N17 Orlocks, Gang War 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Issy-les-Moulineaux 92130 France
legacy gangs will not get access to Escher chemical weapons via the trading post, so it is only fair in the new game that the legacy gangs, which don't have gang specific weapons have the advantage of having , as a group , weapons that are not available to the 2 existing new gangs. I am under the opinion that this is a way to keep some balance in the game in its early days. I would only agree as a cawdor player if you allowed me to purchase any of the new gang specific weapons as well ...fair is fair. I would say if you want to use the legacy weapons for either the Escher or Goliath you would have to give up all their new specific weapons.
I think it's a good point. If you give Escher and Goliath access to the Legacy Weapon List on top of their new House Weapon List, it creates imbalance.
What I had in mind was more to let players play Legacy Esher and Legacy Goliath (replacing the HWL with the LWL) and/or to let all gangs buy any weapon they wish at the Trading Post (including house-specific weapons, but maybe with a rarity roll for other houses.)

40kOpenDay-Orlocks1kjvd.jpg

40kOpenDay-Orlocks2jcda.jpg

40kOpenDay-Orlocks3kw.jpg

40kOpenDay-Orlocks4dchjj.jpg
I love what they did with them. The weapons I spy with my little eyes are lots of autopistol/autogun/stub gun/combat knifes, a sawed-off shotgun, a mining laser and a power fist.
40kOpenDay-HiredGuns18hfec.jpg
Looks like resin to me... which means I'll probably convert them out of spare Orlock/Escher.

Attachments

Jfredona

Ganger
Jul 19, 2011
Chicago, Illinois, US
I think it's a good point. If you give Escher and Goliath access to the Legacy Weapon List on top of their new House Weapon List, it creates imbalance.
What I had in mind was more to let players play Legacy Esher and Legacy Goliath (replacing the HWL with the LWL) and/or to let all gangs buy any weapon they wish at the Trading Post (including house-specific weapons, but maybe with a rarity roll for other houses.)

I love what they did with them. The weapons I spy with my little eyes are lots of autopistol/autogun/stub gun/combat knifes, a sawed-off shotgun, a mining laser and a power fist.
Looks like resin to me... which means I'll probably convert them out of spare Orlock/Escher.
Thanks for agreeing. I sometimes seems that some people on here are inflexible in their opinions. I do have to say though, that allowing other gangs to buy house specific weapons would make the gangs less unique feeling, so I think that the solution is to allow Escher and Goliath gangs to either play as the new gangs (and get their new house weapons) or play as a "legacy gang" and give up the new weapons and only pick from the legacy weapon list

Arbedark

Juve
Jan 17, 2015
Catshill, Bromsgrove
New Orlocks look like a cross between old Orlocks and old Van Saar to me, and sounds like their fluff - being engineers and miners who solve problems.

Not to keen on the official paint scheme, but I bet once the community gets hold of them they'll look incredible.

That power fist is dope!

I'll definitely be picking up a gang or two.

Reactions: Ben_S
Jun 23, 2016
It's probably the safest bet. I'm not sure how I feel about a Legacy Goliath gang starting a campaign with 3 Heavy Stubbers and Bulking Biceps though* :confused:
Another way to do it would be to allow only Goliath and Escher (and soon Orlock) gangs in the campaign with their new HWL and free access to the LWL at the trading post (which, I think, is what will eventually happen when all 6 house gang are out.)

*: yes, it's possible. If you take 1 Leader, 2 Champions and give them one Heavy Stubber each, you still have enough credits left for 3 gangers with 20 creds of weapon each (2 autogun + 1 shotgun for instance)
It seems that the Orlocks is going to have access to powerfists, that's going to be nasty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chivers7
Status
Not open for further replies.