Outlanders Community Edition (OCE)

crimsonsun

Gang Champion
May 4, 2013
www.crimsonsun2000.wordpress.com
I'm going to read the 25 pages of this thread (soon), but figured I should throw this in here while I think of it: Can Scaly Weapons be used by standard Heavies? I assume no, as Scalies are meant to be even bigger/bulkier than even the largest goliath.... Is it specifically stated anywhere?

It does not need to say it, because unless your cheating your Heavy is never going to be the required Strength 5. If your cheating however... Well that's another matter.

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
I still haven't actually read this thread and I don't know if the OCE rules I have downloaded are up to date, but skimming through the Scavvy section I have some notes/queries:

I do not understand the Scrofulous Wastes - does it mean that each Scavvy in the gang can only forage D3 creds and (with the next rule) need to be fed 2 creds? (edit: I'm still going to build my Fungus Grotto themed terrain :) )

With D6 income, I like that the So Many Mouths To Feed is 2 credits instead of 3, and it is interesting that Cannibal Stew doesn't just feed the entire gang (these two together would probably mean that I wouldn't use the old tactic of eating the most wounded member and just buying a replacement).

Not so sure about the Unreliable Weapons rule - prefer to make a standard ammo roll on a To-Hit of 1 or 6. Sure, they might press their own bullets, and they are more likely to explode (making ammo rolls twice as often as everyone else), but I'd imagine that if they malfunction it is more that the power has gotten wet and the gun jams... and they are already twice as likely to explode due to making so many ammo rolls.... and.. and I'm repeating myself. :-(

Mutations:
Maximum of 1 mutation type in gang instead of increasing cost? No Tentacled Cthulhu Army for me> :-\
Long legs has +2M?
Spikes no-longer means the model can't wear armour?
Bloated: Does this increase the number of maximum wounds the model can have?
Wyrd: Hooray! I was replying to another post, somewhere, earlier about Wyrd powers. 56: cannot be possessed isn't very useful if it is your only power. :-\ Would be interesting to make a new table for Scavvy Wyrds.

Scalies:
Can they wear armour?
Cold-blooded instead of Ld9? :-o
Could it be added somewhere that Scalies can't challenge for leadership of the gang?

Weapons:
Downgrade from Club to Knife. Sad but true. :)
All Scavvies can have Tox Bombs now? D-:

Jembo17

Gang Champion
Apr 27, 2013
Derbyshire, UK
Don't know if this has come up before, and the search engine hasn't helped so i've gotta call on the advice of the masses. Unless i've misread the Ratskin OCE rules, does the Chief has no choice other than to forage in the post game sequence...?

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Never sure if I open the right file, but:

"Isolationists
Renegades are bitterly distrustful of non-ratskins and rarely venture into trading posts for supplies. Due to this Renegades cannot use hired guns. In addition, usually a gang leader is offered D3 rare items after each game, but a Ratskin Chief is not offered any. Ratskins must be sent in search of rare items following the usual trading post rules."

So, I guess, a Chief can forage or get 1 roll on (outlaw) rare trade table, just like any other gang member.

Last edited:
Reactions: spafe

Grimm262

Jan 12, 2015
Just getting back into the game and very excited for the rules updates. One item I noticed in the most recent download - The Redemptionist Territory Table does not include results for 61 or 62 die rolls.

Reactions: trollmeat

Snowmansd

Nov 17, 2014
Perth, Australia
Not sure if its been mentioned before in this thread but ill ask anyway
The OCE Pit slave weapons it doesn't say anywhere that they cant be disarmed is this a mistake ??

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
2: Disarm The model may use this skill against one close combat opponent at the start of the hand-to-hand phase. The model must take an Initiative test. If the test is passed then he knocks his opponent's weapons aside and he must fight the remainder of the turn using only a knife. It's assumed the fighter recovers his weapons in time for the next turn.

"Disarm" can just be considered to knock the blade aside similar to a musketeer parry/riposte type thing. The weapon isn't actually dropped or destroyed in NCE, but the skill hasn't been renamed/re-flavoured.

Snowmansd

Nov 17, 2014
Perth, Australia
2: Disarm The model may use this skill against one close combat opponent at the start of the hand-to-hand phase. The model must take an Initiative test. If the test is passed then he knocks his opponent's weapons aside and he must fight the remainder of the turn using only a knife. It's assumed the fighter recovers his weapons in time for the next turn.

"Disarm" can just be considered to knock the blade aside similar to a musketeer parry/riposte type thing. The weapon isn't actually dropped or destroyed in NCE, but the skill hasn't been renamed/re-flavoured.

Cheers for clearing that up mate

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
^I should have added the disclaimer: ignore me, I don't know what I'm doing :p

Jembo17

Gang Champion
Apr 27, 2013
Derbyshire, UK
On the Outlaw Rare Trade table a roll of '64' means 'Fighting Pit'.

It says that "a random gang member becomes embroiled in a pit fight". I take it this means a random gang member from those who're visiting the trading post (including the leader)?
Also, it seems a bit of a harsh way to have one of your gangers (or leader - gulp!) die as a result of that roll?

Jembo17

Gang Champion
Apr 27, 2013
Derbyshire, UK
Just seen that my above post has made it's way onto the 'list of proposed changes'. Will the update be specifying that the participant in the 'fighting pit' has to be one of the gang members who actually visits the trading post? And any chance of changing the 'dead' result? Harsh.

Anthony

Community Edition Editor
Jun 2, 2011
A Dead outcome is very rare really and I quite like the idea of there being at least one special event where something disastrous can potentially happen. I can't quite see why the random fighter would have to be going to the trading post. Perhaps the fighter meets the figher pit contact during the trading post visit and ropes in a gang chum afterwards? Generally I'd prefer to keep the special event rules as simple as possible really.