New models incoming

That´s why it is more prudent playing 2nd 40K with your modern Imp army. Model count is way less and you can get away with a single battle tank and a Sentinel. Later Gee-Dubbs invented the rule of 3 meaning folks would buy multiples of three for a lot of stuff.

I for one am pleased that the metal Snotlings are coming back. I could do with a few more bases for 2nd Ed 40k!!

I need to check how those old Snotlings compare to the 1:72 goblins that I've recently been working on...

Oof! That's a lot. Fingers crossed it's a proper multipart kit then.
I wouldn't keep my hopes up on that. With the exception of Sergeants and Command Section Troop Masters, Auxilia Infantry Tercios are practically a platoon armed with nothing but lasrifles and maybe bayonets at +1pt/model. Sure, they also have access to the usual 1/squad upgrades like vox, auspex, and banner, but that's about it.

If you're looking for infantry-based special or heavy weapons as Solar Auxilia, you're really just going to be stuck with Volkite Chargers, Storm Axes (two-handed power axes), Rotor Cannons, and Heavy Flamers, and only via Veletaris Tercios (which are normally an Elites choice). Any other source of such weapons are in the faction's expansive motorpool.

Last edited:
The Orc and Goblin battalion box is sooo uninspiring.

4 units of basic mobs, and the only "special" thing is duplicated.
Couldn't agree more (although its only 3 units of mobs). 30 orc boys in one unit seems like a lot for a starter box. I'd have rather seen the second chariot and a third of the boys replaced with some boarboys or wolf riders.

Me neither. They seem to have abandoned that as a concept for reasons I will never understand.
It's the nature of how they do their master sculpts these days. It really is little more than a CAD file.

Having said that, arms and heads are likely going to be the parts that get swapped around, just like it was with the newer Mk III and Mk VI kits.

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou
Couldn't agree more (although its only 3 units of mobs). 30 orc boys in one unit seems like a lot for a starter box. I'd have rather seen the second chariot and a third of the boys replaced with some boarboys or wolf riders.
The way I'd have done it, which is probably not commercially feasible but anyway, is have different flavours of orcs and goblins in different battalion boxes - savage orcs and forest goblins, night goblins and cave trolls, and then try make the more generic orc and goblin force a bit more flavourful.

Reactions: Tiny and Wasteland
The issue is that they will want/need to start with the generic orcs and goblins and include enough “baseline” troops to actually make a viable base for an army.

That essentially boils down to two melee units, 1 ranged unit, and 1-2 flavour models.

Also keep in mind that the orc “battalion” box isn’t a “core” set like the Brettonian and Khemri boxes, and while it has roughly the same number of models as the Brettonian box, a big portion of the Brettonian box is knights, and Pegasi.

Hopefully it makes them significantly more affordable!

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou
The issue is that they will want/need to start with the generic orcs and goblins and include enough “baseline” troops to actually make a viable base for an army.

That essentially boils down to two melee units, 1 ranged unit, and 1-2 flavour models.

Also keep in mind that the orc “battalion” box isn’t a “core” set like the Brettonian and Khemri boxes, and while it has roughly the same number of models as the Brettonian box, a big portion of the Brettonian box is knights, and Pegasi.

Hopefully it makes them significantly more affordable!
Sure, but that means it's soooo dull, for an army that usually gets by on being wacky / fun.

New Delaque Bounty Hunter

MFgzFvqjTgYgEsaN.jpg

Seems like he’ll be impossible to kill off.

xGWqafduP6VDiiSK.jpg

Just going to make a little prediction.

IMO Warhammer The Old World is DOA.

£36 for 3 old Bretonnian knights and £50 for 12 old metal infantry is frankly insane. £100+ units is why fantasy died in the first place.

Also, old metal Tomb King £9. New resin Tomb King £23. Mental.
This release is intended for scalpers and whales only. Grognards who love R&F went to play other games when Gee-Dubbs decided to shoot the Old World behind a barn. All this seems to me an attempt to defile it´s corpse by trying to make a swift buck. Just a despicable act of hobby necromancy.

The rules actually look quite good. Lots of good bits from various previous editions, plus cool stuff from Warhammer Historicals. I'm interested to play it, just not with old overpriced GW minis. The starter sets seem like OK value. Its just the extra units that are insanely priced which will push players away.

Judging by the amount of it that is out of stock (though I haven't checked how many listings are already on eBay), I don't think it will vanish quickly. I suppose that at some point they will have to make a judgment on if they want to replace the metals with new plastics. I'm very suspicious of the fact that the plastic core units like Knights of the Realm aren't available separately yet and we therefore don't know the price of them. Also the rulebook/armylist/specialarmylist/carddeck arrangement is giving me newcromunda flashbacks.

Reactions: Tiny