New models incoming

Crazy Ivan

Ganger
Nov 5, 2019
Culemborg, the Netherlands
Alternatively, they are as good at labeling those weapons as the Corpsegrinder Cult's ones.
'cause this guy obviously has 2 Augmentic fists.
Note his left-hand fist has some kind of tube coming out of the back that "normal" augmentic fists don't. Similar tubes are present on both fists for the fourth images ("Slave Ogryn with Arc Welders"). So apparently they are different.

I'm counting only four different weapons:
Arc Welder
Storm Welder
Augmentic Fist
Spud Jacker

Looks like 6 different heads, including two "lobo" variants. Clearly only 2 different bodies with added gubbins to make 'em look more different. So I'd again say two Ogryns per sprue, and assuming two sprues per box.

Loving the Ogryn head with the raised welding mask, by the way.

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
Alternatively, they are as good at labeling those weapons as the Corpsegrinder Cult's ones.
'cause this guy obviously has 2 Augmentic fists.
You've missed the cable running to one of the first guy's fists, and another guy labelled as 'with arc welders' has cables running to both his fists, which presumably are concealing some sort of nozzle in these pictures..
Ninja'd..

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
You've missed the cable running to one of the first guy's fists
Not missed, just dismissed as insignificant.
But yeah, I edited my previous post with more pics, and it appears you guys were right.
Can't fathom why they'd put a suicide weapon on an Ogryn (a complete non-option), or who thought it would be a good idea to have the Arc welder look closer to an augmentic fist than a storm-welder, but it is what it is.

Now they did it, I went from spiry to sumpy in a few seconds... 😅

Crazy Ivan

Ganger
Nov 5, 2019
Culemborg, the Netherlands
Not missed, just dismissed as insignificant.
But yeah, I edited my previous post with more pics, and it appears you guys were right.
Can't fathom why they'd put a suicide weapon on an Ogryn (a complete non-option), or who thought it would be a good idea to have the Arc welder look closer to an augmentic fist than a storm-welder, but it is what it is.

Now they did it, I went from spiry to sumpy in a few seconds... 😅
Whether or not they're a good option as Gangers, I'm buying a box to use as Brutes - I like the look of these more than of the Ambots(even though those look great as well) - I particularly like that there's enough customization options to make 'em look different, means not every gang will have the same Ogryn brutes.

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Loving the Ogryn head with the raised welding mask, by the way.
One of the trio in the original splash image is wearing that mask at his belt [the one in the middle, with only one arm]. Looks likely to be a separate piece able to be glued to a belt, glued to a face, or glued in that raised position.

There are a few good gubbins hanging from belts in this lot. That bodes well.

sumpthing

Hive Scum
Honored Tribesman
Jun 14, 2017
Perth, Australia
I must say, I definitely prefer the helmeted heads, hopefully there are more than one per paired sprue although it shouldn't be too hard to knock up a second one.

It looks like the arc welder is an attachment to the augmetic fist judging by the power pack on the rear of the model and the extra power cables, that's interesting...

Reactions: Aulenback

DerekDecker

Gang Champion
Apr 1, 2017
Look like the handles of their tools, like screwdrivers.

And storm welder is probably the worst possible choice this gang could use.

If they only got 1 range weapon on the sprue, I'd prefer they go with something...playable : grenade launcher, missile launcher, frag launcher, heavy stubber,.... something that won't kill your 200+ credit ogryn?....heavy flamer?

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
I was thinking they looked like some kind of ogryn at work warning lights... stims is more likely though.
Really, it just depends on the paint job. They could be anything. I believe the technical term used in engineering is "greeblies."

Anyhow. They look good, regardless what rule-set you use. Kudos to the sculptors/designers on this one. And as mentioned by someone [Thorgor?] up-thread, the ball-joint base could be used to viably mount any of a bunch of different "servitor" arms, by GW or other. Need a rock drill on your mining ogryn? Do-able. Need a loading grabber instead? Sure. Would a set of Mecha-dendrite-tentacles [pillaged from an old Epic scale Titan] do you better? No worries.

Reactions: Crazy Ivan