N18 Outcast Delegation Gangs- Which Skills Stay?

daxxglax

Oct 26, 2021
Reading through the rules to use a Delegation as the core of an Outcast gang, I find that, while it specifies that they come with the equipment listed in their entry and must pick an Archetype, no mention is made about the skills listed in their entry.

I'll use the Smuggler Shore Party as an example. In their entry, the Cold Trader has Overseer and Step Aside, and the Bosun has Dodge. If using them as the heart of an Outcast gang would you:

A) Completely disregard the skills in their entry, and select a starting skill based on their Archetype

B) Keep the skills in their entry, select an Archetype, but do not gain a starting skill based on their Archetype

C) Choose whether you want to to keep their original skill(s) or replace them with a starting skill based on their Archetype (similar to Elevating a Fighter)

It's something that's ultimately up to the Arbitrator, but I wanted to get peoples' feel on it.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
B) Keep the skills in their entry, select an Archetype, but do not gain a starting skill based on their Archetype
I would go with this option as they specifically gain 'tools of the trade' and are instructed to choose an archtype, but at no point does it mention them following the 'skills' paragraph in the champion or leader entries.

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Using an Alliance as the foundation of an Outcast gang means you want to use a set of pre-made characters (fully complete with stats, weapons and skills). So it's an obvious B). Don't remember exactly what the rules allows or doesn't mention. Is "Archetype" anything other than a fluff title and a skill set?