 11 if I can make it. Makes the forces bottle roll that little further away. My current gang is starting at ten but only because I only have 10 goliaths.

I agree. With 9 Gang Members you're at the upper limit of the income bracket, and you take Bottle Tests on 3 figures down. I normally take 1 Leader, 1 Heavy, 2 Juves and 5 Gangers

10 - 12 Gang members would give you a Bottle Test on 4 figures down, but it means you get 10 Credits less income each turn, which is a big deal early on.