New Gorkamorka??

Discussion in 'GorkaMorka' started by Sethmerlin666, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Sethmerlin666

Sethmerlin666 Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman Yak Comp 1st Place

Saw this pop up on a Facebook feed.
    A new Gorkamorka? Or a abandonware mini game?
    newgorka.jpg

Kelendor likes this.
  2. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Nobody knows. The pictures are all that's out there so far.

Aulenback likes this.
  3. Space Truckin

Space Truckin Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

My Google Fu has pulled up a 40k mobile game that was "soft" launched in 2016 in New Zealand.

4. Aulenback

Aulenback Gang Champion

5. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Aulenback and Ben_S like this.
  6. Jason7796

Jason7796 Ganger

ORKTOBER!!! WAAAAGH WAAAAGH!!

7. Aulenback

Aulenback Gang Champion

And just as an extra note, while facebook discussions seem to decry this as "not actually GorkaMorka redone, but just some racing game," I look at it the same way I do at N17 "Underhive": a whole pile of new models for the old game, for as long as this game continues to get support. Some beautiful new vehicle models [that are likely to see lots of use by many], and even some nicely modeled plastic terrain too.

#7 Aulenback, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Ben_S likes this.
  8. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Sounds like the best of both worlds, really!

9. SLGSFZ

SLGSFZ Juve

I was actually just at a GW and I asked the staffer about it. He said that it will be a remaster of Gorkamorka, but the initial release is to showcase the new models. Take that with a grain of salt and orktober is only a month away, so well know soon enough. But what I'm wondering, is that a GW staffer would say that and yet I haven't found anything online stating that it will indeed be a remaster.

Aulenback likes this.
  10. Zeebogie

Zeebogie Ganger

So that sounds like it is a Shadow War type deal to test the waters and regain interest, they hadn't announced N17 until after Shadow War dropped so it makes sense they would do the same thing with Gorkamorka and release the outlier part first to differ it from N17 and Kill Team

Aulenback likes this.
  11. Azzabat

Azzabat Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 1st Place

Not wishing to be nasty, but I never take anything a GW staffer says as the truth.

I’ve been to GW HQ several times and gotten different answers to the same question too many times to believe anybody other than the designers knows anything about future releases.

Ben_S, Flamekebab and Aulenback like this.
  12. SLGSFZ

SLGSFZ Juve

That's fair enough. I was at a different GW today and the staffer said that the November release will be battlefleet gothic. One of them better be right because they're playing with heartstrings :p

Azzabat likes this.
  13. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Given that they haven't finished releasing all the factions for N17 yet I'm somewhat sceptical about the idea of a GoMo remaster...

Ben_S and Aulenback like this.
  14. Aulenback

Aulenback Gang Champion

Again, like N17, I don't expect them to fulfill any actual promise [such as Necromunda's launch promise of 'covering all the original gangs again, from the core book and Outlanders']. I don't expect the rules to be coherent, or even better [since I don't expect them to have the years of support to polish out questions regarding rules as written or rules as intended, or even paid editors]. All I expect is that we may see as a result a small pile of new models tailored to the old game's setting and thus have a new pile of perfectly suited toys to play with alongside our old toys.

Because these new models are pretty.

And I can additionally hope that as a "core box game," the cost will be slightly lower than paying the often exorbitant prices for each of these models individually.

Ben_S likes this.
  15. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

16. Ben_S

Ben_S Hive Guilder
    Honored Tribesman

Apparently the new White Dwarf carries a picture of a Gorkamorka Digga - I think it's a reader model and clearly converted from a Poxwalker, but it's labelled as a Gorkamorka Digga, which has ignited some speculation.

Aulenback likes this.
  17. Azzabat

Azzabat Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 1st Place

Where?

I’ve checkhis whole site (with my man vision) and can’t find them anywhere.

Link?

Aulenback likes this.
  18. Aulenback

Aulenback Gang Champion

Do tell?

No, please, do tell. Any photos leaking early? More information? Random pointless speculation?

19. Ben_S

Ben_S Hive Guilder
    Honored Tribesman

I saw it on FB, though could have been deleted by now. The model wasn't particularly noteworthy anyway - like I said, just a Poxwalker without much conversion - it was the caption that was of note.

20. Ben_S

Ben_S Hive Guilder
    Honored Tribesman

Not sure if this link works, because of FB:

41632345_10156223134060129_7040529074158043136_n.jpg

Aulenback likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice