N18 New to Necromunda

Scaly_Arab

Apr 28, 2021
Hi all,

Am confused about what I need to get started playing necromunda. I downloaded the community edition rules from here, but then also came across another set of rules called "Necromunda Comprehensive Rulebook v7.03".

What is the better way to go? Any advice to get started?

Thanks,

Matt

Atromix

Juve
Feb 27, 2019
The community edition is a different game compared to GW's official Necromunda game. The NCR 7.03 rulebook is a compilation of many of the official GW books whereas the community edition rulebook contains the rules for the version of Necromunda made and updated by the community here.

Reactions: Scaly_Arab

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
The completion book is a solid start for the current version of necromunda. It might be a bit hard to get exact edition down because there's alot of division added in this site (it's largely to help older players help figure out exactly what newer players are using for rules questions but also comes with some neck beard grumpy I only point this out as I found it hyper discouraging at first until I understood it) but I'd say if you are looking for new style necromunda the ncr is a good start and nce should be ignored entirely. Either way welcome and always remember to have fun

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
There are basically 2 editions:

• N95 (1995)
    • Brown book (early 2000s)
    • NCE (Community edition)
  • N17 (new edition in 2017)
    • N18
    • N19
    • N20
So your NCE rules are based on 1st edition ('95), while your "comprehensive" is based on N17. The thing is that rules change fast now.