New models incoming

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the reveal trailers for older gangs had minis at the end and they were still released about 3 months later right? It's not Forgeworld so hopefully it's quicker than, say, the delaque extras. But without even getting a glimpse at 3d renders the pessimist in me wonders how long it will be.

That said, this is the type of news I'm excited about and I'm looking forward to seeing them!
Initial videos were like this I think. It's all about building and keeping interest. Don't forget things like Blackstone and the rogue trader kill team had cartoons and then all of a sudden miniatures appeared at the next big show. (Being positive deliberately)

Spenetrator

Ganger
Apr 2, 2018
York, UK
Initial videos were like this I think. It's all about building and keeping interest. Don't forget things like Blackstone and the rogue trader kill team had cartoons and then all of a sudden miniatures appeared at the next big show. (Being positive deliberately)
IIRC reveal videos for the first 8 were about a month before release - but they were fully painted gangs shown at that point.

SleepySnek

Juve
Apr 14, 2018
Nottingham
So I'm going to very quickly talk about a few of the above topics, in rapid fire fashion. Away we go!

Contrast Paint - On the one hand, I'll take any damned shortcuts I can get with my Van Saars. When you're debating starting a gang over for the *third time*, clearly something is not working out. Hopefully at least these will speed along the process of getting them onto a table very soon.

The AdMech Transport - I am screaming internally comprehending this thing. It's a D-Day Landing Craft with a turret stuck on the top. Maybe you could do something nice with it after some conversions, but right now it just looks really lazy and out of place for AdMech.

Well at least they didn't announce a new Primaris Ba- *internal screaming intensifies*

New Necromunda Gang (yes, seriously - progress is happening!) - For those who are joining late, they've all but announced the Enforcers as the next gang. The trailer currently isn't on Youtube at time of writing, but it's on the Warhammer Community page under the 2PM announcements. Anyway, it's going to be a "wait and see" for this one, since no new models are being shown at this time. That and I'm wondering how the new Enforcers will be balanced against the six house gangs, especially since the Enforcers as I remember them were considered a GM/Arbitrator's gang.

...Maybe we'll see a few converted for some Inquisitor Bodyguards?

ThreeDice

Gang Hero
May 27, 2014
Excited about enforcers. Not loving the new sculpts in general, but a load of people head to foot in riot gear almost always look good. Female enforcers... Almost a certainty.

A plastic sister has been shown. That I like, I really like. Not the head, though. Might need to do something about that hair.

sedits

Ganger
Apr 28, 2018
New Britain, CT, USA
Haha I understand, and I really don't want to be a buzzkill. But you mentioned the video. Just a bulkhead with a voiceover was another thing that left me wondering if it was thrown together last minute, and how long the wait would be. But!! They're officially on the way, which is a very big positive.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Issy-les-Moulineaux 92130 France
Not sure i’ve mentioned this yet, but i’m really excited about Warcry. The minis look awesome.
Even though I'm mostly interested in Warcry for the rules (please be a decent campaign system, please be a decent campaign system...), I must admit the freshly revealed Splintered Fang do look cool.

About the Enforcers, I'm mostly pleased that they are finally tackling the Outlanders+ gangs (it makes it at least two they are working on, since they have also shown some concept art for Ash Wastes Nomads earlier this year). Gives me hope for Slaves some day. If the Enforcers are properly executed (and plastic) I may even be interested in them. They will be Q3 at the earliest though, maybe even Q4.

Since the upcoming expansion book is rumored to have revamped rules for hired guns, I hope that they will also rewrite the Venator rules to make them fully compatible with N18 (and this time, it would be nice to spend more than 5 minutes thinking about the implications of house-legacies)

Deckard_2049

Ganger
Nov 20, 2017
California
I'm excited about enforcers, not sure why though cause they gave me nothing to look at. Pretty bummed with this WHF, not much but announcements and nothing to really drool over...what a slow year for blood bowl and necromunda. Titanicus is going strong though from what I can tell. Must be more popular in europe cause here in my california town it's a dead game.

SleepySnek

Juve
Apr 14, 2018
Nottingham
I'm excited about enforcers, not sure why though cause they gave me nothing to look at. Pretty bummed with this WHF, not much but announcements and nothing to really drool over...what a slow year for blood bowl and necromunda. Titanicus is going strong though from what I can tell. Must be more popular in europe cause here in my california town it's a dead game.
The power of a good trailer, my friend.

That said, I can attest to this - Titanicus survived about as long as all the other non AoS or 40K games do in my area - as in people played it for a few weeks and then it died off. For the record, my LGS has forgotten about Kill Team, and I question how Underworlds has survived for so long. This of course leads me to where I might be a bit concerned with Warcry and the resurrection of Aeronautica Imperialis - namely, people will play them once or twice and then just abandon them and go back to playing other things.

Merzbau

Ganger
Nov 9, 2018
Philadelphia
Underworlds seems to have genuinely pulled in a decent amount of people either totally new or only curious until now about yr various Warhams- it helps that it has a tight, unambiguous ruleset (AHEM) and a hook for collectors that doesn’t seem too onerous but nonetheless drives purchasing. I get the sense that that competitive-playing “whales” provide a decent amount of respect revenue by snapping up every last warband.

I’m happy to hear Titanicus is doing well for them, though I guess it’s to be seen how much of that is actual play versus people buying the (extremely cool) models. The 28mm scale games at least have easier crossover with established settings and often their own rules for inclusion in them- they’re not the most competitive things in the world but it’s definitely smart to cross promote them by, for instance, including the relevant war bands in print in the Moonclan Battletome for AoS.

Last edited:
I was at the seminar today and they showed the cover of the next book and said it includes official rules for venators, environmental perils and new hired guns. They also talked about event cards and campaign cards, presumably released alongside the book but they didn't say when. As Q2 release is relatively small I'm hoping it'll be next month but nothing more to really base that off.
I was lucky enough to have a quick chat with Andy Hoare before the seminar who hinted very strongly that the enforcers would be the Q3 release. Sadly he got called away before I could DEMAND scavvies be ready for Q4...

He also mentioned blood bowl, they May have bigger gaps between releases that quarterly but when they do the release will be big!

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
The new paints seem like they’re aiming for the wash painting crowd (or style) rather than the Quickshade market. But you could use them like that.

Still, pretty cool if it encourages more people to personalise their models.

Enforcers sound great and I assume that behind that door is the Outlands??

Whatever should be interesting to see. Especially if more plastic base kits are released. I just hope it doesn’t kill people’s enthusiasm for using the house gangs as old Outlanders seemed to do.

Titanicus is played by no-one near me. Too expensive and no interest. Ironically though a few mini titan kits have been purchased for conversions into 28mm game models (think Blanchitsu).

So I dunno if they see those sales as a positive for the game or not? It’s certainly going to mislead them a bit.

Reactions: ThreeDice

Merzbau

Ganger
Nov 9, 2018
Philadelphia
Yeah, same. There’s a player in my current campaign who will be VERY happy (he’s playing Arbites with Orlock rules) and I’m def going to want a box or so myself for NPC antagonists if I can get a more heavily arbitrated story driven campaign off the ground later in the year.

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
Judging by some people loot photos delaque ammo jack's some runners etc were all on sale so hopefully will be released properly in short order. Fingers crossed for a random unexpected reveal tomorrow