Not necessary but advised

Wyldfire

Oct 5, 2021
I played necromunda about 20 years ago and am getting back into in now with some friends. I was wondering with new and old players to necromunda what do you think are great quality of life things to have when playing. Not just what do you need to play (a gang, some dice, and some scenery) but what things make the game better if you have them?

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
A cheat sheet, especially for the old dogs. There's a lot more you can do per turn, so having that will make it easier to remember.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
The obvious would be nice-looking models and scenery. You can play with unpainted stuff or stand-ins, but the game is definitely better if more immersive.

A laser pointer - for checking line of sight - is another possible 'nice to have' accessory.

Reactions: Wyldfire and Mr. M

Mr. M

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Aug 1, 2019
San Jose, CA
The obvious would be nice-looking models and scenery. You can play with unpainted stuff or stand-ins, but the game is definitely better if more immersive.

A laser pointer - for checking line of sight - is another possible 'nice to have' accessory.
I got my start as a teenager playing Necromunda with unpainted models on bare-bones terrain. Since getting back into the hobby, I've been making a big push to get some good looking scenery completed. Not only has it been a fun project, it really elevates the gaming experience! Definitely consider putting terrain toward the top of your list!

Wyldfire

Oct 5, 2021

Oooh lasers that’s a good one!

Wyldfire

Oct 5, 2021
I got my start as a teenager playing Necromunda with unpainted models on bare-bones terrain. Since getting back into the hobby, I've been making a big push to get some good looking scenery completed. Not only has it been a fun project, it really elevates the gaming experience! Definitely consider putting terrain toward the top of your list!
Yeah, I was very much the same. This time round we’re making sure everything is painted. Got a lot of terrain to do though...

Reactions: Ben_S