Necromunda New Forgeworld heads for most gangs

Chivers7

Ganger
Oct 22, 2017
Hampshire, UK
Overall I’m a big fan of most of these alternate heads, especially the Escher and Cawdor ones. The Cawdor heads look like they’d easily lend themselves to som chaos cultist conversions too.

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
I like the Cawdor heads; they evoke more of the old-style minis, with the face masks and hoods. I'm now hoping for bodies that bring back the old Cawdor aesthetic, to round it off (I have a feeling that cries of "why can't we have old-style Cawdor minis" has filtered through in some manner).

Most of the heads across the gangs look atrocious on first viewing, but I get that:

Some of them are meant to model head/eye injuries with bionic replacements, which is nice, I guess.
A lot of the new heads have gas masks, particularly Goliath (11/13 heads!); this is probably because people can pick up gas masks pretty easy and/or need to buy them when playing against Escher gangs.
They're not painted, and when on the bodies some of the heads look better (even unpainted), so perhaps they need a paint job.

The Orlock gas mask heads should have, I think, been more in line with the Van Saar heads (and I'd consider buying VS gas mask heads for an Orlock gang).

I can't help but think of the third party heads that look a lot like these heads already, though.

Jun 15, 2014
Almeria, Spain
Nice, really a surprise but nice models and quite useful for conversions outside necro. The latest GW plastic kits use to have very "calmed" facial expressions and this angry ones are a nice addition.

But I keep not understanding the release planing. Still not showed Delaque upgrades and a ton of already shown models not released.

COLBOURNE

Ganger
Apr 3, 2018
Vienna, Austria
Some nice heads here... and some meh!

I like the scarred Escher heads and the one with the metal plates added - that could be good to represent wounds. Love the Cawdor ones as well. the Goliath are....OK. Wish they had done a few more without masks. will still probably get some though...

Reactions: Paupoi and Chivers7

SumpRat

Gang Champion
Apr 23, 2013
Seems like the ones we saw were just a preview!

I got over excited, Goliath have a second, so here’s hoping everyone else does too eventually!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chivers7

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Supporter
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
Looks like I’ll be needing another twenty Goliaths then lol!
I think I’ll hang on before using most of these heads I think, particularly for the Goliaths. I have a feeling there’ll be some bionic upgrades at some point, so I’ll probably be waiting so I’m not ending up with armies of gangers. Though that being said, armies of gangers does sound pretty awesome....
Those Goliath sculpts though... joyyyyyyy!

SumpRat

Gang Champion
Apr 23, 2013
Looks like I’ll be needing another twenty Goliaths then lol!
I think I’ll hang on before using most of these heads I think, particularly for the Goliaths. I have a feeling there’ll be some bionic upgrades at some point, so I’ll probably be waiting so I’m not ending up with armies of gangers. Though that being said, armies of gangers does sound pretty awesome....
Those Goliath sculpts though... joyyyyyyy!
I’m with you on that one. Debating another box, an upgrade sprue and the new heads.

Now to figure out which upgrade sprue...