NCE outlander weapon lists

gamepimp

Ganger
Feb 6, 2018
perth
So the rules allow outlander gangs to purchase alternative house weapons at the cost of a rare trade. By this logic, can a standard gang purchase outlander weapons? i.e can my goliaths purchase an eviscerator? what about an exterminator? Could my Orlocks purchase a pitslave buzzsaw?

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
I always liked the idea of House gangs going to the outlaw trading post but taking a penalty the next time they roll on the outlaw chart...

Reactions: Tiny

Blood Donor

Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Golden, British Columbia, Canada
I always thought that the Outlaw Status roll was downplayed. Maybe if going to the Outlaw trading post was a very stiff fine but not an immediate outlawing then it would promote more use of it...

Reactions: Tiny

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
So the rules allow outlander gangs to purchase alternative house weapons at the cost of a rare trade. By this logic, can a standard gang purchase outlander weapons? i.e can my goliaths purchase an eviscerator? what about an exterminator? Could my Orlocks purchase a pitslave buzzsaw?
Common weapons are listed in the NCE rulebook. Outlander specific weapons are not common weapons outside of their own weapons list so cannot be purchased by other gangs.

Reactions: gamepimp

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
I always thought that the Outlaw Status roll was downplayed. Maybe if going to the Outlaw trading post was a very stiff fine but not an immediate outlawing then it would promote more use of it...
I could see the merit of a change there. Would certainly open up some under-utilised options. Perhaps just a -1 on the outlaw roll if a gang uses the outlaw trading post? Maybe increase costs slightly for non-outlaw gangs?

Reactions: Blood Donor

gamepimp

Ganger
Feb 6, 2018
perth
I could see the merit of a change there. Would certainly open up some under-utilised options. Perhaps just a -1 on the outlaw roll if a gang uses the outlaw trading post? Maybe increase costs slightly for non-outlaw gangs?
At the moment I thought you had to be an outlaw gang to even have access to the outlaw trading post? Having played a legit gang that was forced into being an outlaw one of my few solaces was knowing I could find trades that regular gangs couldn't access :p

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
At the moment I thought you had to be an outlaw gang to even have access to the outlaw trading post? Having played a legit gang that was forced into being an outlaw one of my few solaces was knowing I could find trades that regular gangs couldn't access :p
At the moment, that is indeed correct. The suggestion was that perhaps it could change to allow everyone access with higher risk of becoming an outlaw. A person doesn't have to be known to police to try to search out illicit items, but doing so can certainly draw attention of the authorities.

The main side effect being that hopefully you would see more of the cool stuff like narcotics and whatnot.

Last edited: