N18 New enforcers (not so) theory hammer

Howie

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Nov 27, 2017
Uk
Don't you need two patrolmen of the same sort as the captain - in other words two subjugator patrolmen for this to be legal? In that case it shouldn't be an issue to get a melee option to support the captain.
Good catch, will swap two of them around.

Last edited:
Reactions: TabulaRasa

Howie

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Nov 27, 2017
Uk
Enforcers have easy access to stim slugs as well if you really want to push the needle on your melee
That's definitely on the cards!

So change of plans and two potential starting rosters:

Bat 'n Board!

Lots of templates, two shield/baton dudes, but only 1 str 4 ranged weapon. The goal would be to add krak grenades on the nade launcher Sergeant asap and get some more Patrolmen with bolters/sniper. Might be too risky?

Subjugator Captain
Stub Gun, Armored undersuit, Layered Flak Armor, Shock Stave, Vigilance Assault Shield
=215

Subjugator Sergeant
Stub Gun, Armored undersuit, Layered Flak Armor, Grenade Launcher
=160

Palanite Sergeant
Stub Gun, Armored undersuit, Flak Armor, Boltgun
=150

Subjugator Patrolman
Stub Gun, Armored undersuit, Layered Flak Armor, Shock Stave, Vigilance Assault Shield
=145

Subjugator Patrolman
=130

Palanite Patrolman
Stub Gun, Armored undersuit, Flak Armor, Concussion Carbine
=100

Palanite Patrolman
=100

=1000

Hitting Power!

I suspect will be better/safer - starts with krak, plenty of str 4 and templates - but not as fun (distinct lack of shield guys).

Palanite Captain
Stub Gun, Armored undersuit, Flak Armor, Shotgun
=200

Subjugator Sergeant
Stub Gun, Armored undersuit, Layered Flak Armor, Grenade Launcher + Krak Grenades
=195

Subjugator Sergeant
=160

Palanite Patrolman
=120

Palanite Patrolman
=120

Palanite Patrolman
Stub Gun, Armored undersuit, Flak Armor, Sniper Rifle
=105

Palanite Patrolman
=100

=1000

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Petitioner's City

TabulaRasa

Gang Hero
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
I would go with what is fun and hope that the rest of my gaming group do the same. The first list is by no means weak - you do have quite a lot of templates! And with the right skills whits will be great against most things that tries to close with you. Your issue will probably be against gun lines or gangs with a powerful heavy weapon that can threaten you from the backline. Considering this I might sacrifice your bolter sergeant for a sniper with overwatch and infra sight. It might not be the best option in every scenario but is one thing that will help the enforcers to tackle threats that they lack other tools for. Against most regular guns you'll be reasonably safe just by having decent armour and the concussion rifles will be a good defence against most CC.

Last edited:

Howie

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Nov 27, 2017
Uk
I would go with what is fun and hope that the rest of my gaming group do the same. The first list is by no means weak - you do have quite a lot of templates! And with the right skills whits will be great against most things that tries to close with you. Your issue will probably be against gun lines or gangs with a powerful heavy weapon that can threaten you from the backline. Considering this I might sacrifice your bolter sergeant for a sniper with overwatch and infra sight. It might not be the best option in every scenario but is one thing that will help the enforcers to tackle threats that they lack other tools for. Against most regular guns you'll be reasonably safe just by having decent armour and the concussion rifles will be a good defence against most CC.
Fair points. Dropping the bolter for a sniper and saving for infrasight would be cool and I like the idea of locking down enemy heavies. I did try to fit a sniper in btw, but it wasn't doable without dropping a guy. It would be a little odd not having a single bolter in the list tho!

What kind of split will you have between playing games on ZM/SM terrain in your campaign?
Any campaign/skirmishes will be mostly SM.

Reactions: TabulaRasa

TabulaRasa

Gang Hero
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
Go with what you think is fun! And who's to say that concussion rifles, snipers and grenade launchers isn't more 'correct' than boltguns!

Reactions: Howie

Roflgon

Juve
Mar 21, 2018
Saxmundham, UK
Quick Question Fellas,
Rookies, costing zero,
So is a palantine group of 1 leader, 2 Sergents, 4 Patrolmen and 2 Rookies Legal as a starting group?
Unless i missed something, the books mention you get a free Rookie on an enforcer death, but can you hire them to start with? and does your free Rookie allow you to go over the normal limitations.

(I will admit, i skim read the book, so no doubt missed something, apologies if its right there!)

Glyn

Heckin Provost
Nov 27, 2017
London, UK
Any campaign/skirmishes will be mostly SM.
Cool, thanks! I now understand how much effective shooting range played into the choices you have been making in your lists. I had assumed as much but wanted to be sure.

Do you already know the other gangs you'll be facing?

Reactions: Howie

Glyn

Heckin Provost
Nov 27, 2017
London, UK
Quick Question Fellas,
Rookies, costing zero,
So is a palantine group of 1 leader, 2 Sergents, 4 Patrolmen and 2 Rookies Legal as a starting group?
Unless i missed something, the books mention you get a free Rookie on an enforcer death, but can you hire them to start with? and does your free Rookie allow you to go over the normal limitations.

(I will admit, i skim read the book, so no doubt missed something, apologies if its right there!)
Quick question: Quick answer.

No.

Rookies only join your gang in the example you stated.

Howie

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Nov 27, 2017
Uk
Cool, thanks! I now understand how much effective shooting range played into the choices you have been making in your lists. I had assumed as much but wanted to be sure.

Yeah, shooty seems to be the way to go! But I like the shields :)

Do you already know the other gangs you'll be facing?
At the moment only one - likely Goliath. But who knows what the future brings?! Painting for both lists might be the way to go - what each lacks the other makes up for, so upgrade paths for both would be ready and i'd have a choice of starting roster focus depending on the campaign/opponents.

Last edited:

Howie

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Nov 27, 2017
Uk
//still getting used to how these comments work

It would be amusing watching being being bounced all over the place!

TabulaRasa

Gang Hero
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
I think that an assault ram might also be an interesting option. Since it is only firing blasts there isn't any real big deal that BS is not that great and a subjugator sergeant with hip shooting would still be able to keep up with the rest of the CC elements.

Merzbau

Gang Champion
Nov 9, 2018
Philadelphia
is there a mechanic for buying territory
We're allowing our Enforcer player to attempt to sell territory with the Grant Territory action, provided that a) he can negotiate a deal, whether public or private, before or after a game, and b) it takes place immediately- he can't sit on a Territory and sell it later, as that would be in direct contravention of the main rulebook stating that Territories can only change hands as the result of a game or in return for a Captive.

I was worried that this would turn the game into Monopoly to some extent, but (in another instance of having to clean up FW's messes) we're letting him take income (but no other boons) from Territories as well, so this isn't his sole income stream.

Merzbau

Gang Champion
Nov 9, 2018
Philadelphia
Funny. I thought having a weapon with both Seismic and Blast would definitely close the existing debate about Seismic but it looks like it creates more debate instead.
To me, it's clear now that Seismic was never supposed to pin missed targets and all it does is ignore Nerves of steel and the like.

I've Ctr+Fed the existing books, and there is a Scavenge (Double) action that already exists. However, it's tied to the a Badzone event (Old Cache) and doesn't give the gang equipment directly (it can merely creates a loot casket), so I'm guessing that's not what they are referring to. Either it's an upcoming mechanics or it refers to an existing one under a different name.
I believe the pre-release Twitch stream referred to Scavenge as a hint of future releases, along with the Savagery skill tree.

Dane Axe

Juve
Jan 28, 2018
Texas
So I can't back this up, but a GW employee said that rather than getting a FW weapon kit, Subjugators are getting an entire kit with unique sculpts. Anyone heard about this?