New models incoming

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sectoris XII | Castrum Vindobona | Austria
It's mentioned in Folklore of Discworld... Apparently in the old days there wasn't really much clear distinction between vampires/zombies/werewolves and staking them into the coffin is definitely there.
In German the general term is "Wiedergänger" which is the exact translation of "Revenant" so "one who walks again". Going by the folklore, and as you said, that could be any number of stuff we specifically name today. Aaand I also have the Folklore of Discworld book. It lead me to dig up the entire ballad of Moore of Moore hall and the Dragon of Wantley one day. Good stuff.

Trafalgar Law

Gang Hero
Mar 14, 2017
Chorley, Lancashire, UK
The warhammer quest stuff looks really good. Only miss from the heroes for me is the sorcerous with the stupid headgear. All the villains look good too. Probably going to be out of my budget though.

The Light Elves are the usual mix of good and terrible with more silly hats, pointless half-triple stringed giant bow (seriously gw, learn how bows work, as rule of cool can quickly become rule of stupid otherwise) and more weird monsters instead of horses or Griffins or Unicorns or anything out of a normal bestiary. Shame because everything else looks good from the standard of AoS.

The new undead liche king looks good though. Hopefully they'll keep a similar aesthetic with the rest of the range and not jump the shark like they did with the Light Elves.

Jembo17

Gang Champion
Apr 27, 2013
Derbyshire, UK
Someone else mentioned that, and it makes sense now. People suspected to be Revenants were sometimes buried face down with a stake through them. The latter to keep them from rising, the former to try and confuse them so they dig downward instead of up if they do rise.

At least around here we did that, no idea what was popular elsewhere.
You learn something new everyday. :cool:

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Warning possible sump material incoming...

Zombies kinda sum up what bothers me in general with the 'new Geedubs'

Can we just have freaking zombies be zombies. They are the quintessential horde of human rable. Does every model have to be turned onto 11? Everything doesnt have to be super special if everything is special that makes the stuff that's supposed to be special not special.
Grognard I may be.
I like my fantasy vanilla. Where orcs are orcs, zombies are zombies and elf's are you get the picture here.

Otherwise love the setting of this new WHQ. If they truly make it it's own system with an open campaign I may jump in later. BSF is fun but there needs to be more focus on the game mechanics instead of what feels like gimmicks.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
Disagree on the zombies - they're great! Completely different take / asthetic on the normal "medieval zombie" trope. Love that they're clearly resurrected townspeople in their grave clothes, rather than the crop of a forgotten battlefield.

Also - clearly some Eastern influences filtering into GW models lately - the long beard on one of the heroes, the mad scientist characters, much of the Lumineth Aelves range.. Interesting to see, given than simultaneously we're about to see Cathay in WH3.
Zombies as "resurrected townspeople in their grave clothes" have been around for ages from other manufacturers in the past, just not as daft with tombstones on their backs - about as silly as ranked up arse sniffing ghouls!

High Elves have always been a mixture of Hellenistic and Eastern imagery...

Long beards of this style don't mean Eastern influence.

Reactions: Space Truckin

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Marvel Comics coming to Games Workshop stores...

Why couldn't it be Dark Horse? Despite the "parental advisory" on the cover, based on what I've seen with the various Conan series, Marvel isn't that edgy. Why does it have to be about Marneus Calgar, the vanilla of Ultramarines?

I want a Cato Sicarius series!

How about focusing on the The Fabulous Custodes?
Have you read the comic? It makes you really hate the imperium honestly - or at least that despotic justification of the method of making space marines. I would say it's a dark, confrontational interpretation of why the Astartes aren't exactly "noble".

Of course it could be deeper (more "Fehervari" or "Horror" or "Dembski-Bowden" or whatever else) but then I guess it isn't deeper than any old Inferno comic - nor the difference between Abnett's prose versus his more generic comics. Just introducing the staples of the dark millennium, and doing it suitably so.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
Have you read the comic? It makes you really hate the imperium honestly - or at least that despotic justification of the method of making space marines. I would say it's a dark, confrontational interpretation of why the Astartes aren't exactly "noble".

Of course it could be deeper (more "Fehervari" or "Horror" or "Dembski-Bowden" or whatever else) but then I guess it isn't deeper than any old Inferno comic - nor the difference between Abnett's average prose versus his more generic comics. Just introducing the staples of the dark millennium, and doing it suitably so.
I just found out about it and if it's as dark as you say, it might be worth picking up a $5.00 copy from my local GW - not that interested in variant covers.

Not expecting that much depth from a marvel comic, but judging bright colors of the cover, I assumed it's just pew pew pew.

Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
I've still got my old Warhammer Monthly comics somewhere...
I let my sub lapse in the late 90s...

I don't mind B&W, but some of the panels looked too busy and it was difficult to differentiate the details. Didn't know about the collected graphic novels and it's probably too late to find 'em for a decent price - really liked Malus Darkblade and might eventually purchase the novels.

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I just found out about it and if it's as dark as you say, it might be worth picking up a $5.00 copy from my local GW - not that interested in variant covers.

Not expecting that much depth from a marvel comic, but judging bright colors of the cover, I assumed it's just pew pew pew.
Well I'd never assume anything by publisher, I think Marvel has such a gamut of varied tones and styles. And of course there is a certain saying about covers. It's worth checking out - not special, just interesting how honest it is about the brutality of the setting.

Anyway, Issues 1-4 are out via comic stores & mail order - but it's good it will also be in gw. I do wonder how it has sold so far? :unsure:

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019
Concerning the zombies, the only thing I find jarring is that having the tombstones right on top of the coffin lids means really shallow graves. You'd think if they were suspected of being prone to rising from the dead they'd at least bury them at the normal depth.
Agree with you on that - tried to rationalise it as being the fault of the gravedigger, but that doesn’t make sense, as in that case, why are they staked?!

almic85

Gang Hero
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
Just as a contrast, I'm liking the Dragon Cult Acolytes models for Lord of the Rings:

They look like they could be something interesting in Necromunda with suitable hand/head swaps.
I saw those and immediately thought they would make a cool Mordheim assassin model, but they could easily be Orlocks or even male Escher or even Delaque without the trench coats.

Reactions: Mr. M and Ardavion

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
And people do vary substantially in height. Right now the game doesn't really help you have someone who is 5"3' alongside someone who is 6"3', nor someone who is 60kg alongside someone who is 120kg, within the same gang. The only exceptions are the comically large stimmer and the very tall arms master bodies, and the smaller prospects versus standard ganger bodies for Goliath and orlock.

Yet humans are very varied in height, and this keeps changing too.

The one concession to environmental effects on human bodies might the be cawdor range, which are closer to old metal cawdor in scale - unlike any other gang where there is substantial difference between old and new.

But then there should be size difference is my point, with tall, short and other bodies sizes in each kit or across multiple kits. So mixing a 25mm kit into the range, alongside other 28mm and then the new 32mm models? Why not :)