New models incoming

Condottiero Magno

Gang Champion
Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CrusadeandHeresy/posts/5394094707346020/

The wolfheads look better everywhere else on the body than as an helmet!

nc_ohc=lXO2pxHVD2cAX8ZWfSu&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl1-1.jpg

Last edited:

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
And then there’s this:
View attachment 158561

This book also contains extended rules for Escher and Goliath gangs, including unique vehicles
Ah yes, the ol’ “this is optional honestly - but if you want to use any of the unique vehicles or new fighter options you’ll have to buy this book”

Well, I for one welcome this as an option. If this is, as I suspect/hope, a bit like a D&D campaign expansion, you can either play in the utterly undefined "base" Necromunda, or advance your campaign like this. I see no obligation to buy it so far.
Actually I agree, I've said optional campaigns would be coming as they seem to have disconnected campaigns from the rules.

Where I think this may become an issue is that they’re also including all the house specific vehicles (and more fighter types?) rules in what I assume will be a 3 part series. So if you fancy any of them then you’ll need to get these books even if you only want to play Ash Wastes or regular Necromunda.

That doesn’t make it obligatory (none of them are) but it will mean another book if you want to use these things elsewhere.

Chaos Moomin

Gang Champion
Jun 30, 2018
UK
Those wolf helmets look like something you'd see on a 3rd party website as 'Space Knight Wolf Helmet' or something. I like some of the other upgrade heads (Sons of Horus and White Scars).

I wish I had a use for those kroot, because they look awesome.

Reactions: Tiny and Mr. M

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Those wolf helmets look like something you'd see on a 3rd party website as 'Space Knight Wolf Helmet' or something. I like some of the other upgrade heads (Sons of Horus and White Scars).

I wish I had a use for those kroot, because they look awesome.
Why not Necromunda bounty hunter?

Reactions: Pagumb

Wasteland

Gang Champion
Apr 7, 2018
Germany
Ah yes, the ol’ “this is optional honestly - but if you want to use any of the unique vehicles or new fighter options you’ll have to buy this book”

Actually I agree, I've said optional campaigns would be coming as they seem to have disconnected campaigns from the rules.

Where I think this may become an issue is that they’re also including all the house specific vehicles (and more fighter types?) rules in what I assume will be a 3 part series. So if you fancy any of them then you’ll need to get these books even if you only want to play Ash Wastes or regular Necromunda.

That doesn’t make it obligatory (none of them are) but it will mean another book if you want to use these things elsewhere.
Still love the setting but not the implementation. My Escher & Goliath will be adopted by Gaslands Refuelled for sure.

Reactions: MusingWarboss

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
This book also contains extended rules for Escher and Goliath gangs, including unique vehicles and petrol-head gang tactics, as well as new Dramatis Personae straight from the unfolding narrative, such as Lady Haera, the 13th Daughter of Lord Helmawr, who wields terrifyingly arcane weaponry from an earlier age.
Sigh, getting weary of this now... Ok Goliath snowmobile we've seen. Escher cat mount thoroughly predicted. What more extended rules do the house gangs need? I'm curious how much of this is more ash waste oriented and how much is hive?

Think I'm out. Whilst I've finally persuaded my Warcry group to try Necromunda we'll stick with GotU to get started. We can add in errata from the later books but keep people from feeling they need to buy anything more than a gangbox for now. That's the beauty of it.

Rules bloat aside, if you need models from Gang sprue + prospects sprue + unique vehicle sprue just to get started (and be competitive) then it's starting to get to be a much more costly game to introduce beginners to.

cronevald

Gang Hero
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT
Rules bloat aside, if you need models from Gang sprue + prospects sprue + unique vehicle sprue just to get started (and be competitive) then it's starting to get to be a much more costly game to introduce beginners to.
This is a big thing I struggle with, especially as I'm just now introducing the game to some new players. I've got a good collection of new and old so there's more than enough models to go round. I just can't bring myself to advise those players they should start buying in themselves.

Zugg Zugg

Gang Hero
Oct 4, 2019
Shimane
risingsun-es.com
Im confused on the mic drop. Not offended just feels like the punchline to a different joke then the one you setup :D
Yeah the Muslim punchline doesn't really match anything in 40k or 30k. But muzzles could work as a good punchline.

What do thousand son's call space wolf helmets?

Muzzles.

Why were the space Wolves surprised there were so many space marines on prospero?

They thought it there would only be a thousand.

Why did Horus change the Legion's name to son's of Horus?

He was sick of people mixing space Wolves and Luna Wolves up.

Reactions: Grenville

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored, Non-washer of Minis
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Is it Grimdarkier to leave the almost dead marine wearing a helmet when encasing them in dreadnaught armor than it is to have them literally entombed in the armor? Or is a marines helmet better protection than the dreadnaught? Because I’m not getting the peakaboo look they’ve gone with.

Reactions: Mr. M