New edition 2020

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
It's the Snotlings I'm most interested in, but I'm guessing now that they won't come until after the new edition, since they don't have current rules and it would be a waste of effort to release BB2016 rules for them shortly before making them obsolete.
Ok, looks like I was wrong:

Still seems odd to release a new team via Spike! so close to the new 2020 edition, but perhaps they had been intended for earlier before Covid delayed things.

Reactions: TopsyKretts

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
I've not read the leaked rules, but I'm guessing you can still hand off even if you can't pass.
Not 100% sure, but think everyone can hand-off yes, and even without PA stat (-), they can make inaccurate (failed) pass?

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
no more chorfs?!?!?!?!?! hmm....

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
I’m trying my hardest to not put my cynic head on, but I wouldn’t be shocked if the powers that be weren’t trying to work out how to copyright the word football! (Or even human!?!)

“hey, have you seen the new set? Orruks vs Hyumans!”

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
For anyone who wants 2016 Snotling rules, but doesn't want to buy Spike! for them (with a new edition soon):

Giving the Fungus Flinga access to Passing skills on a normal roll was probably a mistake.* Far too easy to get HMP now.

*By which I don't mean that they didn't intend it, but that they shouldn't have intended it.

Last edited:

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Bad news is Khemri Blitzer got A on both single and double.

Most teams can fairly easy be converted from BB2016 to BB2020, also the teams GW no longer supports.

Was surprised to see chorfs got an extra crazy mino.

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
It may be reasonable but the only new content is the plastic minis (teams), the special play cards and rules. Pitch and tokens looks to be the same. The rules were leaked half a year ago. The special play cards could be new or just reprint with minor changes to the old ones (all previous cards are junk now).

I would get it too if I didn't have the previous one AND if I was able to accept a new edition every 4 years without completing the previous edition.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I did buy one of the Deathzone books, but I never bought the 2016 version. I may well have been tempted by some of the teams, except for the fact the new scale doesn't fit my existing teams and boards, so I largely ignored it.

I suppose the 2020 edition is good value based on the separate RRP, but I really don't know whether I'd get much play out of it and I'm not keen on most of the models either. The imperial nobility might be cool for Inq28 conversions or something, but they look nothing like a sports team. I would quite like the Black Orcs (also for conversion potential) but, other than that, I prefer the 2016 models.