N18 Palanite Enforcers - Starter Gang and Assault on Precinct-Fortress 17

El Torro

Juve
Jan 5, 2015
Slough
I bit the bullet and bought Dark Uprising, and also bought a Palanite Enforcers sprue. So I have enough models to make 10 Enforcers and 6 Subjugators.

I have made two lists. The first is a standard starter gang for 1,000 credits. Any comments would be appreciated before I get around to assembling them:

I have also created a list for the Assault on Precinct-Fortress 17 scenario. For those who don't know you can spend 1,500 credits on an Enforcer gang. You also get a bunch of hangers on and Hired Guns, who's cost does not come out of those 1,500 credits. The list:

Ideally I'd like to be able to play both gangs with the same models, without having to buy any more Enforcer or Subjugator sprues.
The scenario gang is allowed to buy whatever they want from the Trading Post, up to a rarity of 12. I didn't take advantage of this as I thought that more boys would be beneficial to see them through the 3 or 4 battles they will need to fight.

A couple of questions, one of which is related to the lists I've created:

Should a sniper rifle go on a Sergeant or a Patrolman? I have put them on Patrolmen for now, giving the Sergeants more flexibility on what they can do.

I know you can build a kneeling Enforcer. While a kneeling Enforcer with a sniper rifle looks cool I feel it's bad sportmanship. Shouldn't all models be standing, so as not to take unfair advantage of cover?

So a few topics in this one thread. I thought I'd keep it to one thread rather than create multiple ones, especially since they're all related to the same gang.

Reactions: Space Truckin

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
I'm probably not the best one to give advice as I haven't gotten a game in yet but no boltguns? I personally thought that was a major benefit of the faction I'd probably grab at least one

As far as the kneeling snipers go it's a pretty standard pose and it looks cool which auto Trump's everything in my book I'd never model to get an unfair advantage and the guy yelling about you doing probably did it himself. Keep an extra standing guy to swap out if someone has an issue would be my route

Reactions: El Torro

El Torro

Juve
Jan 5, 2015
Slough
My starter gang does have one bolter, it's on the Palanite Sergeant. I'm considering swapping his weapon with the Patrolman with a sniper rifle.

You're right that Enforcer Boltguns are pretty great. I didn't intentionally keep the bolters to a minimum, just prioritised other things. I have one Patrolman with a Concussion Carbine, simply because I couldn't afford to give him a bolter. Maybe something to add during the campaign.

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
That's fair definitely missed the bolter I was personally confused on the carbines till I saw that sweet sweet blast template on them entirely possible I need to drop a boltgun to get one added in the roster I made up (been looking at enforcers pretty heavy myself really like the look of them)

Reactions: El Torro

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
I don't think you can give a subjugator sergeant a concussion carbine.

I'd also say I'm not a huge fan of melee captains, they're not great at it, save the money from the shock weapon and get a boltgun instead

Reactions: ReikoX and El Torro

El Torro

Juve
Jan 5, 2015
Slough
I have now reworked both gangs a bit.

The leader in the Starter gang has been given a bolter instead of the shock baton and concussion carbine. With Necromunda for some reason I am always tempted to give the leader close quarters weapons. I agree that a bolter might be better for this leader though. I also changed the Subjugator Sergeant to an Enforcer Sergeant and gave him a shotgun so he can lead from the front.

For some reason I thought I could only hire Subjugator Patrolmen if I had a corresponding Sergeant. Checking the rules again though it seems I was wrong.

I've also made similar tweaks to the Assault on Precinct-Fortress 17 gang.

Reactions: Ashmagnus2112