Old white dwarfs

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
Apologies, wasn't sure where to post this.
Is there any demand for old white dwarf magazines?

I'm doing a clear out and uncertain whether to bin these or find a home.

Doing a bit of a clear out and found an old box of white dwarfs. One of those boxes that gets moved from house to house and never really dealt with.

So basically is it so much toilet paper or do people want old copies? I doubt they'd be worth the postage as I think they're available digitally if you trawl hard enough. But really hate bining stuff.

Two runs:
Issues 51-69 (mostly D&D articles) mid 80's
Issues 130-180.( Early 40K and Epic stuff) v.late 80's early 90's.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I would expect there to be some interested parties out there, but you're probably right about postage. With that in mind, I'd suggest posting something like this to any local (to you) gaming groups that you know.

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Yes there would be a market for those old White Dwarf magazines. Postage may be an issue (no pun) but I’d leave that to the buyer to decide. If they just need a handful of magazines to complete their collection they’d more than likely pay the P&P.

Whether you find such collectors here on YakTribe I don’t know. Probably better off on the Oldhammer trading groups on Facebook.

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Any idea what the 130-180 run weighs? I'd love to look through those. 130 was Oct 1990 - the first issue with Confrontation rules in it.

Might be interest if you have the complete run of those?

Reactions: Aulenback

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
Not a complete run, partly as it depended on whether teenage me got into town that month. But also I cut a few up, years ago. The confrontation pages in particular I know got taken out to hole punch to put in a binder, as we tried using them. In an almost hilarious bit of prescience this was because I hated flicking through multiple books for rules...🤣

The remaining WD's weigh a ridiculous 7.5 kg. But happy just to post you the confrontation pages.

@Stoof On confrontation I have as loose sheets: intro & background, 2 issues worth of combat rules. Gang creation, Trading post & weapon tables so 7 issues worth I think, they were in a separate foolscap folder. Would that be all of them? Anyway, PM me an address and they can be posted easy. Not that it helps me deal with the WDs😆

Ofc now then I made the mistake of flicking through them:
Issue 129 adds overwatch to 40K....!
139 introduces space fleet (forerunner to BFG?)

Only other issues I chopped up were any with Space Hulk articles but I'll keep the folder with them. Unfortunately the pics of extra hulk tile pieces no longer match the latest ed. Hulk tiles I have 😢

• Haha

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
@Stoof On confrontation I have as loose sheets: intro & background, 2 issues worth of combat rules. Gang creation, Trading post & weapon tables so 7 issues worth I think, they were in a separate foolscap folder. Would that be all of them? Anyway, PM me an address and they can be posted easy. Not that it helps me deal with the WDs😆

I think that's all of them. I'm dinitely interested in those... but as you say, it doesn't help with the actual problem :giggle:

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
I’m a member of a Facebook group called white dwarf through the years that has scans of issues 1-298 so far.

The admin is pretty friendly towards anyone that is looking to sell original white dwarfs if you are interested in going that route with yours.

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
Cheers @almic85, looks like it'll all go to a good home though in hindsight I should've asked about value/interest rather than dropping the seeming motherlode, judging from responses. Guess I thought people would be after specific issues rather than multiple people wanting the lot...