N18 Open Hive War - A Necromunda open war mission generator

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
That is impressive! However, players should be warned about the built-in flaws of this system (by GW), for example:
1599755182285.png

Stephen Nolan

Apr 17, 2018
Rugby, UK
That's interesting and quite an oversight on their side. I think I will have a deep read into these and make sure those card's can't be used together. Or maybe that you can refresh a panel instead of the whole mission

Reactions: TopsyKretts

Squee

Gang Champion
Jan 11, 2019
That is impressive! However, players should be warned about the built-in flaws of this system (by GW), for example:
View attachment 118623

Well, RAW this set up isn't an autowin for the red player (attacker), since you can't score any objectives in the very first round (there's an explanation of how the objectives work on one of the "rules" cards in the pack).

However this setup is still heavily skewed towards the red player since, depending on the board size and terrain, 2 turns might not be enough for green player to even reach the second objective let alone push the red player off of it.

I'm under the impression that like most other things in NewMunda these cards were designed with an assumption that there's a competent arbitrator present at the game. This is definitely not ideal.

The tool itself is great, though, @Stephen Nolan

Orngog

YCE Project Manager
Aug 30, 2014
Wiltshire
This is excellent work, many thanks! I like the idea that this can actually be fixed, what you've made is superior to the cards @Stephen Nolan

This would have been a great use of the official necromunda website ...

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Well, RAW this set up isn't an autowin for the red player (attacker), since you can't score any objectives in the very first round (there's an explanation of how the objectives work on one of the "rules" cards in the pack).
I didn't click enough times to get the auto-win combinations ;) If you replace the objective with the one that says defender choose an edge and attacker has to have 3 fighters on that edge to win, it's an autowin. Some other combinations exists too.

Anyway, this is one hell of a resource!

Reactions: Orngog

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
How do you handle the Loot cards? Generate one set for every other card ignoring Loot, then have each player secretly refresh the page for their loot?

Reactions: TopsyKretts

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
For loot, you could refresh the page per player, or each player could go to the page on their own. However, you can't avoid duplicate loot then. Alternatively, the page could show x amount of loot face down, and each player could flip their own in turn... probably just accept duplicate loot instead.

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
That is pretty much perfect!

However, a text describing the loot condition is missing (the player 2's loot is clicked/revealed here):
1600688383487.png

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
It looks very useful now. One minor thing, while the Loot now has good functionality, the title could be improved. It looks like Loot now shows a random title? And the titles for the actual Loot (per player) is never shown.

Remove the title here (it is not relevant to any of the Loot for either player):
1604495315530.png

Ideally, add the title once you click on a player's Loot (shown in red here):
1604495459381.png

And the second player's Loot:
1604495552255.png

And of course hide the Loot tile again when minimizing either player's Loot.