New models incoming

Merzbau

Ganger
Nov 9, 2018
Philadelphia
At least today we got proper set A/set B photos of the Delaque sets. For ease of use, here’s what I can see:

Set A (for Arbitrary!)
Right hand web pistol
Left hand pointing with digi-laser
Right hand grav gun
Left hand web gauntlet
Two-handed shotgun
Two-handed flamer
Two-handed autogun with infrascope
Right-handed web gun
Left-handed plasma pistol
Two-handed meltagun
Right-handed long rifle
Left-handed stiletto knife
Two-handed heavy flamer
Right-handed laspistol
Right-handed flechette pistol

Set B:
Right hand pointing with digi-laser
Left-handed flamer
Right-handed stiletto knife
Left-handed web gauntlet
Right-handed hand flamer
Left-handed web gun
Right-handed plasma pistol
Left-handed web pistol
Right-handed laspistol with infrascope
Left-handed grav gun
Two-handed heavy flamer
Two-handed plasma gun with infrascope
Two-handed plasma gun
Two-handed long rifle
Left-handed laspistol
Right-handed hand flamer

Of course, we don’t know yet if the scopes are fixed or removable, but hopefully this helps people choose. It’s worth noting that the duplicate flechette pistols in particular are still useful since the flechette pistol in the plastic kit is keyed to only work with one specific arm held down by the side. As always there’s the bouquet of hand flamers, restricted to just one weapon set, and the baffling decision to put both plasma guns in the same set. Likewise, it’s annoying having both of the basic weapons (autogun and shotgun) in two-handed poses in the same set, and for those of us planning on picking up both (guilty) there’s no reason to have *one* heavy flamer, let alone two. And the idea of anyone needing a third grav gun (or even a second one in an alternate pose) is ludicrous.

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Definitely curious about that contrast paint - I have a bunch of old terminators I want to paint up for Space Hulk but can’t be bothered starting as large expanses of armour are so boring to paint, shade & highlight.

Also pleased to see enforcers. Whether I bother to get any will largely depend how compatible with NCE they are I think. Also, I bought the bits I needed to make my own counts-as enforcers a couple of years ago and just never did it.

Reactions: ThreeDice
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
I'm following this thread and the news featured by the Warhammer Fest UK 2019 Live Blog. There are some good new and interesting things for me, such as: Necromunda Dome Runner and Ammo-jack, Delaque Weapons and new Adeptus Mechanicus Transport.

However, I think the new Necromunda "The Headsman" for House Cawdor is not a big hit. With his new head he acts on me, as if he would like to crawl into his clothes and want quickly to run away and hide somewhere. This head does not match the figure and its role. I do not know why the design was changed, but I hope they give him at least one alternative head.

Not to mention the video! Because this is often confused, I summarize briefly again:

1. Adeptus Arbites. These are the police forces in the universe and responsible for complying with imperial laws (Lex Imperia).

2. Necromunda Enforcers are the police on Necromunda who enforce Lord Helmawr's planetary laws.

3. Incoming? - It has been suggested several times that there will not be new Adeptus Arbites or Necromunda Enforcers. I therefore expect a more or less private police / security force. For example, of the Guilder's or a settlement.

Either way, I'm curious and looking happily forward to it.

Did you get a title?
They did give the title but I can't recall what it was. "Book of perils" or something to that affect.

The Delaque upgrades, dome runner/ammo jack, squat ammo jack and Cawdor headsman were all for sale today too. I didn't pick up the Delaque stuff as I don't own the gang but I did get a look at them in the cabinet and there was definitely glue visible on at least one of the sights so I believe they are a separate piece.

3. Incoming? - It has been suggested several times that there will not be new Adeptus Arbites or Necromunda Enforcers. I therefore expect a more or less private police / security force. For example, of the Guilder's or a settlement.
Good point. When I spoke to Andy he said that the q3 release would be something lots of people have been asking for. In the seminar he corrected someone who asked a question that these are not arbites. Someone then said "so we're getting enforcers" and Andy immediately jumped in with "are we?"
I put this down to the video not really giving anything away and he was just cheekily playing along but it could be that we've all just assumed that this relates to enforcers and it turns out to be something a little different??

SleepySnek

Juve
Apr 14, 2018
Nottingham
At least today we got proper set A/set B photos of the Delaque sets. For ease of use, here’s what I can see:

Set A (for Arbitrary!)
Right hand web pistol
Left hand pointing with digi-laser
Right hand grav gun
Left hand web gauntlet
Two-handed shotgun
Two-handed flamer
Two-handed autogun with infrascope
Right-handed web gun
Left-handed plasma pistol
Two-handed meltagun
Right-handed long rifle
Left-handed stiletto knife
Two-handed heavy flamer
Right-handed laspistol
Right-handed flechette pistol

Set B:
Right hand pointing with digi-laser
Left-handed flamer
Right-handed stiletto knife
Left-handed web gauntlet
Right-handed hand flamer
Left-handed web gun
Right-handed plasma pistol
Left-handed web pistol
Right-handed laspistol with infrascope
Left-handed grav gun
Two-handed heavy flamer
Two-handed plasma gun with infrascope
Two-handed plasma gun
Two-handed long rifle
Left-handed laspistol
Right-handed hand flamer

Of course, we don’t know yet if the scopes are fixed or removable, but hopefully this helps people choose. It’s worth noting that the duplicate flechette pistols in particular are still useful since the flechette pistol in the plastic kit is keyed to only work with one specific arm held down by the side. As always there’s the bouquet of hand flamers, restricted to just one weapon set, and the baffling decision to put both plasma guns in the same set. Likewise, it’s annoying having both of the basic weapons (autogun and shotgun) in two-handed poses in the same set, and for those of us planning on picking up both (guilty) there’s no reason to have *one* heavy flamer, let alone two. And the idea of anyone needing a third grav gun (or even a second one in an alternate pose) is ludicrous.
Even more ludicrous? From what you've just described, Delquie is still missing Basic Weapon #3 - the Lasgun. Which to my knowledge is not in the Box Set either, and has zero representation in either set. Why allow a Gang to take something that isn't represented at all? >_<

...Before anyone chimes in, I know you can cut the Lasguns off of some Cadians or the like. However, each gang has it's own distinctive aesthetics for it's weapons now. Cutting the Lasguns off of some Guard models feels more like an incredibly ugly Band-Aid.

SumpRat

Gang Champion
Apr 23, 2013
Good point. When I spoke to Andy he said that the q3 release would be something lots of people have been asking for. In the seminar he corrected someone who asked a question that these are not arbites. Someone then said "so we're getting enforcers" and Andy immediately jumped in with "are we?"
I put this down to the video not really giving anything away and he was just cheekily playing along but it could be that we've all just assumed that this relates to enforcers and it turns out to be something a little different??
In the Facebook pages he’s pretty vigilant about the difference between Arbites and Enforcers, and corrects people whenever they ask him about Arbites.

Apparently an Arbite May be the Slate Merdena equivalent for Enforcers, but that’s pure FOAF, rather than a legit source.

Merzbau

Ganger
Nov 9, 2018
Philadelphia
Even more ludicrous? From what you've just described, Delquie is still missing Basic Weapon #3 - the Lasgun. Which to my knowledge is not in the Box Set either, and has zero representation in either set. Why allow a Gang to take something that isn't represented at all? >_<

...Before anyone chimes in, I know you can cut the Lasguns off of some Cadians or the like. However, each gang has it's own distinctive aesthetics for it's weapons now. Cutting the Lasguns off of some Guard models feels more like an incredibly ugly Band-Aid.
Trust me, I’m in the same boat with lasguns. If I’m going to use them, I want them to match the other gun designs. I would hope for a separate pack like the Van Saar shields but that seems unlikely- they haven’t been announced or previewed and they aren’t as sexy as an exotic new weapon with a clear plastic element.

TabulaRasa

Gang Champion
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
Arbites is an ‘adeptus’ branch of the Imperium. As in ‘Astartes’, ‘Mechnicum’ and ‘Sororitas’. They are as such not in the pay of planetary governors as far as I understand it, but of the High Lords of Terra. They are the ones who would investigate Helmawr.

Of course the lord of necromunda has his own ‘enforcers’. Whatever he decides to call them.

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Haven’t they outright said Palanite (god, that word instead of “Palatine” bothers the hell out of me every time) Enforcers were coming on multiple streams and seminars?
I am still hoping that “Palanite” is just a spelling mistake that’s wormed its way into a couple of articles, because the use of it to refer to the enforcers of the Palatine hive causes mild rage in me for some reason :confused:

ThreeDice

Gang Hero
May 27, 2014
@Thorgor Oh yeah, at least a couple of those female Splintered Fang are going to become to Ratskins...

Enforcers really are a genius move, and hark back to what is being said about the cross compatibility of new releases, adding to their value. Plastic Pitslaves are so going to be in the near future.

Hopefully the Enforcers, as well as the new Venator and bounty Hunter rules, will mean improvements for stun and capture based weapons. I want a trap gang!

SleepySnek

Juve
Apr 14, 2018
Nottingham

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Even though I'm mostly interested in Warcry for the rules (please be a decent campaign system, please be a decent campaign system...), I must admit the freshly revealed Splintered Fang do look cool.
Pit fighters for Mordheim; another gang look like a base for Diggaz. In honesty, like Underworlds, and Necromunda, I look at it as model support for already functional rule-sets.

Merzbau

Ganger
Nov 9, 2018
Philadelphia
Honestly, the best approach we’ve probably got for now is cutting the barrel off a Delaque laspistol and replacing an autogun’s with it. There will still be features that don’t match, but if you use the back-slung autoguns the bit on the side is covered up (I’m not really up on guns; is that intended to be a cartridge ejection port? Safety? Firing mode selector?) and if you’re really enterprising you can carve out the ammo cartridge and replace it with one from a lasgun.

enyoss

Gang Hero
Tribe Council
Jul 19, 2015
SL
I’m pretty sure the intention is to use the long rifle for a lasgun.

I mean, if you look at the picture of delaque weapons in GotU the laspistol and long rifle have a nearly identical core design - the main difference being the detail of the shell eject thingy on the rifle (which is barely noticeable and can always be filed off).

In a way it’s a blessing - you can use one weapon to represent two different loadouts!

I mean, it’s not like the delaque weapons are easy to distinguish anyway. I thought the new heavy flamer was a multi melta :D.

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
More stolen from garro without his consent for those who don't have face book

The next book is called something like “perils of the underhive”. the main focus is the bad zones and making the terrain and board more dangerous and engaging. The book has the artwork of Kal Jercho and Scabbs on the cover for those wondering. The book has the rules for all the new characters shown on Twitch and the HH weekender (all the cool artwork) alongside Kal and Scabbs. The main meat of the book is the bad zones which are 6 ‘zones’ you can play in, which have in game effects, and a table of ‘events’ that happen at the end of game turns, these are Environmental hazards ranging from power cuts, lightning storms, to carnivorous fungus attacking outlaying gangers. The bad zones and events are being released as a card set for ease of use, but all of it will be in the book. There is also a set of scenarios (one for each zone) which are themed around their attached zone. The book also contains a ‘bad zones trading post’ which is an expansion to the existing one which provides new weapons, ammo, and wargear that prove useful in the bad zones, some of which hearken back to rogue trader and 2nd edition (anti-plant grenades etc). The book also has updated rules for the Venator band that appeared in last years white dwarf.

the book should be coming out alongside Kal Jercho and Scabbs (which are a plastic set if anyone didn’t already know) the bad zone cards, and the card sleeves should also be coming out at the same time as well with Palatine Enforcers now confirmed as the plastic Q3 release.

Actually now really looking forward to it! It paves the way for how to do the extended settings on the eye etc quite.nicely

Some NPCs for flavour, a set of unique environments each with a scenario or two and a new trading post. Use each book to launch a vaguely attached faction and your good :).