N18 Palanite Enforcer Starting list

Bitwizard

Aug 31, 2017
This is my new enforcer gang Precinct 042 !!! Let me know what you think of this list. I went with more bodies over lots of gear. I also kinda wanted a gang that could adapt to the meta of our group rather than skew too far in any one direction. I also considered a subjugator list here Precinct 043 ! The Subjugator list is a nice balance of heavy firepower and melee tanks, but low body count. I fear they would probably get overwhelmed easily.

El Torro

Juve
Jan 5, 2015
Slough
I am certainly no expert but a couple of things jump out at me:

For Precinct 042 you have 3 Patrolmen with nothing but Stub Guns. I don't think this is a good idea, better off getting rid of one of them and giving the other two weapons with more bite. Sure, bodies is always good but I think for an Enforcer Gang 7 is enough.

As for Precinct 043 I think you're right in saying that they'll get overwhelmed easily. I think a Palanite Gang works best when it's mainly made up of Enforcers. Of course one or two Subjugators is an option.

Reactions: Bitwizard

MrAndersson

Gang Hero
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
With the following changes, the first list would be pretty decent:
- do as Torro suggests and disband one patrolman in order to give the other two some actual guns
- get rid of the assault shield on the subjugator sergeant and give him krak grenades for his grenade launcher (never ever take a grenade launcher without krak grenades)

The second list is just bad. Sure, two heavy concussion rams are nice, but that's the only firepower you have. And the melee portion of the gang doesn't hit hard enough to be an actual threat, since they are only equipped with shock staves. And, again, the grenade launcher doesn't have krak grenades.

Bitwizard

Aug 31, 2017
I will take these options into consideration! I don't really see what guns I can buy for 2 enforcers by dropping one single patrolman though. It's only 70 points. As for the Sergeant with the shield...I suppose I could run him without the shield upgrade. That would free up i think 110 points total? I wouldn't be able to squeeze krak grenades into the list, but I would be able to get a bolter and a Combat shotgun on the other two guys. Seems like a pretty solid choice.

Psyan

Ganger
Sep 2, 2016
Olympus Mons, Mars
I will take these options into consideration! I don't really see what guns I can buy for 2 enforcers by dropping one single patrolman though. It's only 70 points. As for the Sergeant with the shield...I suppose I could run him without the shield upgrade. That would free up i think 110 points total? I wouldn't be able to squeeze krak grenades into the list, but I would be able to get a bolter and a Combat shotgun on the other two guys. Seems like a pretty solid choice.
70 points is two concussion carbines, with 10 points left over. They're not as deadly as boltguns, but they're still cheap for the amount of pinning they can inflict.

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Bit late to the party, but still...

You need to find a balance between gear and bodycount. 7-8 fighters is good enough for start.
A couple of points:

Subjugator Sgt - You gave him Fast Shot, so he's a shooty character primarily. I'd drop the shield, as he can be behind cover more easily.
Barebone Patrolman - It's okay to have 1 or 2, but three is a bit too much, take the credits from the shield, and get him some proper weapon.
Captain - Drop the Dum-Dum rounds, he got a ranged weapon already, and the staff overlaps with the DD rounds. Save credits.

You should have 50 free credits now (from removing shield and 2x dumdum), get another Boltgun, mister. Or give the Captain a Boltgun, and pass the Carbine to some Patrolman.

You can always but the stuff back after a couple of games.
Also, get some flashbangs, smoke grenades, that sort of stuff as soon as possible.