New models incoming

I loved 'em, great for gesturing/threatening.
Just get a riding crop!

Another option is an OOP Command Caliper...

pqstuff.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Troubled Child
Surprised (Not surprised, given that it was at ReallyEarlyInTheMorning o'clock) there haven't been any comments on the LVO reveals before now.

Kill Team releases look a bit phoned in, but the Night Lords look pretty cool (I'm sure I've seen them teased before?) - the terrain looks ridiculous, but the recent setting has been a bit of a dud in my opinion.

Warcry... the models were clearly designed by someone who hates having feet on the ground, but if you remove the Tactical Rocks and the heads from the vowelves, they might be interesting conversion fodder of some description.

The new Kroot are amazing. Pair them up with the Farstalker Kinband Kill Team for extra variety. I'm intrigued about the other new models they hint at.

Don't care about the new AoS books. The five new models feel very much phoned in, with seemingly a lot of repeat sculpts from earlier models (you can pick out bits here and there where you can go "I'm sure I've seen that on [insert mini name here]"), although the rogue seems to be a bit of a change.

Zondara's Gravebreakers look like a solid start for a Vampire Counts Mordheim warband (necromancer and zombies, at least). Too bad they'll vanish from the store, both in stock and overall availability. Even zombies get tactical rocks!

HH Solar Auxilia... It's nice they're finally in plastic, I guess. They've really gone full Imperial Guard for the models, in terms of the repeated blandness (I'm pretty sure they're a step down in variety from the FW resin versions), so I'm surprised that GW didn't release these sooner - these new models couldn't have taken this long to design/redesign. I'd be happy to buy a squad or two, but I'd need alternative heads to have something different going on. The Aethon looks nice, if cobbled together from a bunch of pre-existing 40k models (sentinel legs, old-school dreadnaught torso), and I can't care about the tanks.

HH Solar Auxilia... It's nice they're finally in plastic, I guess. They've really gone full Imperial Guard for the models, in terms of the repeated blandness
Yeah they appear to have lost the esoteric character of the FW ones. I don't play the modern game so I don't know how many you need for an army but a few extra bits would probably be enough to add it back in for a platoon sized force, beyond that it's going to get repetitive, depending on how the kits are designed. Interested enough to wait for sprue photos or YT kit bash videos.

Reactions: Ardavion
I'll take that weird generator thing if it ever goes on super sale like the Fronteris platform ($36) and ditto on the Gravebreakers, would mix in well with some of the other undead warbands for Frostgrave.
Agreed on the generator, looks like a neat little riser too. Most of the Sector Mechanicus Terrain is on the extremely high side to accommodate 40k, so having some things that are only 2-3" high would be nice.

I like a fair bit of the stuff announced but all of it for various kitbashing/conversion fodder for other games.

The new Lumineth war cry models immediately struck me as perfect sand ins for the unreleased high elf bloodbowl team or even for extra variety in an Elven Union team. Seriously look at the poses compared to the bloodbowl teams and they have basically copied them.

The witch hunter looks interesting for Mordheim, but I have enough of them already and the rest of his crew don’t really fit.

The solar auxilia look interesting, and I like old tanks, but I can’t justify another game system. Maybe I could squeeze some into and ash wastes vehicle/gang.

Kroot are ok, if you like Kroot. They just always seemed like a bad add-on for Tau that goes in and out of fashion.

Both the mandrakes and chaos space marines look meh. Boring poses, not a lot of detail. Basically a waste of kill team sprues.

The Night Lords have too much blank space on the legs compared to the amount of effort that has gone into their comical horror helmets and their weapons look like they have tried to give them a nostalgia kick that doesn’t quite fit the new scale.

The mandrakes are just boring models. They seem to have put all their flare into moulding the magical flames on their weapons/hands and I’m just not a fan of having magical effects modelled onto the actual model. Also why are magical shadow monsters walking around with bloody torches. It’s stupid.

Did I miss any of the other models released?

Oh, the shadow crone looks pretty, and would be a nice centre piece model, but I don’t play AoS so have no real care for it.

And the night haunts as always look like a comical version of a horror idea. It’s like GW wanted to make a proper horror faction, but corporate scaled them back so they didn’t scale the parents of young kiddies and now they look like they belong in a spider man comic.

Reactions: Mr. M
I'd like to suggest that the Mandrakes and Night Lords aren't Kill Team sprues, it's just they've mostly run out of ideas and (probably of greater importance) want to get updated plastic releases out for their 40k armies but without the usual codex/new release schedule. Have the assault termies come out yet? 'cuz that'd be another good candidate for a "Kill Team"...

Reactions: Zugg Zugg and Mr. M
Yeah they appear to have lost the esoteric character of the FW ones. I don't play the modern game so I don't know how many you need for an army but a few extra bits would probably be enough to add it back in for a platoon sized force, beyond that it's going to get repetitive, depending on how the kits are designed. Interested enough to wait for sprue photos or YT kit bash videos.
Yes. The answer to how many you need is yes.

In a standard Horus Heresy game (3000pts), you can easily look at upwards of 70-100 marines on the table at a minimum of 10pts/model, even with a mechanized force. Solar Auxilia basic infantry, which plays like the Guard did back in 4th Ed (albeit with a 4+ save) and with a platoon-like structure per slot to boot (0-1 command section, 1-3 rifle sections), costs half of that.

It's certainly the kind of army in which you're more often than not to be spending more points on artillery and tanks than on infantry, even if you have a lot of the latter.

Last edited:
In a standard Horus Heresy game (3000pts), you can easily look at upwards of 70-100 marines on the table at a minimum of 10pts/model, even with a mechanized force. Solar Auxilia basic infantry, which plays like the Guard did back in 4th Ed (albeit with a 4+ save) and with a platoon-like structure per slot to boot (0-1 command section, 1-3 rifle sections), costs half of that.
Oof! That's a lot. Fingers crossed it's a proper multipart kit then.