New from GAMA Trade Show

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Some news has been unveiled for Necromunda, Blood Bowl and Kill Team:

For Necromunda, nothing major yet. But a brand new Kal Jericho miniature is coming:
GAMAReveals-Mar11-KalScabbs6snct.jpg

For Blood Bowl, everyone's favorite joke team will be next:
GAMAReveals-Mar11-BBHalflingsMinis5scf.jpg

(I really like those sculpts. Miniature-wise, I think it's my favorite of the plastic BB teams. They did a real effort to provide head-swaps to avoid obvious duplicates, and there is even a squirrel!)

For Kill Team, the next expansion will add more 'elite' units to existing factions (up to and including Terminators and Crisis suits), and add the Adeptus Custodes as a new faction:
GAMAReveals-Mar11-KTElites1ehvdg.jpg

(This one I'm not really happy about)

Source: Warhammer Community

Last edited:

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Ah, you beat me, spent too long googling to try and find out where I'd seen a revolver that had a barrel at the bottom of the cylinder before! Never mind. The new Kal model is alright I suppose. Can't say I prefer it over the old one - it's much the same to me. But Scabbs... isn't Scabbs. I do like the Matiba/Rhino stub gun though.

(Edit: It was Ghost in the Shell by the way).

Last edited:

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
I'm leaning towards the older Kal and Scabbs models; it might be due to the paint job, or photo angle (again). Why is New Scabbs looking down at the floor? What is with New Kal's face and hair?

The Halflings look nice I guess, it's a shame I'm not really a Halfling or BB fan.

Kill Team doesn't need elite units/models.

D

Deleted member 10658

I think those new Kal and Scabbs models are insults to the originals.

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
I think those new Kal and Scabbs models are insults to the originals.
At least Kal is better than the black library version.
Counting the black library one and the inquisitor one this is the 4th kal Jericho miniature GW has put out.
Is there any other named character out there who has had that many across there games/lines?

Reactions: Aulenback

Chronos

Ganger
Sep 19, 2017
Madrid
I'm surprised that older Kal Jerico model is preferred over this one. I think new model is so much better... And I even think the paintjob is one of the best ones from forge world recently (at least for necromunda).

If I ever make an order from forge world I would include this new Kal Jerico model (even though I own the old one)

Gunkaiser

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
I've got mixed feelings on "Elites"... presumably it'll mostly just be datasheets and tactics cards but anything else will just make the game more complicated without adding much.

On top of that you've got weird releases (another Ork box?) and plenty of lists that have neither a commander box nor a starter box (I think some of the commanders haven't even been released?)...

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
(I really like those sculpts. Miniature-wise, I think it's my favorite of the plastic BB teams. They did a real effort to provide head-swaps to avoid obvious duplicates, and there is even a squirrel!)

I think the one with right fist in the air and saucepan on his head (bottom left and centre) may be one-piece, but there do seem to be a variety of heads.

I'm kinda surprised to see Halflings ahead of several more serious teams. Also a shame they didn't go to 14 models, like the Undead, for a full roster (when you add two Treemen).

I do like them but all my BB stuff is 28mm scale, so they would probably look more like beardless Dwarfs than Halflings.

Greyhart

Ganger
Oct 1, 2018
West Greenwich, RI
I also think the new Kal is a good looking model. I also agree that Scabs is a little too clean though. I'm looking forward to adding them to my collection.

ThreeDice

Gang Hero
May 27, 2014
Kal is okay, face is a little Cardassian. I don't like the new Scabs at all. Might need a Halfling venator gang with cyber-squirrel...

Hopefully there will be some more Necro goodness?

EDIT: HALFLING PITSLAVES!!!1!

SleepySnek

Ganger
Apr 14, 2018
Nottingham
On the one hand, I'm happy Kal finally got a model. Finally, a known face from the old days shows himself. On the other hand, his face looks like it's had some Gabriel Angelos Syndrome happen to it.

Reactions: Space Truckin

cronevald

Gang Hero
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT
Yeah, I'm definitely falling on the side of this new Kal model. Perhaps it was the paintjob of something with the face, but I never really cared for the last one.

Edit - Though I do think the last Scabs was just about perfect. This new one just doesn't quite evoke the character for me.

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
That gun on the back of Scabbs look's pretty big anyone got any guesses on what it could be.