Orlock starting gang

HudsonD

Juve
Nov 29, 2018
Réunion Island
Hi, this is my first post here, I live on a remote tropical island, used to play Necromunda quite a bit 20 years ago, and now I'm diving back with the same buddies, this time with Orlocks !

Leader (Inspiring)
Bolter - Power knife

Champion (Steel Nerves)
Heavy Stubber

Ganger
Combat Shotgun
Ganger
Combat Shotgun
Ganger
Autogun
Ganger
Autogun
Ganger
Autopistol - Chainsword

Juve
Stub Gun - Fighting Knife

Juve
Stub Gun - Fighting Knife

Total is 965, which leaves a few creds aside.

We're likely to play Zone Mortalis near exclusively, that terrain isn't cheap...
How's that for a starter gang please ?

At the moment I'd suggest getting at least 2 champs, (better fighters and can work the turf in a turf war campaign) but who knows how that may shift next week with the new rulebook!

Good point.
I could drop the knife on the leader, that'd free enough points to upgrade one ganger to champion... But which ? Chainsword dude ? Combat shotgun ?

Flails on the Juves.

+1 to hit and +1 strength, it’s a great Juve Weapon.

Combat shotgun champs do quite well if you have a Bolter leader, that way you can do some damage up close, and keep your boss safe.

Heavy weapons ain’t that great on zone Mortalis. Plasma guns, grenade launchers launchers and flamers are much better.

Heavy weapons are best when you can get suspensors and then abuse height to get firing arcs.

I’d also second getting two champs at the start.

Alright, lets see what we can see...

- Yes, I do live on a nice tropical island, Réunion island, nothing like a nice game on a sunny terrace with palm trees.
- I was tempted by flails, but the juves are already glued, so... They're cheap enough I don't expect great things from them anyway.
- Likewise, heavy stubber dude is already glued, and I've kept the habit from old Necromunda to start with a heavy stubber, and ponder the rest after. If nothing else, at least it looks cool.

I'll be removing the knife from the leader, to afford a second champion. Any recommendation as to which ganger I should upgrade ? I should probably get overseer on the leader, to be able to move the 'eavy and shoot, but it seems a lots of points spent just to get some ST4 shots.

Alright, lets see what we can see...

- Yes, I do live on a nice tropical island, Réunion island, nothing like a nice game on a sunny terrace with palm trees.
- I was tempted by flails, but the juves are already glued, so... They're cheap enough I don't expect great things from them anyway.
- Likewise, heavy stubber dude is already glued, and I've kept the habit from old Necromunda to start with a heavy stubber, and ponder the rest after. If nothing else, at least it looks cool.

I'll be removing the knife from the leader, to afford a second champion. Any recommendation as to which ganger I should upgrade ? I should probably get overseer on the leader, to be able to move the 'eavy and shoot, but it seems a lots of points spent just to get some ST4 shots.

It is a lot, but once you cant geg a suspensor on the heavy you can use overseer ti move and shoot with it twice. As in move up, shoot, shoot, move back into Los blocking cover.

Problem with overseer on the leader is you’re losing a Bolter everytime you want to move and shoot the Stubber, and personally I think you’d be better with two bolters.

I’d wait for the suspensors, worst case take the skill that gives a bonus to rare rolls.

Reactions: Dabirdisdaword