Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
enshot-2021-04-19-08-20-03-858-com-facebook-katana.png

Outpost posted this last week - it might not mean that preorders return the 10th (it may simply be existing items being able to be ordered).

Vertico

Gang Champion
Oct 2, 2019
Arnhem
Are you so sure?

According to this video, it might have to do with Brexit...👿

I heard there will be another edition of Age of $igmar in 2021, is this true? If true, I'm glad The General's Handbook 2017 was my last purchase, as I got screwed Blades of Khorne, though not so much with Beastclaw Raiders, as I wanted the rest of the Ogre faction, though disappointed over a lack of a Maneater list. I'll stick to free stuff and maybe track down some Fimirs, since Forge World put out their stats.
I'm actually quite sure.
Something in producing / shipping is biting them. May that be Brexit or still troubles with shipping due to Covid-stuff. it will be sorted out.
I think that the R&D of something like Cursed City has not yet seen a decent ROI.

I think when circumstances relax for GW that we will see a new run of Cursed City.

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Reactions: Tiny

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
I wasn’t even aware of GW bringing a new warehouse online in Nottingham as well as refitting the old one with a new stocktake system and automated packaging until I read an article and looked up their last board report.

Looks like there are some serious backend upgrades meant to be taking place this month in pretty much all of their distribution warehouses in the UK and US which would account for the shutdown.

cronevald

Gang Hero
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT

A few new things here: Flagellators are probably a hanger on, the Headsman is getting an in-book set of rules, and there's a brief mention of a faith mechanic at the end.
I was just reading that. I think I would like the Headsman more if the mini looked like the artwork here. It's still a static pose but I think it has quite a bit more menace than the model. More of a coiled snake than a big slow bulky guy you may be able to dodge or outrun.

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
House of Faith sounds pretty interesting. Though as a Cawdor fan since the 90s I may be a little biased.

Looks like flagellant models can be called into use here now too.

The four paths of Faith sound good too. Let’s hope that if this is their Genesmithing (as I once suggested) that it’s going to be useful and not something that you end up wincing over.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
House of Faith sounds pretty interesting. Though as a Cawdor fan since the 90s I may be a little biased.
Well.. they are currently my favorite House gang, aesthetically speaking at least, which surprises even me.
Though to be fair it's mostly due to the other house gangs being ruined in my eyes by their new additions, while Cawdor was fused with the freaking Redemptionists (and no dumb flying prospect, silly voodoo zombie champ or stupid rat-lizard critter to be seen).

I believe that's how my inner top 6 evolved through the various incarnations of the house gangs:
RankORBN17N20
1EscherEscherCawdor
2OrlockVan SaarOrlock
3DelaqueOrlockGoliath
4CawdorGoliathVan Saar
5Van SaarCawdorDelaque?
6GoliathDelaqueEscher

Zugg Zugg

Gang Champion
Oct 4, 2019
Shimane
risingsun-es.com
... are they releasing standardized versions of the major characteristics of the ork clans to maximize purchasing ability. They really go out of their way to say these are not snakebites. Next they'll make sneaky git orks who are not blood axes, wealthy well armed orks that aren't bad moon, loota mobs that aren't deathskull and ghaz but he isn't goff.

Not that I'm complaining if they do that since it'll be more orks

Last edited:

Unslain

Gang Hero
Nov 29, 2014
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
Besides the nob's bicorn hat and bosspole, I'd say the flash gitz are already there for the bad moons. Wouldn't surprise me if they did just as you suggest though and tried for the nostalgia factor in the model line (if not the rules).

I had hoped that we'd see a slightly raised posture in new ork sculpts, with their eyes about level with the top of their shoulders, kind of like the gunners look in the new buggies. That and a little straightening of the legs would be a pretty easy way to give them a height between that of human models and primaris. But hey ho, I'll have to wait and see how much bigger these beast snaggas are compared to the Brian Nelson boyz.

Reactions: Zugg Zugg

Zugg Zugg

Gang Champion
Oct 4, 2019
Shimane
risingsun-es.com
Besides the nob's bicorn hat and bosspole, I'd say the flash gitz are already there for the bad moons. Wouldn't surprise me if they did just as you suggest though and tried for the nostalgia factor in the model line (if not the rules).

I had hoped that we'd see a slightly raised posture in new ork sculpts, with their eyes about level with the top of their shoulders, kind of like the gunners look in the new buggies. That and a little straightening of the legs would be a pretty easy way to give them a height between that of human models and primaris. But hey ho, I'll have to wait and see how much bigger these beast snaggas are compared to the Brian Nelson boyz.
He looks more like the orks in the buggies than the Brian boyz

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
... are they releasing standardized versions of the major characteristics of the ork clans to maximize purchasing ability. They really go out of their way to say these are not snakebites. Next they'll make sneaky git orks who are not blood axes, wealthy well armed orks that aren't bad moon, loota mobs that aren't deathskull and ghaz but he isn't goff.

Not that I'm complaining if they do that since it'll be more orks
This was exactly my thought when I read the article and was going to say it here but you’ve beaten me to it!!

It really does seem like they’re scared to call them Snakebites in case someone, somewhere goes “oh, I don’t collect Snakebites so I can’t use them”. It’s like they’ve forgotten that 1990s Ork armies contained all the clanz.

While they’re were originally metal (now resin) the Kommandos are generic Orks, rather than Blood Axes as are the Stormboyz, but they got a plastic kit.

The plastic Flash Gits are a combination of the look of old Freebooters and the old Bad Moon Unit title.

You could argue the plastic bikers and buggies are all generic looking but should be more Evil Sunz.

It’s weird, they wouldn’t release a Space Wolf kit and go out of their way to suggest it could be taken by all marine players.

Why can’t they just call these new primitive Ork models Snakebites??