N18 Outcast gang first draft.

Dkay1981

Ganger
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
I am going for a more narrative themed outcast gang that won’t get completely stomped. I could use a little feedback. Not looking for meta competitive but more something fun that will get through a campaign.

Not quite decided on champ skills

It’s a gang aligned with a fallen Nobel house:

Leader - lady creedo 250

Brawler champ - stub/ plasma pistol, thunder hammer, mesh armour and under-suit 180

Master mind champ - auto pistol stiletto sword and mesh armour - 120

2 x scum w/ auto gun - 45 each
2x scum w/shotgun - 60 each
2x scum w/ lasgun - 45 each
Scum with axe and flail - 60
Scum with auto pistol and chain-sword - 55

Comes to 965. Wanna see where I can slot in that last 35 points.

Thankyou for your time.

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
Its very short ranged, would be my initial thought, you've got some scum with 24" range which will land a few pins on people but most of your killing power is trying to get in the enemies face.

I'd be inclined to suggest that scum should be kept cheap, those melee scum should probably be aiming more for autopistol and knife or axe rather than any fancier weapons, since they don't have the stats to make good use of them or the skills to help them reach melee.

The reality is even a well equipped melee-outcast gang will get chewed up and spat out by melee dedicated house gangs, or corpse grinders, or Ogryns so I think cheap, massed fire with some big guns is thr way to go with them

Dkay1981

Ganger
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
Its very short ranged, would be my initial thought, you've got some scum with 24" range which will land a few pins on people but most of your killing power is trying to get in the enemies face.

I'd be inclined to suggest that scum should be kept cheap, those melee scum should probably be aiming more for autopistol and knife or axe rather than any fancier weapons, since they don't have the stats to make good use of them or the skills to help them reach melee.

The reality is even a well equipped melee-outcast gang will get chewed up and spat out by melee dedicated house gangs, or corpse grinders, or Ogryns so I think cheap, massed fire with some big guns is thr way to go with them
I didn’t think of it like that. I was looking at most of the profiles and none seem like they have great ranged profiles so I tried to keep more to melee.

Maybe a fallen house was not my best alignment. I was looking for weapon that could give a bit more punch to champs.
I looked at Ran lo for the web pistols as templates would help the gang more but allot of web pistols feels like a dick move.

I like the idea of mixing weapons on scum as spam is never fun to play or play against but I didn’t consider that I’d have trouble with a mediocre melee gang.

I liked the idea of lady creedo but I wS
Not set on her. I have a few dermatitis personae I can use that I thought would be cool ie yar umbra, the harvest lord and slate.

I’m finding making a fluffy outcast gang that can hold its own a little tricky.

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
I think mixing lasguns, autoguns and shotguns is diverse enough for scummers, you can always run a couple of cheap pistol/axe fighters, just don't expect much from them if you want to keep from being too spammy

But yes Outcasts are tough to build around and compete with some of super-powered house gangs, i think an Outcasts only campaign may be the way to run it

Dkay1981

Ganger
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
So a bit of a revised list:

Lady creedo ( stock items) - alignment is clan esher, archetype - survivor.

Champ - 2 x plasma pistols , mesh armour, archetype - gunslinger , skill - gunfighter

Champ 2- grenade launcher, mesh armour, archetype-gunslinger, skill - fast shot

2 x auto gun scum 45
1x reclaimed auto gun scum 40
2x lasgun scum 45
2x shotgun scum 60
1x Stiletto knife, reclaimed auto pistol scum 50
1x axe, reclaimed auto pistol scum 45.

Rounding up to bang on 1000 credits

Giving me 12 bodies in a starting gang and plenty of meh shooting.

Scabs

Gang Hero
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
Don't hate me...but on startup, Champs can't get plasma pistols (Availability 9). Also, Lady Creedo has to survive, or the gang disbands.

Yup, Outcast are a challenge. Too many Leader options to generalize. But the rest of the gang is Old School in a New School game. Lot's of bodies is all good, except many scenarios limit bodies available. It now takes some serious punch to take out serious heroes in other gangs. OC don't get that from the start. Old School H2H had serious variations. Even Juves could get lucky. H2H now heavily favors the better equipped fighters with better stats. So, go big, or die. And Gangers and Juves don't skyrocket to the top of the charts no more. And are weapon types limited. Can't trade weapons to better shooters. Heroes are where it's at, now. OC Champs are loveably lugs, but simply subpar.

Which is to say, this gang is fun, but not going to dominate House of (X) gangs. And, I feel your pain, I'm starting my second campaign with them. I'm currently using a Genestealer Adept for a Leader (it's a bucket list GSC "Brood Brothers instead of Hybrids" thing). Because I couldn't run a Piscean Cephalopod with a straight face. Maybe next time.

Last edited:

Dkay1981

Ganger
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
Don't hate me...but on startup, Champs can't get plasma pistols (Availability 9). Also, Lady Creedo has to survive, or the gang disbands.

Yup, Outcast are a challenge. Too many Leader options to generalize. But the rest of the gang is Old School in a New School game. Lot's of bodies is all good, except many scenarios limit bodies available. It now takes some serious punch to take out serious heroes in other gangs. OC don't get that from the start. Old School H2H had serious variations. Even Juves could get lucky. H2H now heavily favors the better equipped fighters with better stats. So, go big, or die. And Gangers and Juves don't skyrocket to the top of the charts no more. And are weapon types limited. Can't trade weapons to better shooters. Heroes are where it's at, now. OC Champs are loveably lugs, but simply subpar.

Which is to say, this gang is fun, but not going to dominate House of (X) gangs. And, I feel your pain, I'm starting my second campaign with them. I'm currently using a Genestealer Adept for a Leader (it's a bucket list GSC "Brood Brothers instead of Hybrids" thing). Because I couldn't run a Piscean Cephalopod with a straight face. Maybe next time.
Really ?! It was my understanding that if you were unaligned you were stuck with what you can get from the trading post. But if you aligned yourself with a house or delegation you get access to their house weapons and equipment, just not all their special stuff like genesmithing or cybernetica. As I chose esher to align with my champs should have access to plasma pistols as their champs do?

I’m not sold on creedo, she seems fun and fairly survivable. I was also looking at possibly slate maderna.

If I was going into a competitive campaign if maybe rethink things but I am the arbitrator and we are running a pretty fluffy narrative campaign with some balancing house rules to help out weaker gangs. Plus most of the players are pretty inexperienced so I didn’t want to do too hard on a list.

I’m very much a “ tell a story” player and I’m not really looking to smash face but instead see where this ride takes me lol.

Reactions: JayTee

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
But if you aligned yourself with a house or delegation you get access to their house weapons and equipment, just not all their special stuff like genesmithing or cybernetica.
You are correct. Scabs is wrong.

On that note, you've done yourself out of 20 creds, as the lasgun scum benefit from the 5 cred lasguns off the escher weapon list.

Cant comment on creedo, dont know her setup and havent got my book to hand. I would suggest you could get smokes on the grenade launcher to help reloads, or the acid ammo on shotgun to give some blaze options out there with the creds saved on the lasguns (or even a chem synth to help the stilletto).

I live the mixed list though, a few plinkers, some light combat guys to advance (and support creedo?). With the shotguns and the krak rounds being your anti big stuff... its a little light to start with, I'd look to either a meltagun or something else that can really hit hard to stop goliath leaders and the like in their tracks, but bar ogyrns and goliaths, its mostly needed when other gangs pick up brutes.

Dkay1981

Ganger
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
You are correct. Scabs is wrong.

On that note, you've done yourself out of 20 creds, as the lasgun scum benefit from the 5 cred lasguns off the escher weapon list.

Cant comment on creedo, dont know her setup and havent got my book to hand. I would suggest you could get smokes on the grenade launcher to help reloads, or the acid ammo on shotgun to give some blaze options out there with the creds saved on the lasguns (or even a chem synth to help the stilletto).

I live the mixed list though, a few plinkers, some light combat guys to advance (and support creedo?). With the shotguns and the krak rounds being your anti big stuff... its a little light to start with, I'd look to either a meltagun or something else that can really hit hard to stop goliath leaders and the like in their tracks, but bar ogyrns and goliaths, its mostly needed when other gangs pick up brutes.
Aaaa ok! That’s even better, I thought you got access to the weapons from the house list not necessarily the same cost. That’s good to know.

I went with creedo as she seemed pretty survivable and her melee output is not to bad. She has a master crafter power Sabre and master crafted laspistol with is not to bad. She is also rocking a displacer field, light carapace armour and special servo skulls that give her a 360 degree vision arc. Then dodge, iron will and parry as skills which give her 2 parry’s per round that’s to her weapons so I figured she would do some work.

I’m happy with what I have for scummers but I’m not 💯 sold on my champ choices. I think the grenade launcher champ is ok to cover that 4+ bs but the duel plasma pistols sounds fun but may not hit much. So I’m open to other suggestions. Maybe hand flamers with hip shooting 🤷‍♂️.
As the campaign goes on I deffo wanna grab some beefier weapons but I forgives this would Atleast help with keeping people pinned while I try to swarm the board cawdor style. Variable gang missions can be a pain but we have some house rules in place to help with balance of those missions.

Reactions: spafe

Scabs

Gang Hero
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
I'll concede Leader Affiliation is more art than science. But, how do we make the leap from from Lady Creed of Fallen House Ty to Clan Escher? And, does House Ty have an equipment list?

Last edited:

Dkay1981

Ganger
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
I'll concede Leader Affiliation is more art than science. But, how do we make the leap from from Lady Creed of Fallen House Ty to Clan Escher? And, does House Ty have an equipment list?
I believe that’s the rules when you hire them as a drematis personae. For an outcast gang you pick your leader whether you build it yourself or pick and existing character card yourself, pick an affiliation ( unaligned, clan house or guild) and pick an archetype for their skill advancement.

Delegation gangs are different as you have to take the whole delegation and you are stuck with that alliance.

Allot of the house or guild characters tags are used more when you are hiring them through favours and alliances.

It’s all about the story with outcasts.
If you wanna you the for a Goliath zerker who got bored of taking order and has a decided he wanted to go on a rampage and sell the bodies to the corpse guild
And ended up having a group of followers who see him as a liberator. Then you can totally build that within the rules.
This is why its such of a pain to be an arbitrator for and why the guys @ yaktribe have such a task to put them in gang creator.

Atleast that how I’ve been reading it.

Scabs

Gang Hero
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
I get it. But what you are saying is any leader can affiliate with anything. A Goliath Zerker could affiliate with House Escher. Ditto, Lady Ceedo. Despite that they both have a contradictory backstory. Whatever floats your boat.