• YakTribe will be migrated to a new server on Monday night, April 12th after 2am GMT and should be available on Tuesday morning.

New Necromunda Campaign by MgM

Apr 22, 2020
Hello,

I drastically think Necromunda is under-represented on youtube so I set out in 2020 to fix that. I am getting ready to start working on our next campaign and would like to ask for your help in just getting things right. I would also like soundboards for ideas on the narrative elements of the campaign. Then we'll play the games and watch it all come to life.

For those unfamiliar with my channel, it is Miniature Game Montage. I am currently working on season 3 which I'm calling Shadows of Primus and you'll get a sneak peak throughout the campaign. The primary antagonist at least to start will be House Delaque as they spread information...or misinformation. The first episode narrative will start in a bar where Goliath is looking for Delaque. Delaque brokered deal between Goliath and Orlock and essentially screwed both of them. So episode 1 will be Goliath vs. Delaque (new to the channel).

We're going to be playing a Dominion campaign which will be new to me. I am working on the initial gangs and loadouts now while painting up the rest of the forces. Questions to come as I get deeper into the rabbit hole. :)

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
hey MGM Arbitrator!
just subbed and watched the last Escher vs goliath fight! Great stuff!
i really like your diligent approach and especially like the muzzle flash of the weapons!

an idea I would definately enjoy seeing is if you use yaktribers as ganger names! So the goliath leader is called CaptainDangerous the leader of the orlock called @ClockworkOrange an the leader of the delaque called @spafe etc.
it would be fun to have a simulation of Clones vs Trolls vs hatters! And maybe include Atomic Dump (sethmerlin) as a one off special character?

Reactions: Arbitrator81
Apr 22, 2020
Thank you! :) I'm just now learning all that muzzle flash stuff. I'll see if I can drop a few Easter eggs in there for you. I enjoy doing stuff like that. I've dropped things in from Starship Troopers, Mad Max, Alien(s) and more.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous
Apr 22, 2020
I know your channel and I also like the way the games are presented. I'm looking forward to what's to come and wish you a lot of fun.

P.S .: Incidentally, I always search for example with "necromunda -wars" on YT, because otherwise you almost only get results from the video game.
That's interesting! Thanks for sharing. The youtube algorithm is a fickle mistress so it's hard for smaller channels to get found.

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Consider yourself found. I love Necromunda, but I've also been into WWII stuff pretty big lately. Had a quick peek at your uploads, saw Necromunda, Bolt Action and Flames of War, 20-30 minute videos, good looking thumbnails. I'll definitely be having a closer look at your channel.

Reactions: Arbitrator81
Apr 22, 2020
Consider yourself found. I love Necromunda, but I've also been into WWII stuff pretty big lately. Had a quick peek at your uploads, saw Necromunda, Bolt Action and Flames of War, 20-30 minute videos, good looking thumbnails. I'll definitely be having a closer look at your channel.
Oh, great. Thank you. I try to make my reports bite size. What takes us 2-3 hours is normally edited down and captured in 20-30 minutes. That's a bit how I differentiate. Kind of like battle reports for busy people. :)

I quite enjoy the WWII scene as well!

Reactions: MedMos
Apr 22, 2020
Hey guys. First four gangs are up. Can someone give me a verification check to make sure they are legal? In the last campaign we screwed up some starting skills and weapons. I've tried to make them WYSIWYG and by the rule of cool more than pound face lists. For us it's all about the narrative. I appreciate the extra set of eyes.

Thunderhawks of House Goliath https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/thunderhawks.162027/
Dark Syndicate of House Delaque https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/dark_syndicate.162077/
The Nines of House Escher https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/the_nines.162263/
The Enforcer Vanguard https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/vanguard_.162266/
Corpse Grinder Cult Crimson Fane https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/the_crimson_fane.162470/

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018
Reading
Had a quick look over, and they all look legal to me. Slight oddities are:
The Bulging Biceps skill on the Goliath leader, as he doesn't currently have any two-handed Unwieldy equipment to benefit from it.
All of the doubled up armour on the Delaque gang, though I'd assume that's just a side effect of the GotU starting flak armour. Might be worth deleting the unsused flak?
Most of the gangs having credits left over, in one case enough for a whole other fighter- though I'd guess that's deliberate to keep each gang at 6 members.

Will have to check out those videos soon. :)

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020
Had a quick look over, and they all look legal. Slight oddities are:
The Bulging Biceps skill on the Goliath leader, as he doesn't currently have any two-handed Unwieldy equipment to benefit from it.
All of the doubled up armour on the Delaque gang, though I'd assume that's just a side effect of the GotU starting flak armour. Might be worth deleting the unsused flak?
Most of the gangs having credits left over, in one cases enough for a whole other fighter- though I'd guess that's deliberate to keep each gang at 6 members.

Will have to check out those videos soon. :)
Perfect thank you! I think I rolled for them and meant to change it and didn't. That's exactly why I wanted to post them here. I'll check on the Flak as well and maybe add one more Delaque guy.

Apr 22, 2020
Hey, you caught it. :) For the insider Yak exclusive...I have 4 more Arms Masters and Wreckers to assemble. That will be done today. I should have them painted and the tiles done next week as I'm off from work. I've ordered some additional enforcers to have more bodies for them.

In the background I've been setting up the first game, hence the trailer. I just got too excited. Goliath vs. Delaque will be up first. Delaque apparently has been very...sneaky and will play a key role in the initial narrative. :)