• YakTribe will be migrated to a new server on Monday night, April 12th after 2am GMT and should be available on Tuesday morning.

Update New server migration incoming (Completed) - Report issues here

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
I'm currently building out a new server to migrate the 'tribe to and will give some advance notice on when that will occur. Likely later next week to try and have it completed by the weekend. Since this requires extensive data copy and DNS changes, downtime will be many hours.

The intent is to utilize some newer VPS hardware for some extra performance and some other changes that I'd prefer to do from scratch like PHP 7.4, caching, nginx and some server optimizations. Additionally, it will allow me to place the VPS on a new private vlan to add new complimentary servers. The first of which will be a dedicated elasticsearch node for XenForo to communicate with on the backend, hopefully be implemented at the same time as the new server. Following that will be a new dedicated managed database node.

This is also preparation to allow a new backend node I'm designing which is the first step in rebuilding the system into a modern frontend and backend, including a full REST API and a graphQL interface.

I'll post updates here as I get closer to a migration date.

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
I've finished the necessary changes and configurations for the new server and will be attempting the migration this Wednesday the 31st after 10 EST or 2am GMT. No services on YakTribe will be available during this time.

The migration will require DNS changes which in most circumstances is fairly fast but in the case where you are still visiting the locked for maintenance version on Thursday, please ensure your DNS cache is updated.

Reactions: Seracain and MedMos

Andrinor1

Dec 8, 2020
Whenever I try to click the check mark to add the event, I just get a exclamation mark and a red bar at the bottom of my screen. I've tried re-writing it, checking the HTML formatting of it, nothing seems to work.
In addition to this, when I try to send a captured unit to their captors using the button, absolutely nothing happens. Is this a bug as well?

Reactions: Malo

punky616

Jan 18, 2019
getting a http 500 error, server is refusing to acknowledge push requests at the moment, could be due to the server migration? Unknown. Confirmed the issue is consistent across 5 different people (all the players in my current campaign)

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Campaign events should be working now for Necromunda tools.

I'm not sure what's going on with the Send to Captor button, I'll need to look at that later tonight.