NPC: The Bat Grot (advice critique appreciated)

Long story short:
- saw a Goblin Doomdiver, noticed how easily it'd convert into a Batman style miniature.
- naturally someone has already done the conversion.

I'm still keen to make the conversion & make it into a random NPC that turns up and causes chaos/hilarity.

So, onto stats:
M WS BS S T I W A LD
4 3 3 2 3 3 2 2 8

Skills:
- Hipshoota
- Dodgy (5+)
- Sneak Off.

Special Skill:
- Doesn't Kill:
When the Bat Grot takes someone OOA, the fighter cannot be killed, any 'dead' result is to be re-rolled.

I see it as a NPC, not a character that can be hired by any mob.

Any feedback appreciated :)

Reactions: Flamekebab

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Make him the core of a scenario, perhaps? The equivalent to a Necromunda "monster hunt" scenario? Heck, just steal the NM Monster Hunt scenario?

Hmm. Thoughts: Scenario requires a fair bit of terrain [Bat Grot operates from the rooftops - so that needs roofs, so Mektown or else the Grots out in the Skid]. Lots of buildings or tents. Bat Grot sticks to the rooftops, so up his initiative, maybe to a 5 even. Goal is to find and then take down the vigilante.

https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/monster-hunt.557/

Reactions: Dr.Fishy....NOOOOoo
bit of an update. played the bat grot as an npc that was controlled by scatter dice.
had 8 tokens on the table, with one being the bat grot and one token being a scrap counter. once within 8 inches of a token it was revealed.

Helped create a bit of a random event. We changed the wound to 1 after the first game, greatly improved the fllow of the game and meant the main objective wasn't completely forgotten.
Here's what we played with:
M 4
WS 4
BS 2
S 3
T 3
I 4
W 1
A 2
LD 8

Weapons/armor:
- bow.
- club.
- studded armor.

Skills:
- Hipshoota
- Dodgy (5+)
- Sneak Off.

Special Skill:
- Doesn't Kill:
When the Bat Grot takes someone OOA, the fighter cannot be killed, any 'dead' result is to be re-rolled.

Experience:
The attacker gets 2xp for hitting The Bat Grot and 5xp for taking the Bat Grot OOA.

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
What was the verdict on how he played, aside from dropping the wounds to one [to make the first hit count more, I suppose?]? Since you mentioned wanting to keep focus on the main objectives, I take it he was easily distracting? Maybe he would make a decent "monster hunt" scenario of his own, where he would be the main objective? Did many hijinks ensue?

What was the verdict on how he played, aside from dropping the wounds to one [to make the first hit count more, I suppose?]? Since you mentioned wanting to keep focus on the main objectives, I take it he was easily distracting? Maybe he would make a decent "monster hunt" scenario of his own, where he would be the main objective? Did many hijinks ensue?
We just played da fight. He was annoying if that makes sense. THe bow isnt enough of a threat to throw a whole mob at him, but there was still a small chance he could take a boy out of action, which he did with one of mine lol

What made it more annoying was it was my friends mob that killed the bat grot with a quite satisfying harpoon shot(even though it wasn't me that shot him).
If I were to do monster hunt with the bat grot I'd up the wounds to make him last longer, and maybe give the bat grot an exaggerated charge distance and a uge choppa for a bit of a bigger threat level.