New Yaks Eve 2019 Hobby Resolutions

Howie

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Nov 27, 2017
Uk
1. Paint more! I've so much scenery and so many little guys to paint it's insane. The plan is to practice batch painting various IG and improve upon a one mini per month average!

2. More games

3. Develop the skills needed to make a scrapyards themed table. This will be a long term project and no rush, but sooner started sooner finished!

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia
My goals are (with hopeful timelines)
1. Finish my sector prom refinery (2-4weeks)
2. Build/paint 9 new slaves (1 techno, 7 slaves, 1 fighter/gorg 2.0) (4-8 weeks)
3. Make my star wars inspired Caravan piece with guilder and guide. (4 weeks)
4. Build 2x2 raised board tiles complete with seperate sump piece and toll bridge (god fuckin knows)
5. Start my narrative campaign (ongoing)
6. successfully parent my first child whilst maintaining my relationship and sanity
7. Realise that step 6 massively takes priority now and that my progress on 1-5 will be painfully slower now. :oops::D

Last edited:

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
@Punktaku don’t underestimate the value of your pithiness, it’s one of my favourite aspects of the tribe (y)

My resolution is to only buy models that will get finished within a month of purchase. This means no more of that ‘buying almost a whole 40k army at a time when you don’t even really like 40k’ insanity.
Also I’d like to complete the Captain’s challenge and continue with it even if it finishes.
Lastly I have two tables I’d like to build, one for Gorkamorka which I’ve already amassed most of the bits for and one for Necromunda/Post Apoc which will feature giant mushroom forest and ruined industrial structures.
@Zeebogie has given me a huge bag of bits to get started on this one already and I still have all the Thundercube bits @CaptainDangerous so generously sent me almost a year ago which I’d like to incorporate into it whilst still leaving it useable for actual Thundercube.

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
i know there’s still a couple of weeks remaining, but Im pretty much done for the year!
How has everyone else’s 2019 go?

green=success
red= failure
yellow = mixed success

My number one ‘resolution’ is to be more organised! I mean just in general but hopefully this equates into more hobby time!
Then in kinda order of importance:
*go to Bavaria and play Necromunda with a Bavarian!
*go to Burton Latimer to face my arch nemesis on his home turf!
*go to London to support Spafe in hosting the necro LGT! (London grand tournament, nothing to do with gay rights :p:D)
*fight the grand king of the Trolls and rescue The Captain himself! (Unless one of you manages to get to him first at TribeMeet 2019, in which case I’ll just teach the orange haired mutant a lesson in gangfighting!) Maybe at BOYL 2019?
*go to BOYL 2019 (bring out your lead, a free annual event near Derby, recommend everyone at least checks it out!)
*organise TribeMeet Durham (Yakday) 2019, ......September
*play in the Durham yaks Necromunda (N18) campaign! Jan-June (all Welcome, keep your eyes on grim dark north east for upcoming details)
*play in the Grim Dark Cup 2019! Blood bowl tournament! Currently playing 2018 cup, watch Live from danger stadium on the 27th for the finals games!
*build and paint an imperial guard army in a guard off against Spafe! (Damn heretic)
*organise the captains finish your stuff challenge thread!
*try and paint stuff for the captains finish your stuff challenge thread! :confused:
* take part in the Yaktribe secret Santa 2019
*organise the Yaktribe festive shootout
*take part in any and all Yakcomps!
* develop Spacehulkamunda!
*create Legomunda
*package and send off all the bits, pieces, boxes and stuff that I have been promising to send for months! :oops:
*plus anything I have forgot....

P.s. make blood bowl teams from the Necromunda Gangs, .....necrobloodbowlamunda!?!?

Verdict: Overall failure

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Don't be hard on yourself buddy, you did (and half did) some top stuff there! Also you can colour in Yakday Durham green, I was there, I saw it with my very own eyes.

As for me:
• Successfully complete @CaptainDangerous's complete your stuff challenge - even if it's just one or two models for each month. I have far too much naked lead & plastic lying for which I have had great plans for too long - and thanks to the astonishing generosity of @spafe, the pile got bigger! I successfully did the first FYSC. Dropped the ball a bit on the second FYSC, only managing three entries.
• Do my darndest to make TribeMeet 2019 as great a success as possible. I think it went down wonderfully.
• Get some more games in! I started last year playing quite a lot (mostly N17) but it rapidly dwindled. Hopefully with the compendium release I can enthuse some of the gang back into playing. Middling success. A few games at Tribemeet, a day at Durham, and lots of BSF, but not as much as I'd have liked. It's been months since I played NCE or N18.

Overall mild success.

Last edited:

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
* take part in the Yaktribe secret Santa 2019
That is a success as far as I am concerned!

Personally, 2019 was an almost complete washout for me. I failed my resolution (finish what I have started, then start new things,) and all I managed to build and paint this year were a few bridges, and a couple of models for the Secret Santa.

Edit - oh, and I added even more stuff to my disgraceful heap of humiliating defeat (and the year isn't even over yet!)

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainDangerous

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
So, how much did I get done?

- Complete @CaptainDangerous ’ monthly challenges, while also...
- Not buying any new miniatures whatsoever outside of parts to complete existing projects and...
- Finishing off a load of terrain including a small shanty town, WW2 village and a Zone Mortalis set, some of which I will take to...
- Tribemeat... which will also require me to...
- Build at least one new Necromunda gang from scratch and finally...
- take more pictures of my stuff.

The main failure was in not buying any new minis. I acquired a lot of terrain, 2 BFG fleets, an AoS Ogor army and a lot of other random stuff. I'll be trying to work on this problem in 2020. :LOL:

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia
Hahah oh man.. why is it whenever i see old me posts i want to reach through the screen and slap slightly younger me across the face...

1. Finish my sector prom refinery (2-4weeks)
2. Build/paint 9 new slaves (1 techno, 7 slaves, 1 fighter/gorg 2.0) (4-8 weeks) did some arbites instead 🤷‍♂️
3. Make my star wars inspired Caravan piece with guilder and guide. (4 weeks)
4. Build 2x2 raised board tiles complete with seperate sump piece and toll bridge (god fuckin knows) Bloody trying to get it done before the end of the year...
5. Start my narrative campaign (ongoing)
6. successfully parent my first child
whilst maintaining my relationship and sanity
7. Realise that step 6 massively takes priority now and that my progress on 1-5 will be painfully slower now.
Nope... burnt the candle at both ends have never had a year where i have been this sick in my life!

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Yeah, I’ll have to disagree with “overall failure” as well.
You’re being completely too hard on yourself as you heaped massive portions of hobby stuff onto your plate. It’s one of the things that makes you such a hobby inspiration. (That may not have been one of your resolutions, but it’s definitely a green column win.).

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Don’t make any resolutions so you can’t fail at them.

Safe, boring, and totally cheating at the whole resolutions thing.

Considering the last few years and my life outside the tribe, I’d actually have to mark this year as Green. mostly thanks to @CaptainDangerous managing to herd this cat just a tiny bit with the FYSC.

edit:
1) Finished my Grymn Gang (which had sat for 3 years)
2) Made and finished my Xenos Guards from YakComp 27.
Did not complete the comp, tho.
3) Completed my Cawdor Spelunkers from start to finish AND entered them in YakComp 30.
4) Obtained and completed a Yeld.

5) Started loads of scenery. some for Comps but never finished them for entry.
6) Enter all the YakComps (I entered one, Built entries for a couple others and never finished them.)

Last edited:

SirFrog

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2015
Luleå, Sweden
Alright, some follow-up time!
  1. Get a hold of the new rule compendium - Done, the group has one of each book now, at least!
  2. Get some more games in with the new compendium - Done, I'm in a Dominion campaign right now!
  3. Finish the Chem Divers. I.e:
    1. Construct and paint one of each house Heavy Weapon - Rad Cannon and Plasma Cannon done, but I've got all the bitz for the Multi-melta
    2. Construct and paint two sets of rad gun arms - Just got the one pair done.
    3. Construct and paint two sets of plasma gun arms - Just got the one pair done.
    4. Construct and paint two sets of combi-weapon arms - Just got one pair done, and I gotta build combi-melta arms too.
    5. Construct two melee fighters, with house melee weapon arms - Done! Also, all painted!
    6. Construct a gang relic - Done! Needs paint tho.
    7. Construct an arachni-rig. Must be magnetised, for my own sanity. - Mostly done, needs painting and final assembly
  4. Create some risers for the gaming club. - Built one to test it out, still haven't gotten around to mass-producing 'em
    1. At least one should contain lights.
  5. Create terrain for the club - Have been creating terrain - just not any of the below
    1. At least one terrain featuring neon signs - Nope
    2. At least one terrain featuring actual articulated doors - Nope
All in all... could've gone worse!

UndeadKing

Ganger
Nov 12, 2017
Newcastle, U.K.
Start and finish my new cawdor gang. Paint up my bounty hunter gang and do a whole batch of necromunda terrain for home gaming purposes

Well I finished my cawdor.
Didn't do bounty hunters
Got a load of scenery done and then bought even more.
Got a Van Saar and Goliath gang fully painted. Got my corpse grinder cults started.
Played a lot of games