N18 Orlock Review

Gordon Lewis

Mar 25, 2019
Pacific Grove, CA, USA
Wooo! Yet another newbie asking for advice! YEAH!

So, I've got a good mix of Shotguns and Autoguns in my gang, I even sprang for the Heavy Bolter! My questions are:

1) Should I ditch Bulging Biceps for Munitioneer on my Heavy?
2) Should I swap Nerves of Steel on my Leader for something else?
3) Boltguns (More like BoltFUNS) are neat, but are they going to be camped near my Munitioneer in order to be effective?

https://yaktribe.games/underhive/print/cards/48471

Thanks!

Vonvilkee

Gang Hero
Jan 7, 2018
Bellingham, Washington USA
Bulging biceps only work for combat weapons so ditch it for munitioneer or nerves of steel. The heavy bolter will want arguably need munitioneer. Suspensor will be one of your first purchases.

What is the leader armed with? That will really drive his skill choice, I prefer inspirational (and a plasma pistol) as a ld test to pass cool and stay in the fight after bottling to win through sheer grit is very house of iron orlock to me.

In our campaign I'm the guy to beat as I almost never flee and with all the bolters and shotguns I hand out a lot of injuries.

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
1/ yes. Ditch bulging biceps for any other skill. Munitioner, fixer, or savvy trader are all good.
2/ NoS is good for unpinning and getting into combat. You might not want/need it on your leader especially with such good skills in the savant section.
3/ bolt guns are great. You don’t need munitioner near them but it makes them less likely to run out of ammo and much easier to reload.

As an aside why do you have the respirator and filter plugs? If you drop them all you can afford another ganger with autogun or a close combat weapon for your leader (and champions)!!!

enyoss

Gang Hero
Tribe Council
Jul 19, 2015
SL
I don't think you can even take Bulging Biceps on your champions when starting out, as Brawn is a secondary skill table. Not that you'd want to anyway - it's a dreadful skill.

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
As many have ssaid ditch bulging biceps I still like it in some cases specifically cawdor polearm wielders to get the extra close combat attack.

For heavies with access to ferocity then nerves of steel is a go to choice for me otherwise I find my heavy weapon spends most of the game pinned.