New models incoming

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
Well it now makes sense why Forge World stopped selling their zone Mortalis floor tiles last month if it’s going to become a main GW promise.

If it’s like the old forge world ones they will be a one piece floor tile and wall.

Spenetrator

Ganger
Apr 2, 2018
York, UK
I don't get it - If Zone Mortalis becomes 3D - isn't it just Sector Mechanicus? (Really wish they'd just called it 2.5D Vs 3D because i can't read ZM or SM without my brain dawdling over which is which.)

Reactions: {GMA}Rabid Caribou

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Zone Mortalis rules and terrain existed in 40k before N17 was released.

The 40k rules were designed to represent fighting in an enclosed space (tunnels, spacecraft, buildings, etc) and were largely written and supported by Forge World in the same way 30k is.

As a part of their support Forge World created plastic gaming tiles to use as the board, however the tiles had the walls already moulded onto them in the same patterns that exist in the Necromunda box set.

In short the N17 cardboard tiles are a cheaper copy of the expensive plastic Zone Mortalis tiles that FW used to sell.

Reactions: Petitioner's City

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Well it now makes sense why Forge World stopped selling their zone Mortalis floor tiles last month if it’s going to become a main GW promise.

If it’s like the old forge world ones they will be a one piece floor tile and wall.
If they are like the ForgeWorld ones that would be surprising. I’m not sure they can cast plastic like that. Even the Chinese scenery that is sprueless is in kit form.

What more likely is they are a flat 1’x1’ square panel with the floor plate patterns and the walls are separate.

Now it could be that they are designed to make a set where the walls are in a fixed position and you just assemble it. Or it could be that you can make the wall patterns you want and glue them down. Who knows.

kendoka

Ganger
Nov 20, 2015
Skellefteå, Sweden
New Necromunda book released on Nov 9 th.
Low Lives by Denny Flowers
Denny: “Numerous tales are recounted of the outlaws and desperados who plague the underhive. But Low Lives is the story of a hero who fights injustice for only a modest fee, a champion who will take a stand providing the room stops spinning. His name is Caleb Cursebound, and he is extremely hungover.”

Zamerion2

Sep 27, 2019
New Necromunda book released on Nov 9 th.
Low Lives by Denny Flowers
Denny: “Numerous tales are recounted of the outlaws and desperados who plague the underhive. But Low Lives is the story of a hero who fights injustice for only a modest fee, a champion who will take a stand providing the room stops spinning. His name is Caleb Cursebound, and he is extremely hungover.”

wow thanks for the info! Something more related? scenery?

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Issy-les-Moulineaux 92130 France
As a part of their support Forge World created plastic gaming tiles to use as the board, however the tiles had the walls already moulded onto them in the same patterns that exist in the Necromunda box set.
Weren't the FW ZM tiles(expensive) resin? I thought it was the reason people were getting excited at the prospect of plastic ZM tile.

Reactions: Chivers7

Gunkaiser

Gang Champion
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
At this point I'd prefer the cardboard tiles if only for the price point (of course the tile pack is oop and expensive as hell, so...)

Reactions: dabbk and Aulenback

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
So really, the best money to be made would be with a low cost cardboard tiles, and cheap plastic NM bulkheads? Ah, but those use the words "low cost" and "cheap," two words which send the profit-monitors into fits. Better to make $147 profit off of ONE customer, than make $20 profit each off of 147 customers, am I right? Right? Right? Guys? Where did you go?

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Supporter
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
If the walls are available separately it’ll be a wonderful boon for making terrain. They could be used as base pieces for risers and to add an extra level to the terrain kits. Cramped corridors and tunnel sections on sector mechanicus tables and whatnot.

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
The fun part is that so far with every plastic release for Necromunda, they managed to make it also attractive to non Necromunda players... I even suspect a significant portion of people who bought ambots for example never ever played Necromunda.

So, ZM tiles/walls/whatever would be a pretty sweet hit in that direction, if you ask me.

I'd love a new boxsed set, with updated rulebook - a cheaper version, pretty please? kind of like an outlanders setting... but honestly I'd take another book of XXX with a cool plastic terrain set for ZM style fighting!

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
I'm turning into that guy, every week I scour the forge world pages looking for the "sooner than expected" subjugators. Come on forgeworld I need to spread my purchase around!

Reactions: Paupoi

KuStrife

Juve
Jun 4, 2018
Granada, España
I'm turning into that guy, every week I scour the forge world pages looking for the "sooner than expected" subjugators. Come on forgeworld I need to spread my purchase around!
We should ask Andy Hoare how much sooner he can expect something to happen, maybe it's just a matter of perspective.

However here are some hobbit personalities no one asked for!

However here are some hobbit personalities no one asked for!
I understand there must be some sort of demand for LOTR but I just don't get it. Overall the minis look like metal GW minis from the 90s. The lore is explored and set in stone. My friend and I are always let down when it's LOTR news.

Rough week for news.

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
That’s because they are old metal minis being rereleased.
I don’t think they’ve made a new LOTR minis for ten or so years.

1 comments
Reactions: Spenetrator

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
Sorry, but both these claims are false, the new hobbits are resin, as are many recent LOTR releases, and there are new plastic ones from GW main studio e.g King of the Dead. Some old metals have been re-released, e.g Ruffians.

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Yeah I feel the “LotR news is no news” thing. It’s pretty much just “Here’s some models we’re contractually obliged to release”.

I’m sure it is still played and enjoyed out there but... LotR was cool 15-20 years ago. Hobbit didn’t fare too well. Apart from hardcore Tolkinites (who probably have all this stuff) the actual market must be going down as time passes.

1 comments

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
as a “hardcore tolkeinite” i did buy up all the original LotR Game stuff. I was also severely disappointed that its scale was different to the rest of GW’s stuff. when it came time to thin down my collection, it was one of the first things to go.

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
Their will be the issue that they paid for the licence to make the models and may have to keep producing stuff to keep it. Aren't Amazon making a TV series that might see interest go up again?