N18 New Player - Delaque List

grassfinn

Jun 12, 2023
I'm new to Necromunda, I played a test game with some friends last week and decided to get the Delaque gang and Nactghul box. I've made a few test gangs through the help of my friends and want to see how I can improve upon it with some of the tricks Delaque has. I want to use the psyches but I know there aren't as efficient as some of the other units. Here are the links to my test builds.
Build 1
Just a pretty standard around gang

Build 2
Beefed up a psygheist with the harness

Build 3
Added the brute but I'm not sure how effective he could be.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey bud, welcome to the underhive!

Had a quick look at the lists and none seem (to me) particularly bad (which is good)

I think it will depend if you're playing as a campaign or skirmish games, Build 1 would seem to be best for a campaign as you've got a decent mix of toys 'n' boys (equipment and gang members) , build 3, although a meaty list, has fewer gang members in it so youll likely be outnumbered in most games and you'll only need to lose one guy ( if you get to start with all 6 dudes)to start making bottle checks (which can suck)

Really though I'd say it comes down to what you think will be most fun/cool to play with 😊

From what I've read of Delaque and what I've heard from a few diffrent folks, Delaque can be quite finesse-y and a tad fiddly to figure out but when you do get the hang of them they're awesome!

Hey bud, welcome to the underhive!

Had a quick look at the lists and none seem (to me) particularly bad (which is good)

I think it will depend if you're playing as a campaign or skirmish games, Build 1 would seem to be best for a campaign as you've got a decent mix of toys 'n' boys (equipment and gang members) , build 3, although a meaty list, has fewer gang members in it so youll likely be outnumbered in most games and you'll only need to lose one guy ( if you get to start with all 6 dudes)to start making bottle checks (which can suck)

Really though I'd say it comes down to what you think will be most fun/cool to play with 😊

From what I've read of Delaque and what I've heard from a few diffrent folks, Delaque can be quite finesse-y and a tad fiddly to figure out but when you do get the hang of them they're awesome!
Thank you! This is the final list I went with. I subbed some of the ghosts for a juve and made my spec into a sniper, one downside is that my ghosts and juves don't have armor but I should be able to get some for them after a few play sessions. I will just have to learn to play safe. I really wanted to run a psygeist and it seems like you need the worm to make it work so that cost some extra creds but hopefully, my phantom with fixer will solve that issue and get the creds back

Reactions: drdrybrush
You'll make the creds in no time 😊 have a look for Commander Cheapskate on YouTube, he's got a bunch of videos on gang list/build ideas you might like

Seems fairly rounded. Gangers and juves are for pinning the initially your champions and leader do the heavy lifting. Web is very strong.
You could skip backup weapons initially and get a armour suit here and there.