New models incoming

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Look like the handles of their tools, like screwdrivers.

And storm welder is probably the worst possible choice this gang could use.

If they only got 1 range weapon on the sprue, I'd prefer they go with something...playable : grenade launcher, missile launcher, frag launcher, heavy stubber,.... something that won't kill your 200+ credit ogryn?....heavy flamer?
You want thematic, you get thematic 😁

They’re clearly a heavy construction crew that has gone rogue. I doubt there’s much need for a Heavy Stubber on a construction site drone.

Of course why you do with them later is your choice!

@Aulenback the one on the left is a greebly the others are hoo-jars and there's one wotsit on the right 😁
I’m sure there a song from the 1940s about this... :unsure:

Crazy Ivan

Gang Hero
Nov 5, 2019
Culemborg, the Netherlands
From the NZ site, the Goliath gang cards definitely contains new cards:

This set contains:
– 18 House Goliath-specific Tactics Cards
– 8 blank Fighter cards, each stamped with the Clan Goliath iconography

On the upside, no generic gang cards, so if you don’t play Goliaths, there’s no reason to get these!

As for the new Goliaths:

This kit is supplied as 112 components that make 2 Goliath Stimmers, one armed with paired pulverizers and one armed with assault grenade launchers, and 4 Goliath Forge-born, two armed with storm-welders and two armed with heavy rock saws. It comes supplied with 2 Necromunda 40mm bases and 4 Necromunda 25mm bases.
So no other weapons in the kit than what we’ve already seen... *sad noises*

Last edited:

Crazy Ivan

Gang Hero
Nov 5, 2019
And from the book:
Strength is all for House Goliath. Without the physical strength to dominate rivals or to endure the hardships of Necromunda, a Goliath is nothing. They were created as a slave race to work the refineries and forges of Necromunda and toil in places where even hardy Necromundans could not survive. While the members of the clan are practically abhuman in their size and strength, only fools underestimate their resourcefulness and low cunning. It was the folly of their creators, who believed the Goliaths could be kept docile and ignorant though genetic meddling, that allowed elements of the clan to gain their independence.

Get the ultimate guide to the youngest of the six clan houses on Necromunda. This 160-page hardback book features the definitive history of the House and rules for fielding the six different types of fighters available to House Goliath – Forge Tyrants, Forge Bosses, Stimmers, Forge-born, Bruisers and Bullies. It is ideal for fans of House Goliath or anyone who wants to delve deeper into the dark side of the underhive.

Inside this book, you will find:
- House Goliath History and Background: an expansive and extensive background on the House Goliath, includes a timeline of the development of House Goliath over three millennia.
- House Goliath Gang List: includes all the rules you need to know in order to field a Goliath Gang in games of Necromunda.
- Hangers-on and Brutes: includes rules for hiring Hangers-on and Brutes, including Goliath-specific ones, for your Gang.
- Hired Guns: includes rules for using Bounty Hunters, House Agents, and Hive Scum.
- Strong Alliances: includes rules for using and forming alliances with three other organisations within Necromunda that House Goliath has connections with, including the Slave Guild, the Narco Guild and House Greim – the Noble House that backs Goliath.
- Additional Rules: this section includes new and additional rules usable by House Goliath gangs in games of Necromunda, providing Goliath players a variety of new options, including Skills, Abilities, Gang-specific terrain.
- Slave Ogryn Gang History and Background, and Gang List: contains a brief background section on the Slave Ogryn Gang, along with all the rules required to field a Slave Ogryn Gang.
- Weapon Reference Chart: contains a comprehensive weapons reference chart for all weapons and wargear available to House Goliath and their Allies.
- House Goliath Gang Tactics: contains a D66 table of Goliath Gang Tactics for use in Scenarios.
- Dramatis Personae: includes rules for hiring and using six brand new Dramatis Personae characters in your games of Necromunda.

This is an expansion to Necromunda – the Necromunda Rulebook is required to use the contents of this book.
So I guess Goliath Leaders, Champions, Gangeds and Juves are now Forge Tyrants, Forge Bosses, Bruisers and Bullies, respectively. Also from all the details, it looks like if you want to play Goliath, you can make do with either the normal Rulebook or the Dark Uprising one, and no need for Gangs of the Underhive as all relevant bits are here.

Finally, I would’ve expected the Narco Guild to have the strongest connection to House Escher, so turns out that can go in any direction.

Reactions: Baffo and sumpthing

Crazy Ivan

Gang Hero
Nov 5, 2019
Sorry for the triple post, but I had a look at this:
The book includes all basic hangers-on, generic brutes, Hive Scum and Bounty Hunters from Gangs of the Underhive, which seems to imply it replaces it for the Goliaths, but there’s nothing about the Trading Post in there. So either you’d need another book for that, or there are other restrictions coming on the Trading Post...?

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ostensibly all the weapons in here will be in house so the 7 pages they have will probably not need "trading post" rules.

Reactions: Aulenback

cronevald

Gang Hero
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT
I can't make out the fine print on the contents preview but the description notes a d66 table of Tactics Cards. Does this mean the card rules will (finally) be listed in a rule book, or is it just a table with their names and no description? Hoping of course for the former.

Reactions: Bilbostomper

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
I can't make out the fine print on the contents preview but the description notes a d66 table of Tactics Cards. Does this mean the card rules will (finally) be listed in a rule book, or is it just a table with their names and no description? Hoping of course for the former.
I really hope so. Would definitely be a move in the right direction. but where would they put the generics? I do like the generics so wouldn't want a move towards only house specifics.

Should we get talk of tactics and book leaks moved to the Book of Chains discussion thread so as not to derail a primarily model focussed thread?
or is new models / new releases much the same thing? ( models aren't N18 specific necessarily hence the distinction in my mind but might be just me)

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Well this confirms that these books replace Gangs of the Underhive, except for the trading post.

I'm cool with the new sprue not having more weapons, it's already crammed with parts and I can do weapon swaps from all the spares I have for juves. Overall I'm pleased with more Necromunda, it's my main game and I like how deep it's getting. In 1.5 years this game will be exceptional. In the meantime some gangs will feel like the legacy gangs of legend. I'm not sure if it would be worth cutting the duplicate content to drop the price, or try to reduce the books needed during a game by reprinting things.

Who is ready to find a bunch of errors and/or inexplicable changes in reprinted rules?

Vertico

Gang Champion
Oct 2, 2019
Arnhem
When all the stuff is out for all the gangs the diversity is going to be insane.

Yep, but I also expect GW to drop production on stuff. I'll expect Kal and Scabbs to drop, same as the ambot.
The same for these releases. They are temporary, to my idea, where the house-gangs will be supported for a long time.
And I want to prevent myself from making eBay searching and overpaying in the future.

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Seems to me like with this release they’re pushing out all the missing models to accompany it.

Also Codex style this looks a one-stop shop for all your Goliath needs and I fully expect the next 5 to be the same.

So rulebook + Codex looks like all you need to play (that gang). I guess eBay prices for the DA rulebook to increase now.

Perhaps they’ve fixed the Tactics situation - all Goliath cards in one book; what is that 30?? Perhaps generics are now no more?? If it means it makes it playable with or without having the limited run card then so be it.

This is really how it should have been. Now, please don’t release Codex v.2 in 2022.

DerekDecker

Gang Champion
Apr 1, 2017
That Zerker is ugly and look nothing like the art. Instead of looking like the guy overdosed on Hyde's formula in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, he look like Quasimodo.

Time to turn those Forge born gals into Corpse grinder cult, that Heavy Rock Saw look meh, compared to the GSC one, which use 2 Discs and have menacing, razor sharp
teeth.

Should've go for some better weapon than Lame Rock Saw, idk maybe explosive sledgehammer or something.

Last edited:

Trafalgar Law

Gang Hero
Mar 14, 2017
Chorley, Lancashire, UK
@MusingWarboss
That for me is part of why I'm unhappy with this release. If I only played one gang then sure a codex style release isn't a major issue, but I have 4 gangs, which means I'm going to need 4 books with an awful lot of duplicated material.

Oh and is that the best they could come up with for the berserker? It's dreadful, the Artel version someone posted earlier is a 1000 times better.

Last edited:

Baffo

Gang Champion
Aug 2, 2018
Ljubljana
I initially planned to play only Goliaths, but since I got the Eschers in the starter box, I assembled them as well (for demo games if nothing else), then I got an idea of 'Scottish themed Orlocks with Nac Mac Figel names' and made a gang of those, then because I wanted to do something with the Gene stealer Neophites kit, I ended up making a gang of those (which required several different boxes/kits, more than the House Gangs, to assemble a complete gang/collection) and when Enforcers came out I made a gang of them (since I am an arbitrator, Enforcers are a great 'NPC' gang to use in custom scenarios and such) and because of the DU box I have the kits for CGC (still unassembled at the moment, since I find them borderline broken and not good to introduce in a relatively inexperienced/uncompetitive group), followed lately by another conversion idea of a Tech-scrapper rogue-mechanicus Cawdor gang which lead me to convert yet another gang. I also got a Delaque box to convert into Rogue docs, Water guild allies and Bounty hunters and other such NPCs and hired guns... Yes, I know I have issues :)

Anyway, at this point I've decided I'll get all these House gang codexes, even for gangs I do not actively play, simply because I am a 'completionist', the local arbitrator (and therefore need to be at least aware of what each gang can do so I can meaningfully advise newer players) and I never know when some random idea from a book or anime reference will inspire/compel me to convert yet another new gang.
In my experience, every gaming group/club of 5+ people has at least one obsessive collector/rules guru that like me will acquire all the rules publications/expansions for the game, while the other players focus on their own faction and consult the local 'book hoarder' when more details/fluff/rules are needed. For such players the Codex model is probably better (all-in-one book for your faction).

Regarding the Forge world Zerker preview: I do not like the face/head in particular and the pose/composition in general. It might be the paint job and photo angle making it look worse than it actually is (not uncommon with FW models), but I think I will rather convert one of the plastic Stimmers for my own Zerker and be happier with the result.

Reactions: sumpthing

DerekDecker

Gang Champion
Apr 1, 2017
You had one job, Timmy, all you had to do is follow the artwork. No, not your artwork, weezuz Timmy.

5hlP6jm.jpg

Some other thing I noticed, the red circle piece is needed to completed the Storm Welder, and you only got one per sprue, meaning the other Forge-born built from the box will always have to take the rock saw.
trhVjgM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiny

Baffo

Gang Champion
Aug 2, 2018
Ljubljana
Some other thing I noticed, the red circle piece is needed to completed the Storm Welder, and you only got one per sprue, meaning the other Forge-born built from the box will always have to take the rock saw.

It is not just the 'gun shield' that is limiting the assembly numbers; looking around the frame I found only one copy of both the backpack variants (one for the Rock saw and one for the Storm welder).

That said I like that the Prospect models can be assembled with 'clean bare backs' (no backpack peg or straps, those are another separate bit), meaning you won't need to file/scrape off any existing details to make Juves (just a bit of Gap-filling with green stuff to cover the hole) or kit bash any other load-outs available to their fighter type.