N18 Outcast Campaign Defences

Ripper

Juve
Feb 27, 2016
Rogues Island, US
Hi friends! Am I losing it, or are there Defences mentioned multiple times in the Outcast book that just don’t exist? It makes it seem like there are deployable things somewhere, but they aren’t in the book?
It references pg 48 which is like one paragraph. There are a couple things in the settlements that are deployable, but the Big Score scenario mentions minefields and automated defences.
Am I missing something?

JayTee

Ganger
Jun 14, 2015
Minefields are a settlement building benefit (pg 85) and the automated just means the booby traps provided by this will be set off by anyone. The other Defences, except for Critters, have no relevance for being "automated" so ignore that bit. I guess there could well have been plans to have the ability to buy more Defences such as mounted weapons, servitors, etc but maybe the plans for that were scaled back and the scenario was never revisited?

Ripper

Juve
Feb 27, 2016
Rogues Island, US
Yeah I guess that’s my take too. I suppose it would be easy enough to just include a couple things from the house books for that scenario, too.
Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something! I do kind of love the idea of deployable fissures, hahha
Thanks!