New models incoming

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
But doing that you had to houserule as well, otherwise under the random selection rule you'll have more profile to pick : 1 with only a stub gun, and one you'd want to use,
I don't think any houserule is needed. There is nothing in the rules that forces you to make a fighter card for every weapon in a fighter's personal 'inventory', is it? RAW, I think you can purchase an Enforcer (it comes with a 'free' stub gun), buy them a Boltgun and 2 Shock Staves, and make them one fighter card that uses the boltgun and the shock staves. The stub gun would then just sit there in their inventory and gather dust.
Now, if you do make them a fighter card using the stub gun, I don't know if you are allowed to 'destroy' it at some point in the future. The rules simply don't cover this.

Petitioner's City

Gang Champion
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I don't think any houserule is needed. There is nothing in the rules that forces you to make a fighter card for every weapon in a fighter's personal 'inventory', is it? RAW, I think you can purchase an Enforcer (it comes with a 'free' stub gun), buy them a Boltgun and 2 Shock Staves, and make them one fighter card that uses the boltgun and the shock staves. The stub gun would then just sit there in their inventory and gather dust.
Now, if you do make them a fighter card using the stub gun, I don't know if you are allowed to 'destroy' it at some point in the future. The rules simply don't cover this.
I don't think that's right, though, I think you need to keep the original card (but can fill it up), alongside a new card? Otherwise what is the point of the random shuffling intending to show off a character caught unaware?

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou

DerekDecker

Gang Champion
Apr 1, 2017
Meh, RAW you can't even give non leader/champ loadout until they have at least 3 weapon and you try to give them another.

Iu9AIeW.jpg

It's a dumb rule, and there're still no meaningful way to permanently upgrade performance of the low tier weapon, the limited ammo feel like a huge credit sink in a long campaign.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Well, in this case, my fighter starts with 4 weapons.
But yeah, they "have to" fill multiple cards, so I guess there is no avoiding the stub gun card...

Malys

Aug 19, 2019
Seems under the current rule limitation, an Enforcer cannot equip a SLHG Ram + Shield. SLHG counts as 2 weapons, but it's not unwieldy (meaning it can be used 1 handed). So for the SLHG Ram/shield combo you need a 2nd card, or to ignore the rule not allowing you to discard weapons

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
I might be late to the party on this

but can you only give enforcers two weapons? They start with a stub gun, I assume that takes up a slot?
According to RAW yes. However, want to play more in the "spirit" of Necromunda, nothing would break if you give fighters 4, 5, 6 or more weapons. Additionally, nothing would break if you moved the included stub gun to stash. It's just arbitrary limitations made without apparent reasons.

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
Btw they stole my house rule for Impetuous skill when they made Blood Lust skill. Impetuous is such a mediocre situation skill that it could easily be combined with Blood Lust and still not be "top tier".

Petitioner's City

Gang Champion
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
One way to sort this would be to add a weapon loss rule to the game; there are too many credits in the base game, and high rarity is too easy to obtain. If all weapons had a chance they could permanently break, or that all were weapons had a more likely to break function related to their rarity, it would be intriguing to see what would happen instead. And it would redeem the humble stubgun 🤔

Paupoi

Gang Champion
Jul 6, 2013
Barcelona, Sabadell
That would be a no fun rule though.

3 comments
Reactions: BearsWillEatYou

Petitioner's City

Gang Champion
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
It would help make plasma, etc, become more rare and valuable though, as it could break :unsure:

I was really struck by how limited and fragile expensive weapons were in (for example) Terminal Overkill. I wished the game reflected that everything from an axe to a plasma gun to a rad cannon to a crsd sniffer to armour can break down for good.

Imagine if when a weapon fails an ammo check, a cc weapon is given an ammo dice roll and fails, or armour or wargear is used in or out of game (excluding exotic beasts and brutes) you roll 3d6 and substract the rarity of the item. If the number is 3 or less, then it breaks for good? House weapons could be treated as rare 8 in this case, or just rare 6 (the minimum value). It makes going outlaw that little bit more dangerous (although we made all common items available from the black market too).

Last edited:

Paupoi

Gang Champion
Jul 6, 2013
Barcelona, Sabadell
If you think there's too much plasma in the Underhive then make it more expensive. Or turn Plasma into special weapons and limit the number of gangers who have access to it. I believe adding more and complicated rules instead of fixing what you dislike is poor game design. So is taking away stuff players believe they earned.

Just trying to be helpful here really.

Reactions: TopsyKretts

DerekDecker

Gang Champion
Apr 1, 2017
With that kind of slide for the door you'd think it'd be logical for GW to make a shutter (vertically open) door. But nah.

Always want to crush some fool with that door......... Just kidding, I don't, don't want to spend 300 dollars for that.

Allart

Juve
Mar 4, 2017
So... Only four sprues of walls (eight long, two short) but six sprues of pillars (twelve)... Did I get It wrong?

It does not seem... Ideal.

Chivers7

Gang Champion
Oct 22, 2017
Hampshire, UK
Piece (Number of squares it covers)Number
Column (1)12
Large wall (2)2
Small wall (1)8
Large door (2)2
Small door (1)2
Large platform (3)2
Small platform (1)20?
Not totally sure about the number of platforms, some squares seem smaller than others.
So how many columns and walls are needed for the tile sets from underhive and Badzone delta?

I feel like I’ve seen a table for those somewhere on Yak before?!

Deckard_2049

Ganger
Nov 20, 2017
California
I do kinda want to get walls to use with my card tiles, but do we know for sure these new walls were scaled to fit on the outlined sections on the card tiles?

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
So how many columns and walls are needed for the tile sets from underhive and Badzone delta?

I feel like I’ve seen a table for those somewhere on Yak before?!
I made this a few pages ago:

Reactions: Chivers7

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Thats crazy.
Why even bother trying to sell it.

1 comments

Paupoi

Gang Champion
Jul 6, 2013
Barcelona, Sabadell
I'm gonna guess there's people with lots of disposable income and people richer than most of us who can afford it. Hell, there's people with poor impulse control who can't afford it and will buy it anyway so there's your answer.

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
That is 165 Australian dollars more than GW UK are charging, and more than twice the price that discount shops are selling it for at the current exchange rate. WTF?

1 comments

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
I’ve heard good things about that website, but have not yet tried it myself.
Free shipping for orders over $70 as well is pretty good of them. It’s too bad that the discounted Book of Ruin is $68. I guess I’ll just have to buy something else to go with it.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
On the bright side, ZM bases are actually packaged as 15 x 25mm + 15 x 32mm + 5 x 40mm. Still not ideal but way better the 10 / 10 /10 spread I've seen listed before.